Burnley vs. Newcastle United - 30/10/17 @ 8pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I don't expect Mitro to start any games for us again particularly away from home. He's shown he can't be trusted, plus he is more effective coming of the bench. Unfortunately that means we are stuck with Joselu who is a worse player, because Gayle hasn't shown anything to suggest he should start either.

Joselu is a better football than Mitrovic imo. Our style of play doesn’t suit either of them mind.

Too bad Gayle still hasn’t recovered mentally from his injury last season.

He's technically better I agree, but he's a training ground champion IMO. He's got worse every game he's played, and his finishing goes to shit under pressure. Mitro's got more self belief, and I think that counts for a lot playing for a club like Newcastle.

On the game itself, I think we might lose this 1-0. Two well drilled sides, but I think our back four has more potential for errors.

He's in the team for the same reason as Ayoze. Other options aren't as intelligent and hard working as they are. You say "training ground champion", Rafa says team player. Missing a chance here or there is not that important in the big picture.

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/football/premier-league/why-joselu%E2%80%99s-poor-goal-return-won%E2%80%99t-concern-rafa-benitez-just-yet-1.955264

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-can-read-comments-rafa-13827888

That Unibet link is the most nothing article I've read in a while like. Joselu might somehow get better but there's been no signs of it happening the past few games.

Rafa would obviously prefer to have a striker who can score goals on the books.

Think the main point from that article is that Rafa looks at much more than some missed scoring chances when picking the team. Well obviously we all do, but Rafa probably values defensive performance and intelligence much higher than the average football fan when looking at strikers.

And yeah, obviously he would want a better striker. I'm just saying that's clearly what's behind the pecking order right now.

"It is in studying Benitez’s time at Valencia, however, that we begin to see the potential rationale behind signing a player like Joselu."

Because he got fucked over with Abraham and Lucas Perez. I just don't think Joselu's performances upfront can be dressed up at all tbh, if he doesn't start scoring or at the very least making himself a nuisance up top then I cannot see the point of him in that role. Basically any footballer with decent stamina and a half good touch could do the job he's done recently.

I don't expect Mitro to start any games for us again particularly away from home. He's shown he can't be trusted, plus he is more effective coming of the bench. Unfortunately that means we are stuck with Joselu who is a worse player, because Gayle hasn't shown anything to suggest he should start either.

Joselu is a better football than Mitrovic imo. Our style of play doesn’t suit either of them mind.

Too bad Gayle still hasn’t recovered mentally from his injury last season.

He's technically better I agree, but he's a training ground champion IMO. He's got worse every game he's played, and his finishing goes to shit under pressure. Mitro's got more self belief, and I think that counts for a lot playing for a club like Newcastle.

On the game itself, I think we might lose this 1-0. Two well drilled sides, but I think our back four has more potential for errors.

He's in the team for the same reason as Ayoze. Other options aren't as intelligent and hard working as they are. You say "training ground champion", Rafa says team player. Missing a chance here or there is not that important in the big picture.

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/football/premier-league/why-joselu%E2%80%99s-poor-goal-return-won%E2%80%99t-concern-rafa-benitez-just-yet-1.955264

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-can-read-comments-rafa-13827888

I read Rafa's interview, but I think there was a bit of confidence boosting going on there for Joselu. What else can Rafa say when he's had to buy a striker for £5m? He probably figures Mitro's not a great finisher either so stick with the one who does the rest according to instruction.

Going to have to cross my fingers and hope that the Delta flight I'm on either a) has satellite tv and NBCSN, i think it does? or b) it has the stronger wi-fi and i can stream this on the plane.

Pumped though, really hope we take 3 points tonight.

The Delta flight I was on yesterday had all the sports channels but, none of them were working...  I hope yours does!  The wifi was weak, it barely sent a whatssapp message...  I didn't pay for it though, just took the free service, maybe if you pay it works better?

I have a work meeting that should be finished by 4pm Eastern time and so I should be able to catch most of the match over here in the good ol' US of A....

:thup: good shout, will be nervously sitting on my plane hoping it works the minute i sit down ffs :lol:

It only starts to work when they switch the entertainment system on, the little WiFi indicator above your head will light up blue once it is all on.  You can charge your device through the USB as well - which is useful!

At worst you can follow the match on the FTB (90 mins) app or even maybe here....

Going to have to cross my fingers and hope that the Delta flight I'm on either a) has satellite tv and NBCSN, i think it does? or b) it has the stronger wi-fi and i can stream this on the plane.

Pumped though, really hope we take 3 points tonight.

The Delta flight I was on yesterday had all the sports channels but, none of them were working...  I hope yours does!  The wifi was weak, it barely sent a whatssapp message...  I didn't pay for it though, just took the free service, maybe if you pay it works better?

I have a work meeting that should be finished by 4pm Eastern time and so I should be able to catch most of the match over here in the good ol' US of A....

:thup: good shout, will be nervously sitting on my plane hoping it works the minute i sit down ffs :lol:

It only starts to work when they switch the entertainment system on, the little WiFi indicator above your head will light up blue once it is all on.  You can charge your device through the USB as well - which is useful!

At worst you can follow the match on the FTB (90 mins) app or even maybe here....

Aye, especially if you want a positive, upbeat analysis of how things are going :lol:

Ah man, I have tried to follow a game on here in the past and it is difficult, people react to things in different ways....  it is really hard to get a true perspective..

I think I would rather just wait until I could get the result at the end rather than try to follow in a dodgy wifi on a plane....

Haha.

I'd go with:

Elliot

Yedlin  Lascelles  Lejune  Mbemba

Shelvey    Merino

Ritchie          Diame          Atsu

Mitrovic

I'd go with:

Elliot

Yedlin  Lascelles  Lejune  Mbemba

Shelvey    Merino

Ritchie          Diame          Atsu

Mitrovic

I'd also go with this for tonight.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll batter them. Break the Monday night hoodoo and score at least 3. Fuck it - clean sheet as well, and everyone gets blozzers.

Edit - not off'f me.

I'd like Mitro to be at least on the bench, but I don't think Burnley are a team you batter. Their defenders are all "body on the line" types. It'll be good delivery from Jonjo or Ritchie or guile/pace from someone that opens them up.

Fuck sake, forgot the clocks have gone back to make this a 12am kickoff where I am :anguish:

Would a 1am kick off have been better for you?

:lol:

Was 3 hours ahead, now 4 hours. Made me check though :lol: