Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's a canny amount of entitlement in this tread. Why should they just stump up another 50m if they don't think it's worth it? What if the investment group don't want to invest that extra vast amount of money in the club due to the fact we've a decent chance of getting relegated?

Until they buy the club, they don't owe us anything and they have no responsibility. Ashley, as ever, is the person in the position to f*** us over.

This.

Entitlement is not the right word mind

Agree, but I’m feeling lazy. The general point is right — they owe us nothing and their offers are not indicative of anything that would happen if they did own us in the future. This is a business transaction.

One thing that people seen to be forgetting is that Ashley loves trolling us supporters, because he genuinely hates us. When you are a billionaire like him, he has 50000+ people in pocket, who’s weekend or season he can destroy on a whim. Now that’s power - to a sociopath like him. Sell NUFC, how else will he get the fix he has become used to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes no financial sense whatsoever for him. All the bloke cares about is money, don't get this narrative of him being aroused by annoying the fans. The bloke is just thick as fuck when it comes to football, and looks to do things  (things being PL survival and nothing more) the most cost effective way. He won't be willing to lose £125m+ of value on the club trebled with the loss of the most prized asset the club has in the manager and the PL TV money, just to upset the fans.

One thing that people seen to be forgetting is that Ashley loves trolling us supporters, because he genuinely hates us. When you are a billionaire like him, he has 50000+ people in pocket, who’s weekend or season he can destroy on a whim. Now that’s power - to a sociopath like him. Sell NUFC, how else will he get the fix he has become used to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes no financial sense whatsoever for him. All the bloke cares about is money, don't get this narrative of him being aroused by annoying the fans. The bloke is just thick as fuck when it comes to football, and looks to do things  (things being PL survival and nothing more) the most cost effective way. He won't be willing to lose £125m+ of value on the club trebled with the loss of the most prized asset the club has in the manager and the PL TV money, just to upset the fans.

What would surprise me is if after publicly letting everyone know he'd 'drop the price' to £380m from £400m he then goes and accepts a sub £300m offer. Fail to see how his ego could allow that.

The offer, if reports are accurate, doesn't reflect brilliantly on PCP imho.

If they're low-balling on day 1, what kind of owners will they be?

I can't think of any serious businessmen who would just hand over and extra £50-100m to get the deal done. My worry is that these people aren't Newcastle fans, and they might think they can use that money to buy a different club and build that. Someone mentioned West Ham for instance,  I could see the appeal there for foreign owners.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11157314/amanda-staveleys-250m-newcastle-bid-needs-significant-progress-to-succeed

Amanda Staveley's present £250m offer to buy Newcastle needs to make significant progress in the next seven working days if it is to stand a chance of succeeding, Sky Sports News understands.

Sources close to the deal have told Sky Sports News that reports Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has been given a two-week deadline to accept PCP Capital Partners' offer are inaccurate.

Sky Sports News understands any agreement this week would not be concluded until the second or third week of January at the earliest, partly because any deal needs Premier League ratification.

PCP's present bid is based on them being able to carry out significant business in the January transfer window.

Sky Sports News understands Ashley values Newcastle at £380m having bought the club for £134m in 2007.

He has been aware of the PCP bid for three weeks, but to date has found it unacceptable.

I think its telling that no denial has came from that lawyer chap since the 'leaked' bid nearly three weeks ago.

Absolute silence. 

I still believe its all going on behind the scenes and ultimately will end in one of two ways...we get bought out, or we don't.  Until that point anything thats being speculated in the press is simply that.

If the buyers are haggling over £250m-£300m, logic states they won't be splurging vast sums a la Man City come January. As investors, all purchases are likely to follow a similar model to Ashley, where players can potentially grow their value, or could increase the club's value through on-field results. Don't get me wrong I think anything is probably better than Ashley, but I'm not that convinced an investment firm or conglomerate is going to catapult our club up to the Champions League places any time soon.

Logic doesn't state that at all tbh

Agreed. They aren't spending £250+ in the first place to not invest, because that's the only way they can make this work in the longer-term.

Just because they aren't prepared to spend money they don't need to, doesn't mean they won't spend where it's needed.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11157314/amanda-staveleys-250m-newcastle-bid-needs-significant-progress-to-succeed

Amanda Staveley's present £250m offer to buy Newcastle needs to make significant progress in the next seven working days if it is to stand a chance of succeeding in time for the January transfer window, Sky Sports News understands.

