Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you fund it, you endorse it as far as I'm concerned. We're many years past the point where you could attend through gritted teeth but not believe your attendance was legitimately damaging to the club.

I don't believe there's any such thing as being anti-Ashley and still giving him money. The two positions are mutually exclusive. Ultimately, people can do what the fuck they want as fortunately I couldn't give a stuff any more.

If you fund it, you endorse it as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty much this.

I feel you lose any right to complain about Ashley. Complain about Rafa or the tactics. Complain/boo the players.

You're getting what you pay for, but hey at least it's an afternoon away from the missus

To keep renewing your ST just incase we get taken over and get good is just selfish tbh, you are putting your self interest ahead of the well being of the club by doing that and, as a result are part of the problem, don't kid yourself.

And then it becomes, 'who are you to tell me?' which is a fair question but fundamental truth is Ashley doesn't care who either of you are - just if he has one or both of your funds.

Well in that case, TBG, covmag, Wullie, Neesy, Kid Icarus etc, you are NEVER EVER going to get the fans to do what you want. You share the same mindset as most fans as to who the main problem is... but you are miles away from sharing/understanding the mindset of the 36000 people who paid to go to the Blackburn game for example.

If you want any campaign against Ashley to be successful, you need to understand how people think. You need to find a protest solution that doesn't involve not going to the games. Because a boycott is NEVER EVER going to happen. That much should be completely clear to you now.

Prolonged protests and attacks on his business interests... that is what will / has hurt him. Focus on that. I know loads of people who are right behind those efforts, but know hardly anyone who will stop going to games.

Well in that case, TBG, covmag, Wullie, Neesy, Kid Icarus etc, you are NEVER EVER going to get the fans to do what you want. You share the same mindset as most fans as to who the main problem is... but you are miles away from sharing/understanding the mindset of the 36000 people who paid to go to the Blackburn game for example.

If you want any campaign against Ashley to be successful, you need to understand how people think. You need to find a protest solution that doesn't involve not going to the games. Because a boycott is NEVER EVER going to happen. That much should be completely clear to you now.

Prolonged protests and attacks on his business interests... that is what will / has hurt him. Focus on that. I know loads of people who are right behind those efforts, but know hardly anyone who will stop going to games.

Well there you go, already got 36000 people who are capable of protests and attacks on his business interests. How's that going?

What have you done personally, out of interest?

You're financing his other business interests by going to the game.

Once we slip down to the championship and stay down these fans who don’t want to boycott will soon disappear and find something else to do on a Saturday. Not everyone by the way but there are a lot who currently go who won’t stick around but are not willing to do something now.

Well there you go, already got 36000 people who are capable of protests and attacks on his business interests. How's that going?

I'm an active member of The Magpie Group and Ashley Out. Why?

To clarify, I've been to all of the protests, and helped out with organisation of bits and bobs.

Lot of "floating fans" paid for Blackburn tickets, lot of people took their kids when they don't have the chance to do so normally.

lad in here has never normally went to the match as he's always played football on Saturdays and Sundays up until this season and took the opportunity to buy Blackburn tickets as a xmas present for his dad and went with him for a day out to include the match for example.

Guest chopey

I think it's clear now that the partisan Newcastle fans that will go no matter what, far out number the "thinkers" that actually take a step back and realise for the sake of the future of the club we need this bloke out.

Ashley is in a position where no matter what he does he will still have a passive quite crowd at Newcastle for two reasons blind loyalty and swan necking

To clarify, I've been to all of the protests, and helped out with organisation of bits and bobs.

Good man. Just another 35999 people to convince then.

I think it's clear now that the partisan Newcastle fans that will go no matter what, far out number the "thinkers" that actually take a step back and realise for the sake of the future of the club we need this bloke out.

