Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Supporters aren't "powerless" as proven by Liverpool over recent years.

If this deal caves, we've got to make the Fat t***'s position here untenable, and I think we will.

Nah, Ashley's lot will spin it and the bulk of the support will swallow it and carry on sleepwalking into another sweet, numb relegation.

If this deal caves, we've got to make the Fat t***'s position here untenable, and I think we will.

not a chance.

we've proven time and time again we'll accept being shat on from a great height.

we wont be forcing anyone out.

not a chance.

we've proven time and time again we'll accept being shat on from a great height.

All that happens is that supporters vote with their feet and are replaced with happy clapper day trippers that go for a day out and a laugh with the lads, lads, lads.

not a chance.

All that happens is that supporters vote with their feet and are replaced with happy clapper day trippers that go for a day out and a laugh with the lads, lads, lads.

If Ashley opened a Shit Sandwich themed fast food outlet (right near SJP), and promoted as part of the matchday experience, it would take off. Such a venture, in Liverpool, would most likely be firebombed.

The thing is, relegation or survival is likely to be close either way, and many fans feel that fan unrest would only seal our relegation. Something Liverpool and Man Utd fans don't have to worry about.

I've always believed we should get him out at all costs but with it always being a close thing (both times we were relegated by a point or two if memory serves, and other times we've survived by the skin of our teeth), I do understand the large number of fans who worry that we won't recover from one relegation too many and that we need to keep our heads above water until he sells up.

The type of fans who would cause unrest stopped going to St James long ago. Unfortunately that's where protests make the most impact, and the vast majority at the ground are not the type to kick up a fuss.

Is there no way PCP can not just start a new Newcastle ? Build a new stadium and start again from scratch to make Ashley's investment totally worthless (obviously impossible but I would love to see his face)

The thing is, relegation or survival is likely to be close either way, and many fans feel that fan unrest would only seal our relegation. Something Liverpool and Man Utd fans don't have to worry about.

I've always believed we should get him out at all costs but with it always being a close thing (both times we were relegated by a point or two if memory serves, and other times we've survived by the skin of our teeth), I do understand the large number of fans who worry that we won't recover from one relegation too many and that we need to keep our heads above water until he sells up.

We went down with literally no fan unrest so I'm not sure it makes any difference at all

I agree with you but we say that with hindsight and both relegations, as with all our relegation battles, were very close. On both occasions we went down, 1 win in any game would've saved us. Likewise in other seasons, 1 or 2 losses would've sent us down but we stayed up. Worrying about stuff like that is alien to Liverpool and Man Utd fans.

If we did a Villa or a sunderland and were confirmed relegated long before the end of the season, then I could definitely see a massive effort to get Ashley out. Sadly though, with the TV money now, he isn't going to sell unless he gets an excellent deal for himself.

There's always a lot of stock put in roaring your team to success/survival and there's obviously something in home/away advantage psychologically but imo it's only any good as part of a system - in which in the case of NUFC the other components of positive ethos, direction, personnel and investment have mitigated the support entirely. It's over-romanticism I'm afraid. Still, you'd sooner be nowhere this train of thought wouldn't you?

Judging by the last few comments it's not looking good then?

I've kinda stayed away from this whole thing because I can't handle another Newcastle-related emotional rollercoaster again  :lol: which from a distance is currently playing out. False hope forever.

Do he really want to sell? Is 350-400M a realistic price? I dont know but it sounds high, especially with the tax investigation and a shite squad that might get relegated.

Its lik if you have a car and its worth 20k, you put it out for 40k. Do you really want to sell the car? Or did you just do it because your wife kept nagging about selling it.