Newcastle United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 - Post-match reaction from pg23

Greg

He does not really trust any of our forwards IMO. They are simply not vokd enough. Get a top striker and No.10 and I can see ua being more progressive. He is getting the back sorted which has been shocking for years. Solid fiundations and all that.

IF, we are bought and he is given money a class striker, no 10 and decent goalie will be high on his list.

Woah guys, I'm not arguing for 'toe to toe' (Greg) or an 'open game' (TRon), I was trying to say maybe we could mix it up a bit rather than waiting for the last 10 minutes.

Football matches tend to ebb and flow, could Rafa not give signals when to push and when to settle?

I'm sure he does. We scored in the first half against West Ham, Stoke, Liverpool and Southampton you know?

I think today, against a team where we can't counter - we're not really good enough to open them up so Rafa doesn't want to leave us open.

Absolutely nothing better than playing shit and still winning.

Build a bit of momentum, aim for about 25 points by Christmas and push on by signing a top striker and a 10 and lets see where we end up. Happy days.

Guest neesy111

Mitro's cameo was pretty terrible.  Almost give away goal with one of his first touches, and then comically stayed down after being hit with the ball.

Mitro's cameo was pretty terrible.  Almost give away goal with one of his first touches, and then comically stayed down after being hit with the ball.

It was rifled at it him full pelt from about 3 yards ffs, obviously winded him.

8MQeP7n.jpg

Commentator said it was out of character for Cabaye.

Was it f***, he was always getting snide yellow cards for rash challenges and generally acting like a little petulant c*** on the pitch.

Only brave when he's trying to deck ballboys.

That was as poor as I've seen us this season I think, passing was the worst it has been - it seemed like nerves but how could it have been?

Love Rafa but I do think he's too cautious, his gameplan seems to be all about shape and drilled movement. Which is fine until you come up against a team that get two goals in the first half and you have a mountain to climb.

Every game you see we finish strongly, could we not lossen the shackles in waves - at unexpected moments. If we are so capable of pushing for a win why not surprise an opponent and do it more often that just the last 10 or 15 minutes of a game.

In retrospect I think it made some sense against Palace. Townsend and Zaha up front would be a nightmare to play against for Lascelles and Lejune (neither that quick) if we allowed them any space at the back. But they'll do fuck all unless they have that space. Neither are going to score a header unless someone really cocks up. We grinded them down and nicked a goal at the end.

Quick scan of Palace forums. Nice to see they're a humble bunch of fans :lol:. Good riddance.

:lol: go on..

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=105&fid=1

They come across as a typical set of fans of a s*** club who have hung around the top league doing basically f*** all for a few years so they can't understand losing to a newly promoted team, doesn't compute. "But this time last year, they were a championship team and we're a PL team, how did we lose!!??". Bit like Stoke and others. They feel like they're an established part of the top division and they just disgracefully lost to those deluded yo-yo jawdies. A few years in the league below will do the daft c***s some good.

Spot on.

We shouldn't be surprised though, these are the cunts who were too ignorant to listen to our warnings about Pardew and then tried to take the piss when they had their predicted decent honeymoon period under him.  They called us deluded and fickle for wanting him out after 4 years, yet they wanted rid of him after less than 2. 

Morons, i'll be glad to see the back of them ?