Newcastle United 2 - 1 Stoke City - 16/09/17 (post match reaction from p21)

Greg

Interesting how it turned out Stoke were a steaming pile of shite after the way their board was cracking on like they were Barca.

They weren't shite; just once again we executed a game plan very well, and as a result should have won far more comfortably.

Shite.

What the hell is wrong with that statement, jeez, we just won 3 on the trot. Cheer up. :lol:

I'm saying Stoke are shite.

Yeah, you're right, lucky we caught them on a bad day, means nothing.

I don't think it was a bad day tbh, they are just not very good. Which is why they finish 12th-15th every year.

Haven't they finished in the top ten the last 3 years or something?

I don't think it was a bad day tbh, they are just not very good. Which is why they finish 12th-15th every year.

But they'd started this season well, they'd just beat Arsenal and got a draw against a Man United side that had been steamrolling teams.

But they'd started this season well, they'd just beat Arsenal and got a draw against a Man United side that had been steamrolling teams.

We'll see tbf, but I wouldn't be surprised if they flatter to deceive like they always do.

Also, the commentators in the first half we're making out like Stoke were bossing the early exchanges, not realising that them having pointless possession and edging forward to be hit on the break was exactly what we wanted to happen. That they had more posession because we let them have it.

I was watching channel TSN4 (I think it was) and Caldwell was in the studio. I didn't know that it was him at first but he really impressed me. Did a good job. Better at this than football.

TSN studio analysis is probably the best analysis going anywhere. They tell it like it is rather than making inflammatory statements for "TV". Quite knowledgable and enjoyable every time I've watched our matches on there.

sky sports:

Newcastle: Elliot (8), Yedlin (8), Clark (7), Lascelles (7), Mbemba (7), Hayden (6), Merino (8), Perez (8), Atsu (7), Ritchie (8), Joselu (5)

Subs: Shelvey (6), Gayle (6), Diame (6)

Stoke City: Butland (6), Martins Indi (7), Zouma (6), Wimmer (6), Diouf (7), Allen (6), Fletcher (6), Pieters (6), Choupo-Moting (6), Shaqiri (7), Jese (6)

Subs: Sobhi (6), Crouch (N/A)

Man of the match: Matt Ritchie