Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 01/10/17 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Guest firetotheworks

Not at all comfortable with a Shelvey, Merino midfield and Manquillo at left back, but we'll surely get some chances with their defence, even if it does mean losing 6-2 or something.

In fairness with Manquillo if there's one thing he's good at it's foot races.

More concerned about the mobility of a Shelvey-Merino midfield than I am about Manquillo.

Terrible at positioning though

Guest firetotheworks

In fairness with Manquillo if there's one thing he's good at it's foot races.

More concerned about the mobility of a Shelvey-Merino midfield than I am about Manquillo.

Manquillo is fine at foot races and one on one, so far he's been absolutely shocking at following off the ball movement though and obviously this is Liverpool he's up against, so aye, I'm worried.

Guest firetotheworks

:anguish: Perez

Diame for you?

You've just done the same for Joselu [emoji38] Does that mean you'd prefer Mitrovic? We're limited whoever's in tbf.

Diame for you?

You've just done the same for Joselu [emoji38] Does that mean you'd prefer Mitrovic? We're limited whoever's in tbf.

Sorry for asking a question, like. Even if Gayle can't run I'd still prefer him to Joselu rn.

Joselu's last chance? Needs a good game today to keep his place.

I've got very little confidence in any of our strikers but both him and Perez are due a goal if only due to probability. They've missed enough, sooner or later one of them's got to go in.

Guest firetotheworks

Diame for you?

Sorry for asking a question, like. Even if Gayle can't run I'd still prefer him to Joselu rn.

I wasn't having a go, just making a point that it doesn't always mean the alternative is preferable.

The shit Joselu is getting after one shit game is a bit over the top.

Mitrovic was never going to play after a 3 game ban and and hardly any minutes this season. Gayle has offered nothing since January.

I've got very little confidence in any of our strikers but both him and Perez are due a goal if only due to probability. They've missed enough, sooner or later one of them's got to go in.

Perez hasn't missed much. He's not getting into the positions to miss

Perez hasn't missed much. He's not getting into the positions to miss

That's probably a bigger problem than missing chances though tbh.