Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think I'll ever have it in me to not bother with Newcastle, which is sad in a way because without getting all emo about it, it's an abusive relationship that almost every person in my position gets almost no pleasure from whatsoever. The whole giving money to the club side of things ended in 2013 though, and hopefully more people will follow suit with that regard.

He has made me hate Football. Fat horrible c***

I don't watch football anymore.  He's just sucked all the joy out of it.  I guess this makes me a bad fan or whatever, but... nah, just not worth it.

Totally agree with you. Get absolutely no joy out of watching football anymore and that is thanks to the last 10 years of watching us.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I used to love watching loads of football, be it the football league, serie a, la liga or whatever was on. Over the last 10 years it does feel like my love of football has just been beaten to a pulp and it feels like a chore to watch anything now. Too much of a reminder of what our club could be tbh.

I don't watch football anymore.  He's just sucked all the joy out of it.  I guess this makes me a bad fan or whatever, but... nah, just not worth it.

Totally agree with you. Get absolutely no joy out of watching football anymore and that is thanks to the last 10 years of watching us.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I used to love watching loads of football, be it the football league, serie a, la liga or whatever was on. Over the last 10 years it does feel like my love of football has just been beaten to a pulp and it feels like a chore to watch anything now. Too much of a reminder of what our club could be tbh.

10 years ago I couldn't wait for a game, loved watching mostly any football on TV and could at least give a fuck about it. Obviously kids etc mean I don't watch as much anymore but he has just made me despise it.

There is no joy in it anymore and while I still go to the games I tend to enjoy the drink before it with a horror show in between before me and my mates talk about how shit our squad is afterwards

Is anyone accountable for anything at NUFC ? no matter what anyone at the club does nobody ever gets into trouble or god forbid fired, it just seems that so long as  no money is spent then anyone can do what they like 

Guest firetotheworks

If it wasn't for this place, i'd easily be able to not bother.

It's reading the chat and craic on here that I enjoy, not NUFC.

Same. Well, that and admiring the green padlock.

That's a good point actually. Knowing that we're all in this together probably helps keep us all sane. If I was trying to relate to people on Twitter or something it wouldn't be the same and there'd be far, far more numpties as well.

Attempts to support Newcastle United during the last 10 years have proved exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time. It is only right to let Mike Ashley know that there is no point in following this ridiculous excuse of a football club at the moment.

Now that's the new banner right there!

If it wasn't for this place, i'd easily be able to not bother.

It's reading the chat and craic on here that I enjoy, not NUFC.

Same. Well, that and admiring the green padlock.

That's a good point actually. Knowing that we're all in this together probably helps keep us all sane. If I was trying to relate to people on Twitter or something it wouldn't be the same and there'd be far, far more numpties as well.

I just never talk about football in my everyday life. Talking about us to other ‘fans’ is unbearable.

Attempts to support Newcastle United during the last 10 years have proved exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time. It is only right to let Mike Ashley know that there is no point in following this ridiculous excuse of a football club at the moment.

Now that's the new banner right there!

:thup:

Exactly this for me. Used to love watching all levels of football, used to love NUFC, had season ticket, went to away games. But because of Ashley I stopped going to games, then stopped watching NUFC matches on telly, then stopped watching all football, now I never even bother checking fixtures and results.

I have virtually no interest in the game any more. I think continuing to visit this forum, mainly for the Chat section, is my only deliberate contact with the sport.

I'm certainly approaching the 'can barely enjoy any football because NUFC' mindset.

I remember starting to read Bergkamp's autobiography during Pardew's last season and just couldn't face it. Bergkamp's vision, musings and general football philosophy was too painful to absorb from my position of 'supporting' an inherently non-sporting institution. When Benitez goes I'm going to be there again, but it's going to hurt even more - having been so close to what felt like absolute redemption with the takeover.

Fucking World Cup this year n'all. Imagine trying to enjoy that summer whilst we've been relegated again and Rafa's on his way out.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, since Rafa came we've had at least 4 or 5 huge sliding doors moments that Ashley's made sure have gone badly and will likely ruin the club for the foreseeable future. We'll never ever attract a manager like Rafa again unless we're bought by someone with insane levels of money.

