Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

There'll be two things keeping him here, duty to the fans and the possibility of the takeover. At the end of the season I'd expect him to leave if the takeover isn't done.

Never forget the reasons he joined, they still hold. He may have decided that NUFC is his club now and he's going to see Ashley off :lol:

What's really distressing is that I cannot think of another club right now that suits Rafa better than NUFC (taking ownership out of the equation). I believe he thinks that too. He'll not hang around forever though, waiting for it to get better.

The chance of a takeover during the summer is larger than Rafa quitting us in my opinion.

You mean the takeover is the most important thing? Of course that's right.

My bad, I mean possibilities.

There'll be two things keeping him here, duty to the fans and the possibility of the takeover. At the end of the season I'd expect him to leave if the takeover isn't done.

If the takeover doesn't happen, he might hang on for the summer to see if he gets a decent transfer kitty due to the tv money being available. I don't know what Ashley promised this season, but there was a general understanding that it would be our second season in the Premier where the big money would be available, assuming we can stay up. He's in contract for another season, so he could afford to wait and see what his options are.

see if he gets a decent transfer kitty due to the tv money being available.

Will not happen.

I think it might based on what happened during the McClaren reign. He was around the last time we'd got a bit of surplus money, next season should be similar.

Just an observation but we seem to defend much better at 0-0 looking for a goal, than at 1-0 looking to protect.

Obviously the opposition has some influence on this, but we always seem to go straight into safety mode and it seems to cost us.

Again, this seems to be because we know at the back of our minds that our strikers dont' fucking score goals, we rarely get goals, so even just getting one, we try to protect it. I mean, we don't even score on the break, our strikers miss sitters, lol.

I’m sure Crumpy was against Souness? But was critical of Bellamy and Robert at the time which may have been misdirected as supporting Souness? I know I was critical of those two and got labelled as a Souness sympathiser at the time.

I despised Souness from the moment he got the job (before that tbf but he wasn't our problem then....Beardsleys book laid out what a shithouse he was)

I knew from day 1 that both Bellamy and Robert would be his targets. Shearer fucking loved him (didn't he dedicate his record breaking goal to the sour faced bastard?) mainly because he authorised a contract he should never have been offered.