Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What he could do instead of taking it all at once is take a % of the transfer founds each season to repay himself rather then taking it all at once and putting the club in a dergours postion again.

For Ashley, I think it's a simple equation of - we finished 10th last season so I don't need to invest this money into the club.

He's sadly mistaken and does not and will never understand how football works.

TBH he's probably right, we won't go down as long as Rafa is here.

The problem is when he gets sick of it and leaves, obviously.

Shoveling funds from his own pocket? Plunging the club in more debt more like.

Ashley put money into NUFC on both occasions, he repaid himself the first time after the Carroll sale, we'll have to wait to see if the same thing has happened this time- it could be one reason why there is such limited funds this summer. He didn't plunge the club into debt, this was just the mechanism of him putting more money in and out.

There are other ways to put money into the club; he chose to loan the club money to be repaid at a later date on both occasions effectively increasing our debt position. I don't see what's contentious about this at all or how it doesn't equate to plunging the club in more debt?

Seems to me like you are arguing for arguing's sake in some financial defense of what Ashley has done to this club since taking over. Let's be very clear about this: he's increased our debt and decreased revenue from sources other than centrally negotiated TV revenue at a time where our competitors have managed to grow theirs significantly, all to the direct benefit of Sports Direct. His financial management of the club has been disastrous (just like his appointments and his general running of the club).

Regading this situation with Rafa; what's new? We've been here before a dozen times at least. Nothing ever fundamentally changes with Ashley at the helm. We all know it.

So the path Mike Ashley has chosen is don't do anything Rafa wants to improve NUFC, Rafa leaves at the end of his contract, the morale collapses, players want to leave, fans give up, NUFC are relegated, Ashley thinks he can buy a team to win the Championship (like promotion is guaranteed) regardless of which manager he employs, etc.

This coming season may be a struggle but it will be nothing compared to the seasons which follow.

Rafa Benitez isn't the only manager out there capable of keeping Newcastle in the Premier League. We'll appoint someone else, tread water and Ashley will wonder why he ever bothered with a manager who wanted progress. I've said this before but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he sacks him a few weeks into the season. He clearly has no intention of selling the club so what's his motivating for keeping a non-compliant dissenter?

Maybe Rafa isn't the only manager who can keep NUFC in the Premiership but I certainly don't expect Ashley to identify a manager with the caliber for the job and then persuade said manager to join.

Ashley put money into NUFC on both occasions, he repaid himself the first time after the Carroll sale, we'll have to wait to see if the same thing has happened this time- it could be one reason why there is such limited funds this summer. He didn't plunge the club into debt, this was just the mechanism of him putting more money in and out.

There are other ways to put money into the club; he chose to loan the club money to be repaid at a later date on both occasions effectively increasing our debt position. I don't see what's contentious about this at all or how it doesn't equate to plunging the club in more debt?

Seems to me like you are arguing for arguing's sake in some financial defense of what Ashley has done to this club since taking over.

Pointing out reality doesn't equate to a defense of Ashley. Is this the SMB now and we all have to follow the line?

Putting in funds as a shareholder loan does not mean they will be repaid or need to be repaid. It is purely form over substance. He could have put in equity and taken a dividend with exactly the same impact.

Debt which might be paid back but doesn't have to be, doesn't bear any interest and has the same beneficial owner as the equity isn't debt.

NUFC as a business is debt-free since the satisfaction of the charges in favour of Barclays earlier in the year.

Charnleys a fucking cretin as well.

If he had any self awareness he would fuck off for the good of the club

i think he is genuinely 50% of the problem

And give up a £200k a year job?

Yeah right

You're giving Charnley way too much credit. Incoming transfer deals were efficiently completed (in comparison to the last four windows) during the window following relegation. Ashley installs his headkicker & lieutenant, a foreman on the ground (of sorts), in December during the Champo season. Ever since Rafa has been bashing his head against a wall, and fighting this bunch. It all comes down to 'one' guy, who Barnes answers to.

