Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's trolling the supporter base, with his choice of wording/analogy which stinks of irony.  Major trolling points awarded to him.

Or he has actually realised that low budget shops only have so much milage in them then they trail off eventually.  Especially with his online business, there is far more choice for on-line shoppers. Where the high street is a bit more limited to SD or JD.

That, but don't you think it's funny that he didn't stick to expressing the company's 'new' direction strictly from a retail perspective. The bloke imho is taking the piss & trolling the supporter/fan base (of NUFC).

Clearly taking the piss, but then again he has been for years and still a sizeable proportion of our support base doesn't accept this to be the case. Full on Stockholm syndrome.

Do people here shop at Sports Direct? Genuine question. I haven't since Keegangate, and I know it has no effect in reality but I just couldn't give money to this cunt if it could be avoided.

He’s playing Moneyball with the Premier League and has been for some time.. spend more money on a manager, less on the squad. He knows Rafa won’t let us go down despite virtually no financial input of any meaningful way.

granted i've only seen the movie but moneyball is not what he's doing at all like, the point of that was to get a club that can't compete to be able to compete

he's doing the fucking opposite

He's trolling the supporter base, with his choice of wording/analogy which stinks of irony.  Major trolling points awarded to him.

Or he has actually realised that low budget shops only have so much milage in them then they trail off eventually.  Especially with his online business, there is far more choice for on-line shoppers. Where the high street is a bit more limited to SD or JD.

That, but don't you think it's funny that he didn't stick to expressing the company's 'new' direction strictly from a retail perspective. The bloke imho is taking the piss & trolling the supporter/fan base (of NUFC).

Clearly taking the piss, but then again he has been for years and still a sizeable proportion of our support base doesn't accept this to be the case. Full on Stockholm syndrome.

A not-insignificant element of our fanbase still think he somehow saved the club financially ffs!!

It'll probably only kick off at the final home game when everyone realises Rafa is going.

I don't think it will. I think in this scenario everyone will be intent on giving rafa the sendoff he deserves. Over the following summer, some will drift away without making too much of a fuss and others will renew regardless. As long as we're in the premier league I don't think Ashley will be too fussed either way.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but has Ashley actually lost any money due to previous relegations?

The club certainly has, but Ashley 'lends' the club say £30 million to cover losses and adds it to his 'loan'. The club owes him more money, payable upon a sale no doubt (although didn't he even take some back a while ago?).

Every relegation increases the debt to him, increasing his selling price to even more ridiculous levels.

He'll keep us until he's taken all his 'loan' out and then sell an empty shell probably.

It'll probably only kick off at the final home game when everyone realises Rafa is going.

Small pockets of the stadium, sure.. but people hoping for a full on protest or 'revolt' or whatever are gonna be disapponted. Way too many people at the games happy just to be going and seeing Premier League football and see the event of going to the game every week too big/important to turn on Ashley for just because Rafa leaves. There'll be other managers and those people don't or won't see the importance of Rafa.  When I go to home games (maybe 5 per season) I sit all over and those types are everywhere

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but has Ashley actually lost any money due to previous relegations?

The club certainly has, but Ashley 'lends' the club say £30 million to cover losses and adds it to his 'loan'. The club owes him more money, payable upon a sale no doubt (although didn't he even take some back a while ago?).

Every relegation increases the debt to him, increasing his selling price to even more ridiculous levels.

He'll keep us until he's taken all his 'loan' out and then sell an empty shell probably.

Hence why I don't think it matters if we go down or not; he'll "loan" the club money to be promoted again and the cycle continues. We're doomed whether he's here.

I don't think it will. I think in this scenario everyone will be intent on giving rafa the sendoff he deserves. Over the following summer, some will drift away without making too much of a fuss and others will renew regardless. As long as we're in the premier league I don't think Ashley will be too fussed either way.

:sadnod:

Small pockets of the stadium, sure.. but people hoping for a full on protest or 'revolt' or whatever are gonna be disapponted. Way too many people at the games happy just to be going and seeing Premier League football and see the event of going to the game every week too big/important to turn on Ashley for just because Rafa leaves. There'll be other managers and those people don't or won't see the importance of Rafa.  When I go to home games (maybe 5 per season) I sit all over and those types are everywhere

So how does turning on Ashley stop people from doing that exactly?

It doesn't, but singing a song saying you think he's a cunt and waving a banner isn't going to do anything while you're still there putting money in his pocket :lol: Defeats the whole point of fans turning. Unless the "turn" is actually doing fuck all

Guest ElCid

West Hams fans certainly showed the way maybe a tadge too much but it certainly got the message through and a bit more venom than the pointless FCB chants

Plenty will stop going when Rafa goes. He is the last manager in the mould of KK and Bobby that many of us are likely to see here. It's a tough call as to whether or not to enjoy as much as possible this last year of such a manager. I caved and renewed my ticket but don't make the first payment until 15th August.  I will probably keep it for this one last year but this depends on how bad things really are come the end of the transfer window. I'm not holding my breath on a good outcome though.