Newcastle United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 - Post-match reaction from pg23

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

How much more can goals from corners save us?

But, but, but Souness said we can't rely on headers from corners. We need a 20 goal a season striker.

Such a player would probably guarantee top 6!

Guest firetotheworks

I'm pretty sure its only 3 scored from corners

Exactly. We went four years without any under Pardew, we start getting the amount we should and people start thinking we're Pulis era Stoke. [emoji38]

I don't think this was some Rafa masterclass like :lol:

It was 2 teams with no strikers playing against against each other.

It was two teams with tactics that cancelled each other out and neither manager willing to take a risk to win it. Always going to be settled by a set piece.

This tactics cancelling each other out stuff only goes so far like. Both teams were alarmingly poor on the ball. It was basically only Townsend and Zaha who looked like they'd kicked a ball before.

Primarily because there was no space, due to how both teams were set up.

I don't see what this tactical yin and yang craic has to do with Palace not having any strikers and Joselu being poor like. There was a lack of quality throughout both sides and it's highlighted best of all up front. When Townsend and Zaha got on the ball the game threatened to burst into life but that was about it.

Have you been listening to a load of footy podcasts or something recently?

Guest firetotheworks

Perez was utterly wank, Diame actually did well when he came on.

:thup: Not dissimilar to the majority of last season. We needed better then, we desperately need better now, arguably more than a striker tbh.

I don't think this was some Rafa masterclass like :lol:

It was 2 teams with no strikers playing against against each other.

It was two teams with tactics that cancelled each other out and neither manager willing to take a risk to win it. Always going to be settled by a set piece.

This tactics cancelling each other out stuff only goes so far like. Both teams were alarmingly poor on the ball. It was basically only Townsend and Zaha who looked like they'd kicked a ball before.

Primarily because there was no space, due to how both teams were set up.

I don't see what this tactical yin and yang craic has to do with Palace not having any strikers and Joselu being poor like. There was a lack of quality throughout both sides and it's highlighted best of all up front. When Townsend and Zaha got on the ball the game threatened to burst into life but that was about it.

Have you been listening to a load of footy podcasts or something recently?

No i don't do podcasts.

That would be fine if Joselu had missed a load of chances but he barely had the ball in the final third, that wasn't all his doing, that was because of how the rest of the team failed to function.

I'm pretty sure its only 3 scored from corners

Exactly. We went four years without any under Pardew, we start getting the amount we should and people start thinking we're Pulis era Stoke. [emoji38]

Scored from 25 set pieces last season apparently. Sounds like a lot but don't have anyone to compare it to