Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Exactly as I expected. Ashley, of course. The only thing he puts above money is his passionate hobby for basic, lying cuntishness.

Nah mate, Dokko had Staveley and PCP sussed ut months ago, they've just been taking the piss. No reason to doubt Ashley's side of the story here, it's not like he's got previous for this sort of thing.

We need to stop giving him our money, boycott every game, stop buying merchandise etc.

It is serious now. He has been offered a decent profit to basically fuck off but would rather we went through absolute misery. Hope the fat cunt dies soon.

Am I the only one who think the bids are deteriorating? I think the the first bid is the best, and last bid is the worst.

Eh? The bids won't supersede one another, they're just different options.

I'd imagine they're based on feedback received from Ashley's side. All in all I'd say the three are fairly comparable and mostly just differ in whoever pays the insurance policy for when things don't go to plan (HMRC case outcome and relegation)

They line up with everything that was reported in the press.

First Ashley was willing to accept installments for 'substantial payments', then he wanted more money, then wanted rid of the clauses. It's exactly as we've been told all along.

Yup. Grim that he hasn't even had the courtesy to formally decline the final offer yet felt the need to run to Sky and spill his venom. Can't say I'm surprised, but how he keeps getting away with it for many of our fans and most of the media I will never know.

Glad she gave that interview and we finally know the truth about what has gone on, though the thought of what might have been was absolutely gutting to read. I 100% am inclined to believe her take on everything over Mike Ashley every day of the week. As he's been proven to do time and time again, he's fed the media with a bucket full of lies, which has then been passed down to us.

Mike Ashley is the lowest form of scum and I seriously hope he loses every penny of whatever fortune he has, whether he's the owner of the club or not. He absolutely has to get his comeuppance one of these days.

Now we're left just having to hope and pray that Amanda Staveley and PCP come in with a new bid and don't give up on us just yet. We seriously need this to happen.

Man reading her interview makes this all the more gutting. I actually wish she was a chancer as this would be a lot easier to take.

All 3 bids were perfectly reasonable and all made sense. Mike Ashley is the absolute worst man. God help us in being rid of this terrible person one day.

This could have all  been wrapped up by December and left us in a great position to get players in and just be in a fantastic place ... urgh.

He clearly wants near 300m at a minimum, no clauses involved.

Her best offer is currently 250m really, maybe more dep on clauses in the second. He's not going to accept a 50m if we make the champs league clause.

He's tried to smoke her out to a better offer after his "oh we totally have another interested buyer" scarcity tactic which obviously didn't work.

Will rightfully get some stick in the stands, I hope. Odious fucking cretin.

The Staverly interview will just crank up the public pressure on Ashely. Problem is it's the teenager syndrome of parents nagging the kid to do something. We all know he will sit there, dig his heels and be defiant even when it's in no one's best interest.

We are royally screwed and stuck with this cunt.

I do wonder whether all this simply comes down to proof of funds. On at least two separate occasions over the years we've heard that Ashley demands proposed buyers to put up some actual cash before taking things any further. Why he would expect this to be entertained I'm not quite sure, but if it's his way of doing things then maybe it's as simple as that. AS has submitted bids, but Ashley doesn't believe they're genuine?

Sorry to be a total poindexter but....

Get a grip. Yes we're all angry about this but seriously...posting death threats or inciting criminal or violent acts really isn't smart, when they can be used in evidence against you further down the line.

:facepalm:

Time to start setting fire to his precious Sports Direct shops up and down the country. Hurt him where he actually cares.

I’ve been reading up. If we held a peaceful protest outside of his HQ by blocking in the delivery truck then it would be legal providing the roads we block are public roads (or we have permission from the landlord) and the police were given an advanced warning. Looking at the map of the area there is only 2 entrances to the warehouse which can both be blocked by blocking the roads outside of it (they appear to be on public land but would need clarification).

Blocking his wagons for just 1 day would result in millions being lost for SD, blocking it for a few days or working week would hit them considerably.

It may sound laughable to suggest and a bit extreme, but surely there is only so much we can take. Our fans won’t leave SJP in the numbers and timescales needed for Ashley to take note. SD being unable to run effectively would make him sit up and take note and no doubt the other shareholders and board members would be very pissed off at him for his shit landing on their doorstep.

I do wonder whether all this simply comes down to proof of funds. On at least two separate occasions over the years we've heard that Ashley demands proposed buyers to put up some actual cash before taking things any further. Why he would expect this to be entertained I'm not quite sure, but if it's his way of doing things then maybe it's as simple as that. AS has submitted bids, but Ashley doesn't believe they're genuine?

That's something that could be resolved surely? Far more likely for my money that he just doesn't want to sell and just doesn't even enter into negations. Reading between the lines there he's only ever told her what he disliked about her offers but never actually made a counter offer of any sort, something that her side could work with. Of course, putting a counter offer in carries the risk that the other side match it and you would then have to actually sell the asset.

Get a grip. Yes we're all angry about this but seriously...posting death threats or inciting criminal or violent acts really isn't smart, when they can be used in evidence against you further down the line.

Because people are obviously going to carry out these crimes ffs :lol:

Time to start setting fire to his precious Sports Direct shops up and down the country. Hurt him where he actually cares.

I’ve been reading up. If we held a peaceful protest outside of his HQ by blocking in the delivery truck then it would be legal providing the roads we block are public roads (or we have permission from the landlord) and the police were given an advanced warning. Looking at the map of the area there is only 2 entrances to the warehouse which can both be blocked by blocking the roads outside of it (they appear to be on public land but would need clarification).

Blocking his wagons for just 1 day would result in millions being lost for SD, blocking it for a few days or working week would hit them considerably.

It may sound laughable to suggest and a bit extreme, but surely there is only so much we can do. Our fans won’t leave SJP in the numbers and timescales needed for Ashley to take note. SD being unable to run effectively would make him sit up and take note and no doubt the other shareholders and board members would be very pissed off at him for his shit landing on their doorstep.

Great plan. Sunday night, see you there!

Just hope that Staveley is willing to throw in at least one more bid.

Would say hope this offer pressurises Ashley but nothing seems to do that.

Because that would make a difference wouldn't it? it's quite obvious he has no real intention of selling.

Because everyone's sounding so rational and level-headed right now, you mean?  :lol:

Because everyone's sounding so rational and level-headed right now, you mean?  :lol:

Everyones taking the piss man, like anyone is being serious. :lol: