Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interestingly (or not) a couple of posters on Rawk have been convinced that the clubs already sold.

Posted at 2pm yesterday by N11RED: "Sold to the Arabs via PCP, done deal over the weekend. Game changer for them." Guessing or not, the timing is interesting.

Also, on 2nd November Anfield Red posted: "My friend a fellow Labour member is the uncle of Jamaal Lascelles and Jamaal has been informed that the club has been sold." followed by this yesterday: "Yep this was 'done' a while ago but they had to follow the process."

Now probably bollocks but they seemed convinced well before this news of a bid has broken.

I know Paully posts on there, not sure if he's heard any other rumours?

There's too much guess work going on and a lot of journalists trying to hit and hope imo. I've no doubt some of the journalists know bits and pieces but I don't think they know anything massively significant. As for people on forums and stuff, I'm not even entertaining that stuff.

what's being said right now on SSN? Can't properly hear it. In a crowded place.

basic gist of it is he thinks 300m is undervaluing the club (380m is what he thinks) and the potential relegation clauses are very unusual and thinks it unlikely that Ashley would accept them, both smart business people and nufc great prospect to buy

basic gist of it is he thinks 300m is undervaluing the club (380m is what he thinks) and the potential relegation clauses are very unusual and thinks it unlikely that Ashley would accept them, both smart business people and nufc great prospect to buy

Relegation clauses probably wouldn't even come into it if the useless cunt hadn't mis-managed the club so much.

I’d imagine the relegation clause only covers this season or any unlikely consequences from the HMRC investigation.

To a degree they have little or no control over this season as you’re passed halfway come January but it’s firmly in their gift to prevent in subsequent seasons unless there are any FA sanctions due to the HMRC stuff. All seems fair enough really

Not surprised at all that PCP wouldn't want to pay Ashley a handsome profit for running the club bare bones, weak below average playing squad, dated facilities, poor commercial deals free advertising and control of merchandising to SD.

Not in front of a TV. Who is he ?

Am I the only one that thinks PCP are taking the piss a bit with the relegation clause?

They’d have a full transfer window and half a season to avoid relegation, when we’re currently 11th. I could understand it if this deal was being completed in February or March, but it seems a bit cheeky imo.

I know we’re in this situation due to MA’s own failings, but we’re doing okay at present and PCP should be able to do enough in their time to ensure that relegation isn’t a probability.

They’ll probably drop the clause and were just trying their luck but I can understand why MA is unimpressed with it.

Am I the only one that thinks PCP are taking the piss a bit with the relegation clause?

They’d have a full transfer window and half a season to avoid relegation, when we’re currently 11th. I could understand it if this deal was being completed in February or March, but it seems a bit cheeky imo.

I know we’re in this situation due to MA’s own failings, but we’re doing okay at present and PCP should be able to do enough in their time to ensure that relegation isn’t a probability.

They’ll probably drop the clause and were just trying their luck but I can understand why MA is unimpressed with it.

Naa i was going off on one erlier. But was commented down as overreacting.

Its rumours of itk so until theres enough evidence i cant be arsed.

The relegation and champs leage clauses are laughable.

He wont negotiate a deal involving him being out of pocket at any given time.

I don't think they are.

Mike Ashley is selling a football club that has an average squad of players by Premier League standards. That's all because of his lack of proper investment. I think it's fair for them to use that as a negotiating tool.