Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 01/10/17 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

This game will be good to benchmark where we are at. 2 defeats by teams we came up with away don't tell us that much really and we have played pretty well in the other 4 games.

I expect us to nullify as usual but think we will get at them from set pieces and crosses when we get the chance.

I hope he plays Gayle from the start as we need to try and get him scoring, but that means we need Shelvey in as well alongside Merino

Wisdom from Merson ahead of this game.

Liverpool could have won 10-1 in the Champions league after the chances they created the other night. With the attacking talent at their disposal they will always create chances and at St James' Park I don't see it being any different. Newcastle, backed by their home crowd will also go for it which could play into Jurgen Klopp's hands. I did initially write down 3-0 to Liverpool but I'm going to have to change my mind to 3-1 because I don't trust Liverpool at the back. However Liverpool are class going forward and I'd be shocked if Newcastle coped with them.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-3 (12/1 with Sky Bet)

Let's have a closer look at this.

Newcastle, backed by their home crowd will also go for it which could play into Jurgen Klopp's hands.

He's obviously either not watched us this season once, trying to perpetuate the myth about Newcastle fans that "wa luv and wa damand attakin futbal lyk". Or both.

I'd be shocked if Newcastle coped with them.

We coped just fine vs Spurs before the red card, and that's how we'll approach this.

Also funny how he said before we played Brighton that the amount of points we have right now is what we should've had given our start in terms of fixtures, despite the fact he's predicted us so far to draw 2 games and lose all the rest. Relentless cokehead mong.

Wisdom from Merson ahead of this game.

Liverpool could have won 10-1 in the Champions league after the chances they created the other night. With the attacking talent at their disposal they will always create chances and at St James' Park I don't see it being any different. Newcastle, backed by their home crowd will also go for it which could play into Jurgen Klopp's hands. I did initially write down 3-0 to Liverpool but I'm going to have to change my mind to 3-1 because I don't trust Liverpool at the back. However Liverpool are class going forward and I'd be shocked if Newcastle coped with them.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-3 (12/1 with Sky Bet)

Let's have a closer look at this.

Newcastle, backed by their home crowd will also go for it which could play into Jurgen Klopp's hands.

He's obviously either not watched us this season once, trying to perpetuate the myth about Newcastle fans that "wa luv and wa damand attakin futbal lyk". Or both.

I'd be shocked if Newcastle coped with them.

We coped just fine vs Spurs before the red card, and that's how we'll approach this.

Also funny how he said before we played Brighton that the amount of points we have right now is what we should've had given our start in terms of fixtures, despite the fact he's predicted us so far to draw 2 games and lose all the rest. Relentless cokehead mong.

He’s got something against us and I can’t work out why.

Merson's brain probably resembles a melted cabbage. Who cares what he says.

In Merson's mind, it must be possible to win "10-1" with six shots on target.

Not wanting to jinx it, but we've only conceded five goals, joint fourth fewest. We are yet to concede in the first half of a game. That is some admirable "coping".

Honestly I just hope this is a good game. A point would be a good result here because they've got some firepower. I just want us to have a real go at them, on the counter attack if needs must. Looking forward to it a lot, wish I was going.

Merson's brain probably resembles a melted cabbage. Who cares what he says.

In Merson's mind, it must be possible to win "10-1" with six shots on target.

Not wanting to jinx it, but we've only conceded five goals, joint fourth fewest. We are yet to concede in the first half of a game. That is some admirable "coping".

We played nobody yet, marra.

4.30?!

Showing both the Arsenal and Everton games before us.

Aye, just looking at the KO times.  Sure they used to just do them at 12, 2 and 4 on the occasions there were 3 on a Sunday.

It's because of the golf at Close House which Sky are not only broadcasting but sponsoring.

The organisers weren't happy with the match and final holes of the golf clashing so the tee times on Sunday have also been brought forward.

Really pisses me off the total bias to the so called top 6. Just on Sky sports news reviewing the game and not one mention about Newcastle the whole review was about the Liverpool team and the formations they should play. It's as if the rest of the league don't exist.

Would like to see Aarons up against their god awful full backs

I'd like to see more of him, not sure why he doesn't seem to be getting a look in.

It is a bit strange. Even watching him in the warmup his ability is streets ahead of most of our players.

In the last two under 23s games he's played in he hasn't impressed.

With the caveat that Rafa, the coaching staff, probably most of the population (including primary schools),  know better than me... I really like the look of Aarons. His aggression/desire, will to take a man on, technical skill with the ball, speed. I could go on and often do, but in short he looks like he could/should be a top class player. Surely, this is his year? And given their frailties, this could be his game to prove it.

You have to trust Rafa in regards to the Aarons thing. He not only sees him regularly in training, he also will have watched carefully his good display against Notts Forest. For him to still not give him a run out after that suggests to me he is lacking something to start matches. I think the best he can be for us this season is an impact sub, with Ritchie and Atsu seemingly streets ahead of him in terms of starting a game and staying disciplined to the managers instructions.