Seems to me like you are arguing for arguing's sake in some financial defense of what Ashley has done to this club since taking over.

Pointing out reality doesn't equate to a defense of Ashley. Is this the SMB now and we all have to follow the line?

Putting in funds as a shareholder loan does not mean they will be repaid or need to be repaid. It is purely form over substance. He could have put in equity and taken a dividend with exactly the same impact.

Debt which might be paid back but doesn't have to be, doesn't bear any interest and has the same beneficial owner as the equity isn't debt.

NUFC as a business is debt-free since the satisfaction of the charges in favour of Barclays earlier in the year.

Always interested to hear your balanced views on the finances, but just wondered what your actual thoughts and opinions are on what he's doing financially - is he doing this for the good of the club, or the good of SD (in your opinion, it's pretty obviously to most that he's not doing anything for the good of the club).

You're giving Charnley way too much credit. Incoming transfer deals were efficiently completed (in comparison to the last four windows) during the window following relegation. Ashley installs his headkicker & lieutenant, a foreman on the ground (of sorts), in December during the Champo season. Ever since Rafa has been bashing his head against a wall, and fighting this bunch. It all comes down to 'one' guy, who Barnes answers to.

I fail to see why people keep spouting this shit...we signed something like 12 players and released/sold/loaned out 20 that summer. Its all on fucking Ashley. He has literally employed someone to stop us signing players ffs.

On a separate note, nobody but Ashley (and his accountant/advisors) knows exactly what he is up to (and that includes Matt too).

He didn’t plunge us into debt that is correct however his gross mis management which had led to Two relegations and a decrease in commercial revenue must equate to the amount he’s put in at least. That’s before we talk about all the free advertising.

Exactly his tricks and tactics are costing us millions and fucking the clubs potential big time, the facilities are falling further and further behind as is the playing squad. Theres literally no point in talking about the clubs accounts when they have been manipulated to such an extent.

30 Nov 2013 Evening Chronicle

A statement from the club today read: “Newcastle United Football Club have announced plans for a stunning new state-of-the-art training complex as part of a multi-million pound redevelopment of the Club’s existing 35-acre training ground site.

“The current intention is that work will get underway in May 2015 and when complete in early 2016, the Magpies will occupy one of the finest training facilities of its kind in Europe.

Shame on the Spanish waiter asking for upgrade to state-of-the-art training facilities.

Guest chopey

Ashley has blatantly lied time after time and getting away with it, his latest one about giving Rafa every penny the club makes is on of his best and nobody in the media seems to be bothered

There’s literally no point in talking about the clubs accounts when they have been manipulated to such an extent.

Such an extent that what? Stop with the conspiracy talk. It’s all there in black and white.

Always interested to hear your balanced views on the finances, but just wondered what your actual thoughts and opinions are on what he's doing financially - is he doing this for the good of the club, or the good of SD (in your opinion, it's pretty obviously to most that he's not doing anything for the good of the club).

I’m struggling to see how we can justifiably say we have no funds to spend so there is some kind of politics in play between MA and Rafa. Perhaps when Rafa says he has to sell to buy, this is because the transfer pot is for next season’s manager and he knows that won’t be him.

All he wants to do is not have to put money in again- which he did when he gave Maclaren a load of money and he fucked it up. This is why he factors contract costs into budgets- there is some overall look-forward that won’t allow the club to go beyond a certain level. Any attempt to improve the standing of the club commercially would require a proper management team and not the skeleton rag-tag approach we have at the moment. He’s an absentee control freak- it’s the perfect storm of inaction and paralysis and I can't see how it will change any time soon.

Ashley has blatantly lied time after time and getting away with it, his latest one about giving Rafa every penny the club makes is on of his best and nobody in the media seems to be bothered

An outright lie. But then we've sold all the STs and the TV money will still be rolling in.

Guest The Little Waster

Never mind  the media ... its the 50 000 muppets who turn up and hoy their giros in his pockets who are the only ones who can do anything about him . Dont hold yer breath though