Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Everyone's always so eager to believe in these insane conspiracies like. :lol: As if it's impossible that a buyer could be genuine and a seller not, they both MUST be in on it. It's all a bit Alex Jones.

They’re not really “insane” though are they?  Considering the lies that have come from the club in the last 11 years.

They are because they're bringing other people into Ashley's lies when there's absolutely no need to. It's perfectly reasonable to think that Kenyon's legitimate and Ashley's not, they don't have to be in on it together. The idea that they would be in on it together is the insane bit, not that Mike Ashley lies, that's a given.

Well i think it’s POSSIBLE he is in on it.  The timing of the whole thing and some of the stuff coming out of the press stinks.  Add that to the fact that Ashley and Kenyon could easily be chums from the Chelsea boardroom and Kenyon’s silence on the whole matter makes me suspicious.  He’s had zero involvement in football for years now (as far as i know) so his reputation in the game means nothing anyway.

Time will tell but my money would be on this whole thing fizzling out and Kenyon not saying a thing about the whole saga, even months afterwards.

Well it's possible, albeit really unlikely. Like I say though, it's bizarre that people jump straight to it being an all-encompassing conspiracy that they're all in on, when it's far more likely that Kenyon and co are interested, but Ashley's the cunt that's using the situation to his advantage.

Like i say, time will tell.  If you’re correct then i’m sure we’ll hear something from the Kenyon camp about what happened.

If he's in any way professional then we definitely won't unless it's leaked. Even then it won't be believed by plenty in the same way Staveley wasn't by some.

I don't get it!

Kenyon is willing to pay £200M and an extra £100M if we reach Champions League in 10 years. And Ashley is willing to take installments. Why doesn't Kenyon pay £200M now and an extra £100M in the summer when we get the TV-money.

Problem solved!?

It's quite simple really: There is no bid, this is all nonsense and spin designed appease the fans and to allow another transfer window to pass without us doing any of that silly "transfer" stuff.

Once you accept that, everything that happens, every leak, and every article in the papers all makes perfect sense.

:clap: :clap:

Classic Occams Razor?

The explanation with the least assumptions here is not a multiparty conspiracy puppetmastered by Bishop atop his throne in Castle Grayskull. The easiest explanation is Ashley is a cunt who's not selling up and doesn't mind stringing people along.

The end result is the same - a window of no spending - but everyone being an actor in his great deceptive play is a bit much.

There is no need to assume that, if he has any, his friends are likewise rich cunts who like to fill their boring lives by throwing scraps at peasants, and having a right old laugh. Haw haw.

Problem we all have is an owner who has admitted lying to the fans in court, and uttered lie after lie in the time he's darkened our door. We'll never believe anything he says and why would we, he'll always be viewed with suspicion and so he bloody should.

Aye some of the theories are a bit out there but is it any wonder ? 

If this window and lack of takeover pans out as it appears it is, I'm probably approaching the "I'm done" stage quicker than I thought. While Rafa is there I'll show some interest and support but it's now less likely that I'll attend matches second half of the season.

The whole situation is so pointless I just can be bothered anymore. While it's definitely different I've got other sports I follow too. Real shame and a total disaster from Ashley. I won't be back after Rafa has gone until Ashley has gone.

It’s Staveley who Kenyon approached.

If you aren't sure about something, people normally put "i think".

Ok, I’m convinced that it is Staveley who Kenyon has approached.

I'm with ya Stifleaay, perfectly plausible to me.

So the Rockefeller group, who apparently attended that Monday night game, are being led by Kenyon, neither of whom, seemingly, have a pot to piss in, are 100m short, and have reached out to Staveley to see if they wanna join forces to come up with the amount needed to buy the club?

I don't know, man.

So the Rockefeller group, who apparently attended that Monday night game, are being led by Kenyon, neither of whom, seemingly, have a pot to piss in, are 100m short, and have reached out to Staveley to see if they wanna join forces to come up with the amount needed to buy the club?

I don't know, man.

Or...everything you read in the press is speculation and no one really knows.