Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As I said weeks ago,Kenyon and his consortium ‘have funds to buy the club and take it forward ‘.

As far as I’m informed nothing has changed and talks are still ongoing

With all due respect it sounds like talks are at a stand still and a price can't be agreed. IF the media is to be believed 100m difference between asking price and offer is insurmountable.

IF that's true and it's a big if because it's the sun rag then it's time to walk away, it goes from bad to worse for us.

It won’t be true. Even when you read the article there is nothing to suggest that he’s doing anything like a crowd funding campaign, sounds more like he’s been trying to get investors.

Not that I believe the article but that's still a slight worry in of itself why go to try and buy the club not having sufficient funds to do so.

Also while may be able to generate our own income unless he is keeping a massive amount to one side the rebuild to the infrastructure and team run into the 100's of millions. Is he going to put it all on as club debt would be a worry.

There is no reason other than the Sun’s lies to think that Kenyon is far off the funds to buy the club.

To be fair its all about filling the paper with something but the media line from the leak of who were these mystery bidders said he was short of the 280/300 sale price. Now could be bollocks could be he doesn't think we are worth it or he has more money but it's set aside for a short term and costly rebuild job.

It’s no coincidence Kenyon and Stavely both reportedly made bids below Ashley’s price after looking at the books.

IF that's true and it's a big if because it's the sun rag then it's time to walk away, it goes from bad to worse for us.

It won’t be true. Even when you read the article there is nothing to suggest that he’s doing anything like a crowd funding campaign, sounds more like he’s been trying to get investors.

Not that I believe the article but that's still a slight worry in of itself why go to try and buy the club not having sufficient funds to do so.

Also while may be able to generate our own income unless he is keeping a massive amount to one side the rebuild to the infrastructure and team run into the 100's of millions. Is he going to put it all on as club debt would be a worry.

There is no reason other than the Sun’s lies to think that Kenyon is far off the funds to buy the club.

To be fair its all about filling the paper with something but the media line from the leak of who were these mystery bidders said he was short of the 280/300 sale price. Now could be bollocks could be he doesn't think we are worth it or he has more money but it's set aside for a short term and costly rebuild job.

It’s no coincidence Kenyon and Stavely both reportedly made bids below Ashley’s price after looking at the books.

Indeed it isn't, I imagine Ashley has us tied to Sports direct for a long time after his departure ala rangers. Hence such low offers. We should rememver alot of people have seen our books and commercial agreements without even making an offer.

What happened to Kenyon being backed financially by the Rockefeller investment group? That must have been more bullshit because they are not short of a billion or two.

Either he is and they aren't willing to pay what they deem to be over the odds of they are just acting as advisors.

I’m more on the side of the fence that says he’s in cahoots with Mike Ashley.

Something to distract us enough so that all hell doesn’t break loose when Rafa gets fucked over yet again..

He's not like.

And to be honest there's absolutely no reason for Ashley to distract us. They've already said no money again this window unless rafa signs, which he won't and rightly so.

He doesn't need to make excuses for not spending, he just doesn't spend and that'll be it. 'All hell' will definitely not break loose :lol:

I think the sad fact to most people on here is that thousands of fans that both attend and support Sports Direct Newcastle United are perfectly happy with how the club is run

I love all this "where will Kenyon find the money to fund transfers". Here's a suggestion, why not just use the money the club generates. The 250 million in tv money (among other revenue streams) the club will have received by the end if this season since the start of last season for a start. Just silly little things like that. The money Ashley just refuses to spend.

Just spending our own money would be a massive improvement on where we are now.

I love all this "where will Kenyon find the money to fund transfers". Here's a suggestion, why not just use the money the club generates. The 250 million in tv money (among other revenue streams) the club will have received by the end if this season since the start of last season for a start. Just silly little things like that. The money Ashley just refuses to spend.

Exactly. Maximise our commercial potential, use the TV money correctly, what’s so hard?

Exactly. Maximise our commercial potential, use the TV money correctly, what’s so hard?

