Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If £250m is the most they're willing to bid, they're stupid. Hopefully it's rubbish, although it's normally safe to assume the bad news are true at this club.

I think it is tbh. Respected NE journalists have said otherwise and not commented on that piece/story. The contradiction of the headline in the piece. The fact that the piece isn't on the Times website. Again, it might be straw clutching, but I reckon it's bollocks.

The applying of Murphy's Law to everything NUFC gets a bit boring for me. I want to have hope. There's nothing out there concrete to suggest this won't happen, the vast majority of things points towards it happening. Just not in time for next month, when we need it to.

Don't see what difference it makes but it's here: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/mike-ashley-given-two-weeks-to-accept-offer-for-newcastle-united-zt7x8m52h

The fact it's on their back page gives it more credence than a web article anyway IMO.

If £250m is the most they're willing to bid, they're stupid. Hopefully it's rubbish, although it's normally safe to assume the bad news are true at this club.

I think it is tbh. Respected NE journalists have said otherwise and not commented on that piece/story. The contradiction of the headline in the piece. The fact that the piece isn't on the Times website. Again, it might be straw clutching, but I reckon it's bollocks.

The applying of Murphy's Law to everything NUFC gets a bit boring for me. I want to have hope. There's nothing out there concrete to suggest this won't happen, the vast majority of things points towards it happening. Just not in time for next month, when we need it to.

Don't see what difference it makes but it's here: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/mike-ashley-given-two-weeks-to-accept-offer-for-newcastle-united-zt7x8m52h

The fact it's on their back page gives it more credence than a web article anyway IMO.

Now they put it on. Still, other things I said I stand by.

If I'm wrong, I'll hoist with my own petard of hope then.

If that's the only offer then I reckon he'll gamble on staying up and stick the club back up for sale in summer. Maybe.

If that is the case then why wouldn’t PCP just agree a deal now to takeover at the end of the season, subject to us staying up?

There are a hundred and one scenarios that could play out, we’ll hear something concrete soon though.

I guess if he sells now he also gets to walk away with any cash that is paid to the club as part of the TV payments and other revenue as it’s his. God knows how much that is but if you say hypothetically it’s 40m that takes the walk away value to 290m, coupled to the fact he won’t have to spend 20m or so in January. Not beyond the realms of possibility that he would still consider taking the money and running. It wouldn’t surprise me if the final amount was undisclosed so he could at least save face. I’d say it’s unlikely he would take any less than he’s put in with an uplift for interest.....

If that's the only offer then I reckon he'll gamble on staying up and stick the club back up for sale in summer. Maybe.

If that is the case then why wouldn’t PCP just agree a deal now to takeover at the end of the season, subject to us staying up?

There are a hundred and one scenarios that could play out, we’ll hear something concrete soon though.

Because they don't want to pay what he wants for a premier league NUFC. Their best bargaining is that we could be relegated so not worth the 350/400m.

But yes, all just guess work. However, if this 250m is true, then I think they're undervaluing the club.

Because they don't want to pay what he wants for a premier league NUFC. Their best bargaining is that we could be relegated so not worth the 350/400m.

But yes, all just guess work. However, if this 250m is true, then I think they're undervaluing the club.

Considering the HMRC investigation, and the genuine fears of relegation, I can understand them not wanting to pay more. If the club was so undervalued you would expect there to be competition to buy it. PCP are the only realistic buyers so I think it will get shelved for now and we might get a deal in the summer for more....assuming PCP's backers haven't got bored and changed their minds.

I don’t I think that’s a releastic rate for a club in our current position and the quality of players currently there. It will take an absolute fortune to put the club in a position to challenge, the very real possibility of relegation and the HMRC case. Don’t think it will matter anyway as fat cunt won’t change his asking price and PCP won’t pay and will move on to another club

The reason why Ashley wants to sell now is to transfer the risk of relegation to the next owner.  He doesn't want to inject any more cash to the club so relegation is very likely, he knew that.  So he wants to sell high and force the next owner to spend the money for investment themselves, whilst he can recoup most of his investments back, if not at profit.

The relegation clause obviously hit him fucking hard and he didn't want to accept the risk back to himself. And now Amanda basically tell him fine this is the offer if you want us to assume the relegation risk, 250m, nothing more.