Sources close to the deal have told Sky Sports News that reports Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has been given a two-week deadline to accept PCP Capital Partners' offer are inaccurate.

Sky Sports News understands any agreement this week would not be concluded until the second or third week of January at the earliest, partly because any deal needs Premier League ratification.

PCP's present bid is based on them being able to carry out significant business in the January transfer window.

Sky Sports News understands Ashley values Newcastle at £380m having bought the club for £134m in 2007.

He has been aware of the PCP bid for three weeks, but to date has found it unacceptable.

Fixed it.

I think its telling that no denial has came from that lawyer chap since the 'leaked' bid nearly three weeks ago.

Absolute silence. 

I still believe its all going on behind the scenes and ultimately will end in one of two ways...we get bought out, or we don't.  Until that point anything thats being speculated in the press is simply that.

Bold claim that, like.

I always thought that Ashley was never really that arsed about selling the club unless he got a daft amount of money. If you really want to sell, you would sell at the price a buyer was willing to pay for it providing you weren't losing money. Ashley has done well out of Newcastle, if he got £250m tomorrow, he'd have walked away having done very well for himself and his shitty sports clothes firm.

I don't agree at all with those who say the PCP bid is too low. The club is worth what it's worth, if no one else will pay more, then £250m is the only meaningful valuation. If Ashley would rather keep it, then he clearly doesn't want to sell.

It's not impossible for them to provide funding at the start of January if the deal is only awaiting PL ratification, but any contingent loan structure could only be done with Ashley's consent.

Absolute silence. 

Bold claim that, like.

:lol: :lol:

I always thought that Ashley was never really that arsed about selling the club unless he got a daft amount of money. If you really want to sell, you would sell at the price a buyer was willing to pay for it providing you weren't losing money. Ashley has done well out of Newcastle, if he got £250m tomorrow, he'd have walked away having done very well for himself and his shitty sports clothes firm.

I don't agree at all with those who say the PCP bid is too low. The club is worth what it's worth, if no one else will pay more, then £250m is the only meaningful valuation. If Ashley would rather keep it, then he clearly doesn't want to sell.

Yeah I’ve got the same mindset

Yeah I’ve got the same mindset

Same here. It all hinges on Ashleys intentions, which isn't very reassuring tbh.

There's a canny amount of entitlement in this tread. Why should they just stump up another 50m if they don't think it's worth it? What if the investment group don't want to invest that extra vast amount of money in the club due to the fact we've a decent chance of getting relegated?

Until they buy the club, they don't owe us anything and they have no responsibility. Ashley, as ever, is the person in the position to f*** us over.

This.

Agree, but I’m feeling lazy. The general point is right — they owe us nothing and their offers are not indicative of anything that would happen if they did own us in the future. This is a business transaction.

Here, :lol: it's the right word for what I'm trying to say... I feel like statements like:

Just offer him £300m and stop jeopardising the future of the club. It's no different to low balling to sign players then running out of time as the window closes.

Sounds like frying pan in to the fire. £300m is more than fair offer and you wouldn't need clauses if you've got the window to make changes goes in.

Are pretty entitled, like they owe us something. Entitlement is feeling like you have a 'right' to something or that you are owed, right? Seems the right word to me.

This.

Here, :lol: it's the right word for what I'm trying to say... I feel like statements like:

Just offer him £300m and stop jeopardising the future of the club. It's no different to low balling to sign players then running out of time as the window closes.

Sounds like frying pan in to the fire. £300m is more than fair offer and you wouldn't need clauses if you've got the window to make changes goes in.

Are pretty entitled, like they owe us something. Entitlement is feeling like you have a 'right' to something or that you are owed, right? Seems the right word to me.

Ashley, in buying a club of our stature, owes us (the fans, the city, the region) a competitively run club. His time here has, in terms of progress made, been a disaster. A takeover from someone willing to run the club in the right way would be a corrective to the penny-pinching, corrosive, and at times downright offensive (changing the name of the stadium, the huge SD advert on the Gallowgate roof, etc.) way the club has been run in recent years. We *are* owed more than we're getting - for the continued level of support under his manky stewardship if nothing else.

Entitlement... What a gigantic fanny  :lol:

The bid will do more harm than good if it rattles on in to Jan with our hands tied, especially if it falls through.

What a way to try and start your tenure.

Entitlement  :lol: :lol: