Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mulberry among lots of high end brands likely to not supply HOF in the future after Ashley refused to pay suppliers.

They are really going to be filled with SD tat aren't they

Totally emptied of anything worth while and the name HOF will just be a skin for Ashley's tat empire.

People here don't deserve an owner like Ashley, but those in the stadium do.

ZRU8ekf.gif

Sorry but that's bollocks. Fans do what fans do, nobody deserves someone to come and take their club hostage.

When they do fuck all about it and sit on their arses doing absolutely nothing then they certainly do deserve it.

Quite a few did something in the protests before Spurs, including myself who goes to games with my dad. But hey-ho if you want pretend that didn't happen.

This fan division and pointless bickering is why no major movements for change have done anything so far whilst people wonder where it is. The MG, AO etc are trying but whilst this division remains nothing will be done.

ZRU8ekf.gif

Sorry but that's bollocks. Fans do what fans do, nobody deserves someone to come and take their club hostage.

When they do fuck all about it and sit on their arses doing absolutely nothing then they certainly do deserve it.

Quite a few did something in the protests before Spurs, including myself who goes to games with my dad. But hey-ho if you want pretend that didn't happen.

This fan division and pointless bickering is why no major movements for change have done anything so far whilst people wonder where it is. The MG, AO etc are trying but whilst this division remains nothing will be done.

Fairplay to you and all those who did and to the MG AO Groups - it's those who attend and do SFA who I'm on about and then have the audacity to criicise people who do. Why there is no movement is that the vast majority of people for whatever reason will/do not want to do anything and as I said unfortunately that is the majority.

ZRU8ekf.gif

Fairplay to you and all those who did and to the MG AO Groups - it's those who attend and do SFA who I'm on about and then have the audacity to criicise people who do. Why there is no movement is that the vast majority of people for whatever reason will/do not want to do anything and as I said unfortunately that is the majority.

Fairs, your post just read like a generalisation of everyone at games.

I think, and probably hope, more and more are waking up. The turnout before Spurs outside SD was brilliant and hopefully more turnout for the next planned protest whenever that is regardless of results.

Fair point. But don't moan about something and then fund it.

Have you listened to the True Faith podcast with the Rangers fans?

Fair point. But don't moan about something and then fund it.

Have you listened to the True Faith podcast with the Rangers fans?

Yes Craig is spot on. Particularly on the part where he discusses he was a none entity and nobody knew who he was, a bit like what I was saying further back, sometimes you have to be accountable for you and you only.

With our fans it seems to be about what is everyone else doing. Have we got our own Craig? Or are we copying and sons of struth?

The other thing is they (Rangers) moved much quicker, our support has watched this go on for over a decade. The other week thousands were in the town centre, many for a good reason but a lot out of sheer curiosity and pheromone in the air. I do hope, actually I pray there's a Craig among our support a guy or girl that doesn't crave the attention or publicity from slaying Ashley if it's possible.

Every support has their ways of doing things, I just hope the time for continued talk of things is coming to an end and actual action is going to take place, to be honest having a go at your own supporters is pointless, we do it because we get angry, we are angry usually because we are passionate. At the end of the day, we are all the same and have the same in common and are fighting the same fight.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Dennis Wise reminds me a little bit of Sully out of Commando, only he's not as funny.

"Dennis! When I said I'd kill you last...I LIED"

Home

My Feed

Saved

Upgrade to Premium

My Account

The Telegraph

ALL SECTIONS

SportFootball

More

PREMIUM

Telegraph  Sport  Football

Mike Ashley by numbers and why Dennis Wise is wrong over Newcastle's current state

Save

Mike Ashley - Mike Ashley has not enjoyed popularity at Newcastle

Mike Ashley has not enjoyed popularity at Newcastle CREDIT: PA

Luke Edwards

20 AUGUST 2018 • 4:28PM

Follow

There comes a point when an argument reaches a deadlock, when neither side is willing to back down and there is no hope of changing anyone’s mind. Victory is impossible, winning the debate is infuriatingly elusive.

That is where we are when it comes to Mike Ashley’s time as Newcastle United owner. An 11-year reign that has left supporters embittered, those of us who have covered every day of his reign infuriated, yet Ashley and his allies remain steadfastly bemused by the vehement opposition to him.

While much has been written here and elsewhere about why Ashley remains a hopeless football club owner, there has been a lot said since by others trying to defend the retail billionaire, most recently by Dennis Wise, a former Newcastle employee, appointed by Ashley for a brief and unsuccessful stint as Executive Director (Football) in 2008.

According to Wise, during an appearance on Bein Sports– and his argument has been mimicked elsewhere by various pundits and commentators on a variety of platforms over the last few weeks – Newcastle are in a far better position now, both as a business and a football team, than they were when Ashley took over in 2007.

The argument goes like this. Ashley is a businessman who inherited a debt-ridden operation and turned it into a stable, self-sufficient business, who has backed all his managers in the transfer market with as much money as he is able, while simultaneously making the club as competitive as it can possibly be. It is a well-versed narrative and it can be persuasive.

Ashley (right) with Dennis Wise (centre) in 2008 - Ashley (right) with Dennis Wise (centre) in 2008

Ashley (right) with Dennis Wise (centre) in 2008 CREDIT: PA

Newcastle are financially stable, even though the debt has actually risen, in the form of interest free loans from Ashley. This cannot be dismissed as an irrelevance.

But there is more to football than a balance sheet; far more. To argue Newcastle are in a better position now than they were in 2007 is misleading at best.

So, where this is so often an emotive debate, let me bring some cold hard statistics. Forget about the aborted renaming of the stadium, the shoddy treatment of hugely popular figures like Kevin Keegan, Alan Shearer, Jonas Gutierrez and Chris Hughton, as well several false promises made by Ashley in rare television interviews and official club statements, this is about the numbers.

Where feelings can cloud judgement, let me offer some facts and figures. I may not change your mind, I may well be preaching to the converted, but if the debate is not over, it should be.

Newcastle United in the Premier League 1993-2018

Newcastle United finances since 2007 (courtesy of @bigchrisholt via Twitter)

SD have just tweeted for the first time in a month.

Safe to say they are getting hammered. :lol:

Fantastic stuff by all on there  :lol:

This!! :lol: :lol:

Cant stop laughing looking at all those tweets :lol: