Newcastle United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 - Post-match reaction from pg23

Greg

Subs changed the game, Diame was noticeably better than Perez, Merino was sloppy by his standards but gave us forward momentum and got the goal, and Mitrovic put himself about a bit. They got tired from all the pressing and started dropping off.

They tried hard but I don't think a win is a particularly unfair result. Elliot had fuck all to do.

Guest Howaythetoon

As poor as the performance seems to have been, it doesn't bother me because this is what Rafa is capable of, making the changes to change a draw onto a win. Clean sheet as well.

Subs changed the game, Diame was noticeably better than Perez, Merino was sloppy by his standards but gave us forward momentum and got the goal, and Mitrovic put himself about a bit. They got tired from all the pressing and started dropping off.

They tried hard but I don't think a win is a particularly unfair result. Elliot had f*** all to do.

Aye the subs. Atsu on the right hand side helped too.

Guest firetotheworks

I saw worse matches last week and the week before tbh. Man United Liverpool and England whoever they were playing.

As poor as the performance seems to have been, it doesn't bother me because this is what Rafa is capable of, making the changes to change a draw onto a win. Clean sheet as well.

Aye, Merino and Diame both had a clear impact. As did Atsu and Ritchie switching wings. Would like to see some of those changes applied for the next game tbh.

It wasn't a good game and we didn't play well for long, but we asked more questions in the second half and did well to finally break down their banks of four. Props to Diame, fucking great game from him.

I was cursing Merino literally seconds before the goal; easily his worst game then BOOM.