Ashley is in a position where no matter what he does he will still have a passive quite crowd at Newcastle for two reasons blind loyalty and swan necking

Another perfect example of why you'll never get the fans onside. You and several other posters on here think yourself to be "better" than them for not going to games. It's fucking weird man. People just have different priorities and different things going on in their lives. For some, NUFC is their main passion / hobby. The sooner people on here stop calling them "sheep" and thinking they're better than them, the better. Just accept their opinion, and look for a way to get at Ashley that most people can get on board with.

As has already been proven, huge numbers of people are well up for campaigns against Ashley on social media or against his stores.

If you fund it, you endorse it as far as I'm concerned. We're many years past the point where you could attend through gritted teeth but not believe your attendance was legitimately damaging to the club.

I don't believe there's any such thing as being anti-Ashley and still giving him money. The two positions are mutually exclusive. Ultimately, people can do what the fuck they want as fortunately I couldn't give a stuff any more.

Assuming nearly all purchased from the club shop / SD / SJP are by and large made by Newcastle supporters, then its fair to say most (fans) don't share that view.

It is my experience that the anti- Ashley rhetoric which is pretty much uniform across most social media platforms - just dosent seem to reflect within the rank & file support as a whole. Though paradoxically, assuming the majority of support aren't non-techno luddites, they must be exposed to the same tweets, posts, articles etc. that we all are so it remains baffling why, given our well chronicled demise, anyone could possibly draw any other conclusions other than most on here.

I believe the answer is, quite simply, not enough people care enough to "walk the walk" & most are now embarrassingly fickle. A point Ashley & co. know all too well & feed off constantly as it seems to correlate with modern society as a whole. I would also add that criticising people who still feel (Morally or otherwise) obliged to turn up on match day doesn't sit easy with me. The assumption that, say, some young lad(s) or old boy(s) who now and again get the odd chance to see the team live and all that the day can bring is somehow pissing on the parade of righteousness and thus providing succour to Ashley seems to be a rather sanctimonious (& often) hypocritical line to take. Even if the criticism seems to be reserved for a different kind of match go-er, it still suggests an element of unprincipled treachery regardless.

Guest chopey

Absolutely not, I go to games, I've got 3 season tickets, however a fat bloke called Mike Ashley is raping my club year after year to the point where supporting the team is supporting him, 25% increase in season tickets this year and none of that went on improving my enjoyment of supporting my team, it's just not fair.

As has already been proven, huge numbers of people are well up for campaigns against Ashley on social media or against his stores.

So you'd expect them still to be happening, no? Or are people needing leadership?

I've seen very little evidence that 36000 are getting involved tbh.

Guest reefatoon

Its football at this level aswell, I hate everything about it.

:thup: I've stopped watching football completely this season and really don't miss it at all.

Might just be an age thing but it seems to me the game I grew up loving just doesn't exist any more.

This is exactly where I am at too. Totally agree with you, the game just bores me to death now.

I don't know why 'stopping going to games until he's gone' and 'missing one game' are so often discussed like they're the same thing. Even at the height of protest organisation and with the maximum amount of backing, over 30,000 useless arseholes still went to that Spurs game in 2015.

Assuming nothing happens re a takeover/transfers, I still think it should be tried again after the transfer window one last time. A big, orchestrated effort with constant reminders and requests to boycott a game in late Feb/early March. If there's still no appetite from the masses at that point, in spite of the utterly desperate context, we can know for sure that the collective fanbase are never going to contribute to Ashley's removal, and we can all just save ourselves from the effort.

Another perfect example of why you'll never get the fans onside. You and several other posters on here think yourself to be "better" than them for not going to games. It's fucking weird man. People just have different priorities and different things going on in their lives. For some, NUFC is their main passion / hobby. The sooner people on here stop calling them "sheep" and thinking they're better than them, the better. Just accept their opinion, and look for a way to get at Ashley that most people can get on board with.

:lol: What, you don't think NUFC is/was the main passion/hobby for those who've walked away because they don't want to fund what's happening to it like you do?  You absolute plum.