Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

So begins the 'is it a negotiating position or is he really not going to sell us' fun time of the summer. I expect maximum amount of belligerent destroying of any chance we have of any positivity this summer

To be fair to the horrible b******, if he genuinely wants to sell he isn't going to get a better opportunity than this. His gamble with spending has paid off, the manager is working wonders and the fans are all pulling in the same direction. It's only going downhill from here.

If he does want to sell, this summer is the moment. One could argue he's played it perfectly.

Kind of my thoughts as well.

So begins the 'is it a negotiating position or is he really not going to sell us' fun time of the summer. I expect maximum amount of belligerent destroying of any chance we have of any positivity this summer

To be fair to the horrible b******, if he genuinely wants to sell he isn't going to get a better opportunity than this. His gamble with spending has paid off, the manager is working wonders and the fans are all pulling in the same direction. It's only going downhill from here.

If he does want to sell, this summer is the moment. One could argue he's played it perfectly.

The thing is though, seeing we are perfectly poised, he’s going to put an extra premium on the price. And to be fair, the club is worth significantly more now than it was mid-January. As much as £400m isn’t unreasonable, all things considered.

Wonder if the players are on a “top ten” bonus, if they’re then no doubt he’ll add that to the price of the club

£4m squad bonus to stay up, £1m per position above 17th.

Wonder how that works ? All the money goes into a pot and they divvy it up equal ways ? So someone like Gamez who played twice gets the same as Ritchie ? Or do they work it out on an appearance basis ?

Really all Ashley is doing here is sending the greater prize money he gets for finishing higher to the players or at least a portion of it, how much do you get per spot ?

Wonder if the players are on a “top ten” bonus, if they’re then no doubt he’ll add that to the price of the club

Wonder how that works ? All the money goes into a pot and they divvy it up equal ways ? So someone like Gamez who played twice gets the same as Ritchie ? Or do they work it out on an appearance basis ?

Really all Ashley is doing here is sending the greater prize money he gets for finishing higher to the players or at least a portion of it, how much do you get per spot ?

In previous seasons it’s been a % based on minutes played.

In previous seasons it’s been a % based on minutes played.

Aha, Mitro is in for a bonanza then :)

The thing is though, seeing we are perfectly poised, he’s going to put an extra premium on the price. And to be fair, the club is worth significantly more now than it was mid-January. As much as £400m isn’t unreasonable, all things considered.

No it’s not, in my opinion. £300m is the ceiling of it’s value in it’s current state. An NUFC getting into Europe most seasons then it’s worth £400m, and we are at least £100m worth of investment away from that.

Long term an NUFC winning the league, and Champions League and it would be worth £750m-£1b.

No it’s not, notcin my opinion. £300m is the ceiling of it’s value in it’s current state. An NUFC getting into Europe most seasons then it’s worth £400m, and we are at least £100m worth of investment away from that.

Long term an NUFC winning the league, and Champions League and it would be worth £750m-£1b.

:lol: Listen to fucking Peter Jones over here.

That still blows my fucking mind considering each place is only worth £1.5m or less as it is

That still blows my fucking mind considering each place is only worth £1.5m or less as it is

To be fair, 10th place will see us earn about £125m like :lol:

To be fair, 10th place will see us Ashley earn about £125m like :lol:

Plus player profits...

Think it's more like 2 million a place this year. So effectively for every place above 17th it's a million to the players pot, a million to the club. With 16 TV games 10th should bank us £125 million total pot, with £18 million going to the players.

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-prize-money/

Think it's more like 2 million a place this year. So effectively for every place above 17th it's a million to the players pot, a million to the club. With 16 TV games 10th should bank us £125 million total pot, with £18 million going to the players.

50% just seems high to me but I guess it's par for the course. £18m is a lot of money to split between what ~25 players on top of their wages. Good luck to them mind.

50% just seems high to me but I guess it's par for the course. £18m is a lot of money to split between what ~25 players on top of their wages. Good luck to them mind.

Hopefully agreeing to that deal should see the back of Charnley! :) I guess he didn't expect such a high finishing position to be possible. At least this bunch have earned a bonus I guess.

Hopefully agreeing to that deal should see the back of Charnley! :) I guess he didn't expect such a high finishing position to be possible. At least this bunch have earned a bonus I guess.

Ashley still wins though. 50% of everything above 17th place is still better than nothing.

Based on what? Does anyone want to buy us for that much?