This really looks like the last offer to me. Fuck it.

He doesn't want to sell, though. Just an overture to try to appease fans again, just like every stunt he's pulled in the last 10 years. The fact that someone actually came in and done some due diligence wasn't expected I'd imagine.

I'll believe it when I see it, until then why bother getting hopes up.

Can Ashley afford to take another hit that relegation world bring? Bare in mind he’s a asset stripped the club of commercial revenue. No TV money means he and the club are fucked. Maybe it’s the only way to get him out though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can Ashley afford to take another hit that relegation world bring? Bare in mind he’s a asset stripped the club of commercial revenue. No TV money means he and the club are f***ed. Maybe it’s the only way to get him out though?

We don't have £80m of players to flog but on the plus side, I doubt many of this squad could find much better after a relegation and we'd still come back up.

Right out of the Ashley playbook* this saga. I'm all but resigned to him keeping the club for the foreseeable future now. The big problem is the club is worth far more to Ashley in terms of free advertising than it is to any prospective buyer based on a cold hard analysis of our assets and financial situation. TV revenue is going up, we've gone up twice after being relegated before and Ashley is making millions on the back of the SD exposure, so there is no pressure on him to sell as much as people want to convince themselves that this is his only chance to get his money back. If he keeps hold of the club for the next decade and runs it as he has done to date he will have made a lot more money out of it (indirectly) in the meantime and by then the club will be worth far more just by virtue of the seemingly ever increasing TV revenue. We're fucked unless PCP (or another buyer) can come to an agreement on price that makes it worth his while to sell up, and I doubt a one-off payment of 250m is anywhere near it.

* http://ashleyout.com/myths/ashley-wants-out-no-buyers/

Can Ashley afford to take another hit that relegation world bring? Bare in mind he’s a asset stripped the club of commercial revenue. No TV money means he and the club are f***ed. Maybe it’s the only way to get him out though?

His ideal plan is to spend nth, get some idiot to pay the full price for a prem club, and escape from the relegation fight.  The fact that only PCP submitted an offer, with relegation risk considered, means his plan doesn't work. Once this news broke out, together with our recent bad run, means even if there are other parties interested in buying us, the offer would likely be around 250m.

Now it's either the fat cunt accept the defeat and sold us for 250m, or he takes a gamble again and spend nth (or tiny, say 5m) and try to trick Rafa again that the club will be sold coming summer. 

I could see Rafa simply say fuck you and quit in January.

Right out of the Ashley playbook* this saga. I'm all but resigned to him keeping the club for the foreseeable future now. The big problem is the club is worth far more to Ashley in terms of free advertising than it is to any prospective buyer based on a cold hard analysis of our assets and financial situation. TV revenue is going up, we've gone up twice after being relegated before and Ashley is making millions on the back of the SD exposure, so there is no pressure on him to sell as much as people want to convince themselves that this is his only chance to get his money back. If he keeps hold of the club for the next decade and runs it as he has done to date he will have made a lot more money out of it (indirectly) in the meantime and by then the club will be worth far more just by virtue of the seemingly ever increasing TV revenue. We're fucked unless PCP (or another buyer) can come to an agreement on price that makes it worth his while to sell up, and I doubt a one-off payment of 250m is anywhere near it.

* http://ashleyout.com/myths/ashley-wants-out-no-buyers/

If he keeps us and keeps running us like he has done then the club will be worth nowhere what it is now (even at a £250m valuation) as we will go back down, and even the Championship is becoming expensive and hard to compete in. The TV money won’t come, and the SD exposure will decrease, and the fans will have had enough.

IF £250m was their final offer it makes me wonder how serious they are and what their intentions would be if they were somehow successful with the bid. The club will need significant investment after being bought, not another one trying to do things on the cheap.

Firstly, £250m is a serious amount of money, so you don't make binding offers of that magnitude unless you mean business. Nor do you hire top law firms and their billing rates for a project you're not serious about.

And then why would a lower offer suggest less money to invest in the business? If anything, it means there should be more, on the basis that the buyers will have an overall investment in mind, part of which will be the purchase price for the club.

PCP are offering a guy who bought a business for a bit of fun, who by his own admission fucked things up and 'lost his money' the chance to recoup his initial investment pound-for-pound. I don't think that sounds particularly unreasonable.