Iam not disagreeing with either of that sentiment at all the league revenue should allow you to "top up" the club year in year out with annual investment. To be honest thats a requirement anyway to avoid standing still.

Iam thinking more along the lines of the short term work required to the ground, training facilities etc in terms of the playing squad while its bad mojo to replace your entire team and in our case they all need up grading bar one or two. Start to look at the normal open market again and you could spend alot of money.

Work around to that I guess if a wealthy owner doesn't come along is to stagger the payments over multi years like spurs and everyone else has done. That's a policy that cripples us at the minute for sure but also means you aren't still paying for players you have since moved on.

Not expecting the new owner to throw 500 million at the squad or anything like that just would be nice to know if we need a boost they are there. New income streams can be found depending on 1 if Ashley allows a clean break from Newcastle and SD and 2 the length of time left on shirt and shirt sponsor deals. Also success brings in bigger and better deals a new owner with minimal investment over say 2 windows wont bring in huge clients instantly.

As long as we are run fairly and can see some sort of year to year and say 5 year strategy I would take it in a heartbeat.

He’s someone I could trust to expand a club, though. He’s obviously got contacts within the game so as long as he’s improving us commercially we’d naturally grow again and use the money we earn ourselves and the TV cash.

Exactly. Personally I would much prefer Kenyon to some questionable sheikh/oligarch. There is something really admirable about the way Tottenham. Have built themselves up, IMO.

He’s someone I could trust to expand a club, though. He’s obviously got contacts within the game so as long as he’s improving us commercially we’d naturally grow again and use the money we earn ourselves and the TV cash.

Exactly. Personally I would much prefer Kenyon to some questionable sheikh/oligarch. There is something really admirable about the way Tottenham. Have built themselves up, IMO.

something Ashley could have done easily, he just didnt see it

What's with this "talks" nonsense? If some knacker goes into shit direct to buy a sondico football, do they spend weeks in talks over the price? Yes, I realize I'm simplifying but still.

Still feel there was hope with Stavely but this one has felt nonsensical since the start. And I type that with all the respect in the world to the folks on here who post what they've heard or provide their expertise. Those posters provide a glimmer of possibility even when every fibre of my being screams that this takeover is bullshit.

I fancy it's not just about the asking price, it's all of Ashleys SD add ons plus 'Oh by the way the club owes me this and owes me that so you have to pay me that as well'  Then the investment needed in the squad and the training facilities and stadium . All just to just to give us some stability and dig us out of the hole that Ashley has put us in and it adds up to a huge investment.

Or he really doesn't have all the funds and is taking Ashley up on staggered payments brighthouse style and its when the payments are due and what penalty/liability repercussions there are for failing to make said payment.

I really believe if it was as simple as i want X give me it we would have been sold prior to this. It may be lucrative or favourative SD clauses but unless next time we have a very open owner next we may never know. And no iam not keen on the Sunderland owners Twitter style openness.

So many what ifs I understand if you have bought a house its complicated and money wise its like being an entire town so I realise these things have to be allowed to go at their own pace. But press are now saying this has rumbled on since October and as far as i know they aren't at exclusivity stage yet.

It's a bit unprofessional to attempt to purchase a club without having the funds in the first place, however I suppose that's how Man United was bought.

So basically the narrative is once again poor Ashley desperately wanted to sell but once again the buyers couldn't come up with the funds.

See you guys next year for another installment of will he or won't he

He won't

So basically the narrative is once again poor Ashley desperately wanted to sell but once again the buyers couldn't come up with the funds.

See you guys next year for another installment of will he or won't he

He won't

He's here forever. Sooner people realise that the better. The only thing that gets him stirring is protests as he hates it and always reacts. They need to be kept up constantly until he sells but that will never happen. 2 wins seem to that.

The most important thing is getting Ashley out and that should have been the message from the first day of the season. It's far more important than pl status or bloody Rafa.

He needed to go and he was rocking around October time then it all blew over and gave him license to stay for another x amount of years

Interesting from George Caulkin on Twitter about Bishop not being this PR guru that people suggest.

Link ? I don5 really do Twitter mate