Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Uncle Bingo is one of the few who does seem to post ITK stuff because he trusts the source rather than those who are just spouting rehashed rumours. I'm at the stage where I believe there's a serious buyer, but Ashley will probably kick the deal into touch because he wants more than it's worth. He doesn't want to sell unless he gets a big premium for it.

Oh no, it's definitely f***ed then

Probably.

Let's face it, we've been here before.

Can you say anything about the amount of the bid?

No amounts were mentioned, but all the due dilligence/data room stuff has been done. A bid has been made, with certain issues raised, but people are waiting to act on it.

Thanks mate.

As you say though, we’ve been here before. The man-child will hoy his toys out the pram if he doesn’t get exactly what he wants.

If they bid £300m for us I don’t think he’ll turn it away this time. Anything below that and we know what the answer will be already though.

Yep, this.

Think they will know also so fingers crossed if they have been doing the books

Oh no, it's definitely f***ed then

Probably.

Let's face it, we've been here before.

Can you say anything about the amount of the bid?

No amounts were mentioned, but all the due dilligence/data room stuff has been done. A bid has been made, with certain issues raised, but people are waiting to act on it.

For what it's worth, this is more or less what I have just been told by someone who I trust, and who has contacts within the club.  A delegation acting on behalf of one of the interested parties visited SJP last week to conclude the process of due diligence.  Apparently, the feeling around the club is that the sale is very much on, subject to the price being agreed.  I know that this is a big stumbling block, but I'm feeling quite positive about it all.

Can't help but get excited by every positive report on the takeover. I hope your source is correct UncleBingo. However, I can't shake the idea that the whole thing is just the latest Bishop PR attempt, which has predictably snowballed into various media reports, ITKs and whatnot. Due diligence/data rooms/private flights etc.. At one time, The Chronic posted that there are 4 independant parties that have submitted offers of more than 200million.

There are several facts that for me indicate all the takeover talk might not be genuine after all:

1. The talk was started by Ashley himself - straight after yet another inadequate appearance in parliament. If he was genuine about selling the club, announcing it prematurely like this is counter-productive - it weakens his bargaining position and possibly violates NDAs. The interview, of course in front of his Sky buddies, as always happy to let him peddle his scripted lies without any further questions. Time has proved that everything Mike Ashley has said so far in front of the huge Sky audience has been downright lies. His exact words in the interview also hint at his dishonesty, but I don't even want to get into that bullshit.. To this day, all the takeover "news" seem to be leaked by the Club, not the interested buyers, which is unusual.

2. This season has seen a much increased presence and PR efforts from Ashley and his cronies with regards to the club. Bishop and Barnes being ever-present in games and press conferences / "recruiting" Lascelles on their side / using random discredited pundits to attack Rafa and the fans / the various attempts to sabotage the protests.. turning off the TVs in the ground ffs. All these efforts ain't no Ashley exit strategy. If anything it's a strategy to facilitate Rafa's exit, which I expect will reach its conclusion in the next month or so.

3. Guess who wins again. As we've seen last year, a failed takeover bid would give a perfect excuse to not spend money again, with the added bonus of undermining Rafa for one last time, so that he can finally give up on his Newcastle project and let Ashley hire someone less demanding, more "manageable" or downright corrupt (in reference to Mike's pathetic apology to Allardyce awhile ago).

Ashley knows that even if he screws him again, Rafa will probably honor his contract, so we have a good chance of avoiding relegation this season even without January investment.

4. Unchanged circumstances - As far as I can tell, the unrest among the fanbase is not yet big enough to directly endanger Ashley's interests. Sports Direct still benefits massively from free advertisement in one of the world's most lucrative and watched platforms - The Premier League. The last 10 years have proven without a doubt that this is the main reason why Ashley owns the club and he has no intent on losing it. I doubt his recent attempts to "save the high street" are so time-consuming to him that he feels the need to get rid of the club. If anything he needs positive media coverage for his brands even more now.

I wanted to list a few more things but writing all this bullshit down depresses me.. f*** that s***

A worrying post all of which adds up  :sad:

Can't help but get excited by every positive report on the takeover. I hope your source is correct UncleBingo. However, I can't shake the idea that the whole thing is just the latest Bishop PR attempt, which has predictably snowballed into various media reports, ITKs and whatnot. Due diligence/data rooms/private flights etc.. At one time, The Chronic posted that there are 4 independant parties that have submitted offers of more than 200million.

There are several facts that for me indicate all the takeover talk might not be genuine after all:

1. The talk was started by Ashley himself - straight after yet another inadequate appearance in parliament. If he was genuine about selling the club, announcing it prematurely like this is counter-productive - it weakens his bargaining position and possibly violates NDAs. The interview, of course in front of his Sky buddies, as always happy to let him peddle his scripted lies without any further questions. Time has proved that everything Mike Ashley has said so far in front of the huge Sky audience has been downright lies. His exact words in the interview also hint at his dishonesty, but I don't even want to get into that bullshit.. To this day, all the takeover "news" seem to be leaked by the Club, not the interested buyers, which is unusual.