I don't think it's an exaggeration at all to say that the future prosperity of the club hinged on this January and that's it's now over, Ashley's ensured that.

The hope of Signings, Survival, Rafa staying, and the club being sold vs No signings, The nigh on certainty of Relegation, Rafa leaving, and no sale.

Unless by some absolute Rafa-fueled miracle we stay up, the chain reaction of the latter has started and the club will be as dead as its ever been. It's unbelievably depressing.

I'm certainly approaching the 'can barely enjoy any football because NUFC' mindset.

I remember starting to read Bergkamp's autobiography during Pardew's last season and just couldn't face it. Bergkamp's vision, musings and general football philosophy was too painful to absorb from my position of 'supporting' an inherently non-sporting institution. When Benitez goes I'm going to be there again, but it's going to hurt even more - having been so close to what felt like absolute redemption with the takeover.

f***ing World Cup this year n'all. Imagine trying to enjoy that summer whilst we've been relegated again and Rafa's on his way out.

Same here. That's because this is all completely pointless. It isn't football. It's like following McDonald's or any other company that you don't give a fuck about.

Aye, since Rafa came we've had at least 4 or 5 huge sliding doors moments that Ashley's made sure have gone badly and will likely ruin the club for the foreseeable future. We'll never ever attract a manager like Rafa again unless we're bought by someone with insane levels of money.

I don't think it's an exaggeration at all to say that the future prosperity of the club hinged on this January and that's it's now over, Ashley's ensured that.

The hope of Signings, Survival, Rafa staying, and the club being sold vs No signings, The nigh on certainty of Relegation, Rafa leaving, and no sale.

Unless by some absolute Rafa-fueled miracle we stay up, the chain reaction of the latter has started and the club will be as dead as its ever been. It's unbelievably depressing.

I understand the unrest, frustration and/or apathy from missing out on players & tonights results going against us - but we're not nigh-on-certainly relegated like. Unless people are strategically lowering expectations/hope to avoid disappointment. Teams around us haven't strengthened THAT much, and we were competing fine before and haven't often slipped into the bottom 3 this season if at all. We had a good chance of staying up before this month began - most would have agreed with that statement - and we still do now. Nothing is decided yet and fans throwing in the towel will affect players on the pitch in home games, as much as they won't like to hear it. Back the team whilst Rafa is here, would be the least I ask of fans losing interest.

Something that's consistently missed by some who criticise him. We are ONLY going backwards when Rafa leaves, other managers of any repute are going to look at this and say 'well if Benitez can't get them going, how can I?'. Stuck with grateful dickheads like Pardew forever after that.

Something that's consistently missed by some who criticise him. We are ONLY going backwards when Rafa leaves, other managers of any repute are going to look at this and say 'well if Benitez can't get them going, how can I?'. Stuck with grateful dickheads like Pardew forever after that.

If Fat Ash is still here and Rafa goes, that's the day I'll pack it in.

Guest firetotheworks

I understand the unrest, frustration and/or apathy from missing out on players & tonights results going against us - but we're not nigh-on-certainly relegated like. Unless people are strategically lowering expectations/hope to avoid disappointment. Teams around us haven't strengthened THAT much, and we were competing fine before and haven't often slipped into the bottom 3 this season if at all. We had a good chance of staying up before this month began - most would have agreed with that statement - and we still do now. Nothing is decided yet and fans throwing in the towel will affect players on the pitch in home games, as much as they won't like to hear it. Back the team whilst Rafa is here, would be the least I ask of fans losing interest.

I don't go to matches anymore so it makes little difference really. I'm just saying what I see, I see a team that's relegation fodder. To me it's nailed on now and I've had that opinion about January since August, so it's not like I'm knee-jerking.

Issue isn't that we're guaranteed relegation (honestly, I wouldn't know, I haven't been watching the games.)  Issue is that staying up is pointless.