Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can’t wait for the journo backtracking when this is announced out of the blue.

We'll need a roll call of journalists we can tell to fuck off when it happens. It's currently standing at:

Ryder

Caulkin

Edwards

If I missed any feel free to add below.

I can’t wait for the journo backtracking when this is announced out of the blue.

We'll need a roll call of journalists we can tell to f*** off when it happens. It's currently standing at:

Ryder

Caulkin

Edwards

If I missed any feel free to add below.

Douglas

Guest firetotheworks

Literally not one of the journalists has said that it's not happening. :lol: Funny how people are happy to believe ITKs but even proven-to-be reliable journalists 'know nothing' :lol: Such a weird reaction to them across the board imo, but particularly the inclusion of Caulkin.

The thing is these sources are hardly likely to turn around and confirm anything if any deal is approaching a crucial stage, even if it was true. Surely if there's a sensitivity about leaks, as we know there is in the case after some of the coverage over the last few months, it's easier to just say play dumb and then build bridges with a few sports journalists afterwards.

In that case I do find the company and context in which it was create more compelling than the denials, but we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Literally not one of the journalists has said that it's not happening. :lol: Funny how people are happy to believe ITKs but even proven-to-be reliable journalists 'know nothing' :lol: Such a weird reaction to them across the board imo, but particularly the inclusion of Caulkin.

I thought it was tongue in cheek with Caulkin, if it isn’t then it’s very sad.

Guest firetotheworks

Edwards has just proven he doesn't have the slightest idea how any of this works, why should he be seen as reliable?  :lol:

The reliable bit was about Caulkin, but still, none of them have said that it isn't happening, yet everyone's still just decided to hoy on some Rage Against the Machine :lol:

Absolutely no reason for Staveley and her people to inform anyone of the purpose of this company. I'd not read anything into what they're leaking in terms of the purpose now.

:thup: Spot on.

A reporter is under no obligation to name their source in the UK, either unless it’s in the interests of justice.

Anyone here that’s familiar with media law will be aware of Goodwin vs the UK and Ashworth Hospitals vs MGN.

Was is Edwards that Kinnear was calling a "cunt" ?

Simon Bird.

Edwards has always been an odd fellow. He's a good journalist but sometimes he gets a chip on his shoulder about an issue and ends up coming across as a massive twat. There were a million and one ways he could've responded to that tweet, and yet he chose the one that made him look petty and thick. Quite a feat :lol:

Oh, and there's always this too...

Negative Luke acting like he knew all along

2 points on his tweet.

Firstly didn’t the previous Man City owner own them outright so why create a holding company then?

Secondly yes there are no shares at the moment but if Staveley is an investor with someone else richer they will each own a percentage of the club therefore shares.

Edwards can f*** off, too.

But seriously, he can. He's a c***.

Aye. Caulkin is alreet but Edwards is so fucking weird. Like he's desperate for it fall through so he can say "I told you so" along with Wraith and that Chris Holt on Twitter. Posted as Happy Face on here didn't he, Holt?

I really don't know why but journalists being thick twats really annoys me way more than it should.

I never rant at anyone on Twitter and barely write at all but I've almost lashed out on some of the Newcastle reporters several times.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't get Wraith. I was always under the impression that he wanted Ashley out, yet constantly tweets negative stuff about the takeover.

Click bait or clit bait as I call it.

I don't get Wraith. I was always under the impression that he wanted Ashley out, yet constantly tweets negative stuff about the takeover.

He just wants everyone to think he has the exclusive on it because he happened to be sat next to Staveley.

He's always been a cunt.

Edwards incapable of understanding that buying 1 of 1 share in a company is 100% interest? Entities are formed to acquire assets for structure, tax and liability reasons. He really is that thick, desperate to shoot shit down.