2. This season has seen a much increased presence and PR efforts from Ashley and his cronies with regards to the club. Bishop and Barnes being ever-present in games and press conferences / "recruiting" Lascelles on their side / using random discredited pundits to attack Rafa and the fans / the various attempts to sabotage the protests.. turning off the TVs in the ground ffs. All these efforts ain't no Ashley exit strategy. If anything it's a strategy to facilitate Rafa's exit, which I expect will reach its conclusion in the next month or so.

3. Guess who wins again. As we've seen last year, a failed takeover bid would give a perfect excuse to not spend money again, with the added bonus of undermining Rafa for one last time, so that he can finally give up on his Newcastle project and let Ashley hire someone less demanding, more "manageable" or downright corrupt (in reference to Mike's pathetic apology to Allardyce awhile ago).

Ashley knows that even if he screws him again, Rafa will probably honor his contract, so we have a good chance of avoiding relegation this season even without January investment.

4. Unchanged circumstances - As far as I can tell, the unrest among the fanbase is not yet big enough to directly endanger Ashley's interests. Sports Direct still benefits massively from free advertisement in one of the world's most lucrative and watched platforms - The Premier League. The last 10 years have proven without a doubt that this is the main reason why Ashley owns the club and he has no intent on losing it. I doubt his recent attempts to "save the high street" are so time-consuming to him that he feels the need to get rid of the club. If anything he needs positive media coverage for his brands even more now.

I wanted to list a few more things but writing all this bullshit down depresses me.. f*** that s***

A worrying post all of which adds up  :sad:

The post parliament diversion is definitely something that holds water.

I have some ITK stuff on the possible take-over. Can't say what it is though :shifty:

Maybe I just want you all to know I have some ITK stuff.

Anyways, can't say what it is.

Clearly I have ITK info, though.

Until my super-source is clearer...I can't say.

Not yet, anyways.

Tune in for more.

You ok mate?

:lol: Yes, thanks.

Just being sarcastic about people posting they have ITK stuff but don't want to say. It's full melt.

It's like "I have a secret...but can't tell you!". So why bother saying :idiot2:

I think Bingo was just reporting facts about what he’d heard and mentioned that he’d heard other stuff that he didn’t give as much credence to.

Really don’t think he’s looking for attention and saying ‘I know a secret you don’t know’, he’s just simply stating what he’s heard from various people.

I agree there are attention seeking ITKs about but UncleBingo isn’t one of them.

Pretty much this.

The lad who told me the stuff I've posted is one of my best mates, I'd literally trust him with my life. His info has come from someone he knows in legal circles in London, not from the NUFC side.

The other stuff I was told was from someone I barely know, so interesting though it is, I'm not going to put my name to it.

I think Bingo was just reporting facts about what he’d heard and mentioned that he’d heard other stuff that he didn’t give as much credence to.

Really don’t think he’s looking for attention and saying ‘I know a secret you don’t know’, he’s just simply stating what he’s heard from various people.

I agree there are attention seeking ITKs about but UncleBingo isn’t one of them.

He's not as we had the same source during the Staveley events.

UB has messaged me some details and I'm very positive but of course it only takes one fat twat to ruin it all and we all know who that is!

As poot said can these potential itk share what they've been told? Your not putting your name to it just saying you heard it from a completely unverified source.

Okay, it's quite niche so I've got to be careful what I say.......but it was about Kenyon getting certain people onboard post sale, and looking to develop the club globally.

It was literally six pint talk in the pub, so take with a large pinch of salt.

As poot said can these potential itk share what they've been told? Your not putting your name to it just saying you heard it from a completely unverified source.

Okay, it's quite niche so I've got to be careful what I say.......but it was about Kenyon getting certain people onboard post sale, and looking to develop the club globally.

Pint one or pint six though? It matters.

Pint six. It was only 4.2% abv so I was fairly compos mentis......can't vouch for the other fella.

Pint six. It was only 4.2% abv so I was fairly compos mentis......can't vouch for the other fella.

:lol: nice one

I wanted to list a few more things but writing all this bullshit down depresses me.. fuck that shit

All true, but do you not think Kenyon would've come out and denied it publicly if it wasn't true?

If people were blatantly making shit up about him and his business dealings you'd think he'd release a statement of some sort

I'm no expert on Peter Kenyon but I remember him for the way he left his "beloved" Man Utd for Chelsea and his apparent involvement in the super-dodgy Obi Mikel transfer. Although it's a bit conspirative, It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he's acting on Bishop instructions. He's not breaking any laws, his reputation can only be enhanced by the takeover rumours, even if a deal doesn't materialise. After all, it has been reported that various American investors have trusted him with hundreds of millions to buy and run a football club.

Conspiracy theories like MA and Bishop are brilliant warlords of misinformation, misdirection and spinning fake stories so they can avoid spending money in a transfer window in football. Classic posts where people proudly say “don’t you know it’ll never happen?” - gotta love NO.