Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I sometimes wonder if people live in the real world with us. If anyone has any experience of buying a car (especially on finance), a house etc then they will know that these processes can take weeks, and in the case of buying a house, months. A business is a lot more complicated than any of those and though a financing package may not be required, they still need to look at the finance of a business, contracts etc.

Mike Ashley buying the company in his ‘Shut up and take my money’ manner was a one off, and not one reputable companies/potential owners are going to repeat.

Those processes take weeks because we are in a cue and having our checks done. I'd be surprised if Stavely's backers are in a similar situation.

So you reckon this should be done already? Don't be daft.

I sometimes wonder if people live in the real world with us. If anyone has any experience of buying a car (especially on finance), a house etc then they will know that these processes can take weeks, and in the case of buying a house, months. A business is a lot more complicated than any of those and though a financing package may not be required, they still need to look at the finance of a business, contracts etc.

Mike Ashley buying the company in his ‘Shut up and take my money’ manner was a one off, and not one reputable companies/potential owners are going to repeat.

Those processes take weeks because we are in a cue and having our checks done. I'd be surprised if Stavely's backers are in a similar situation.

In fairness, you can get acquisitions done pretty quickly if the parties are willing (big 'if' there with Ashley).  DD for a business as relatively simple as NUFC shouldn't take much more than 2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks.

Excuse my impatience and desire to get the fraud away from the club and city but regardless of the fact that It may take months to sort out, it takes a split second for Ashley to not turn up for a meeting to sign the completion paperwork as has been speculated in the past.  Just hope this isn't yet another chapter in the Mike Ashley 1000 ways to con a football crowd just ahead of the transfer window book.

Rather than things go quiet, it needs to be reiterated that Ashley has failed on the football front and he isn't welcome here any longer.

I can't see how Ashley could possibly be strengthening his position by getting all our hopes up of a takeover and then smashing them against the rocks and not buying anyone in January :lol: It's like the worst possible thing he could do to the football club. There'd be absolute hell on.

He'd devalue the club and hurt his chances of future sales. It just makes no sense.

I can't see how Ashley could possibly be strengthening his position by getting all our hopes up of a takeover and then smashing them against the rocks and not buying anyone in January :lol: It's like the worst possible thing he could do to the football club. There'd be absolute hell on.

He'd devalue the club and hurt his chances of future sales. It just makes no sense.

Neither does many of the things he's done here.

No and that's not what I was posting. Your "don't be daft " comment should be directed at the idea that you or me buying a car or house is in anyway indicative of the current possible takeover timescale doncha think ?

Neither does many of the things he's done here.

The things he has done in the past have made sense....to him, sportsdirect and his bank balance.  This would make no sense to him or his bank balance. That's the difference.

I think we'd probably know by now if there were any genuine showstoppers in the books, or if the asking price was way beyond reasonable. So no news is good news IMO.

Exactly. No news is probably very good news at the moment.

This.

It will happen don't worry, he wants out and has other things to spend his money on!

Doubt he needs the money for anything else, however he'll know it's highly unlikely he'd be in such a good position to sell again without having to invest.

Guest Howaythetoon

It will happen don't worry, he wants out and has other things to spend his money on!

Doubt he needs the money for anything else, however he'll know it's highly unlikely he'd be in such a good position to sell again without having to invest.

Can't disagree with your latter point like.

I think a cool 300m + in his own pockets wouldn't go amiss mind, nice Xmas present!

Guest milburn990

Yeh, seems to be that the deal is off.

Michael Martin from TF will be posting an update later on if you want a believable source.

How much later?  :blush:

Ashley is the owner of a Premier league club that doesn't cost him a penny to run and if it sells he will make millions in profit, it's the exact opposite of Ellis Short at Sunderland so whats his rush to sell ?