Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd say, if you're excited right now - be excited that an offer is on the table - that someone wants to save us from this hell of Mike Ashley's ownership. Cross your fingers, pray, be nice to everyone for some good karma, etc. :lol:

If Ashley had no intention of selling at around the price that they have bid, not only would it have already been rejected but it would have been outlined early on what sort of figure he was looking for.

With maybe a bit of negotiation, this is clearly happening like.

Was my thoughts too, AS's camp has said 300m the entire time too if I recall correctly

If Ashley had no intention of selling at around the price that they have bid, not only would it have already been rejected but it would have been outlined early on what sort of figure he was looking for.

With maybe a bit of negotiation, this is clearly happening like.

Agree with this.

It’s good news - without a doubt. We will find out soon enough how serious Ashley is intent wise. I just hope it’s not another go at leading us down the garden path again. Remember - the man is a cunt and loves being one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://news.sky.com/story/staveley-hands-ashley-163300m-newcastle-bid-11136293

Sky News has learnt that Ms Staveley's PCP Capital Partners tabled a bid worth in the region of £300m to buy Newcastle from Mr Ashley late last week.

Wonder if it's the club that's leaked this then, to try and smoke out anyone else interested?

That shit paper was right?!?! :lol:

:lol: Fucking hell, it was!

https://news.sky.com/story/staveley-hands-ashley-163300m-newcastle-bid-11136293

Sky News has learnt that Ms Staveley's PCP Capital Partners tabled a bid worth in the region of £300m to buy Newcastle from Mr Ashley late last week.

Wonder if it's the club that's leaked this then, to try and smoke out anyone else interested?

That s*** paper was right?!?! :lol:

:lol: f***ing hell, it was!

Has the takeover been confirmed like?

Guest Howaythetoon

300m seems a fair price, but if I was Ashley I’d be looking at closer to 320m, so hopefully there is room for negotiating and a compromise will be met, one that doesn’t include exclusive advertising rights for SD for 20 years or something. If Ashley doesn’t sell now, he will never ever get a better offer from another person or persons and I can see the club becoming toxic once again. He has to sell, but me, I’d be looking for bit more.

I refuse to believe both parties didn't have an idea Of The price before it got this far. No way.

No chance. It's as good as done man. Accepted tomorrow. Party in the toon for the rest of the week.

I fucking hope so I'm off wed/thur then in all weekend, they must have had a price kind of agreed before DD no?