Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bit of straw clutching in here but surely he must be sailing close to the ground in terms of fit and proper persons tests for the premier league?

He’s not running us as a sporting club, just as a massive billboard for his shithole sports business.

Howay man, as if they'd give a rat's arse.

Bit of straw clutching in here but surely he must be sailing close to the ground in terms of fit and proper persons tests for the premier league?

He’s not running us as a sporting club, just as a massive billboard for his shithole sports business.

Is it the Bundesliga where some rule means the squad and infrastructure have to be invested before balance sheets and profits etc?

If that gets introduced he's fucked.

I don’t think it matters once you own the club. He will have already passed the test before he bought us?

There’s examples of football league and conference directors who have been struck off. I’m sure that radgepacket from Leeds was as well...

I know some think he just doesn't give a fuck but I'm convinced there's an element of spite in there as well.

Think our chances of a new striker disappeared for good around the time the fat cockney bastard chants resurfaced.

I know we've tried to rationalise his shit decisions in the past but honestly what's in it for him this time not spending any of the TV money? Carrying on like this is surely only of any benefit if he starts taking money out of the club to pay back the debt he's 'owed'.

Even if this deliberate sabotage/gamble pays off, if he doesn't draw any money out of the club and won't sell the fucking thing what on earth is the point?

Yes I get the SD advertising thing obviously but that doesn't explain why he'd go so far out of his way to gamble with the status of that advertising vehicle.

Fuck me I hate him.

Same reason as last January. He rolled the dice and got promotion without spending another penny. This time he probably thinks he can leave it to Rafa keep us up, 17th will do. Plenty of other clubs in the mix, Rafa probably got this. He's that much of a fucking idiot and a cunt.

Yeah I get that but to what end if he's only going to keep the cash in the club?

Increases sale value having cash in the bank, can start using it to clear down the loans he's made to the club.

Well yeah that's what I'm saying I think, I mean if he starts taking money out of the club then at least there's motive behind it. What I can't live with atm is how random and shite it all seems.

It's literally soul destroying. We aren't a sporting entity, we are money making machine with a bit of a roulette factor from lack of investment. If Ashley could finish 17th every year with minimal to no investment for the next 20 years he would do it. He's actively trying to do so.

I know some think he just doesn't give a fuck but I'm convinced there's an element of spite in there as well.

Think our chances of a new striker disappeared for good around the time the fat cockney bastard chants resurfaced.

Except he does the same thing every transfer window whether we call him a fat cockney bastard or not.

Went to bed extremely angry after yesterdays events, woke up still angry but just so sick of all this now.

I gave up my season ticket when Keegan was essentially forced out and I remember saying then the only way to get him out was a mass boycott and go to extreme lengths (I'm not even sure that would work). He's pulled the same tricks for over ten years and he's still getting away with it, it's criminal to run any business like that let alone a once proud and thriving football club. Ashley and his various accomplices have dismantled and ultimately destroyed this club which is nothing short of an absolute tragedy.

I totally understand and admire the fans still going and backing Rafa and the team which just makes the entire situation even more galling, amazing fan base, big stadium, world class manager and all that is undermined by what Ashley does so any potential or positivity is just instantly extinguished by one man and his ludicrous nonsensical decisions.

Ultimately barring miracle we'll go down, Rafa will leave and the club just lurches to another completely preventable disaster.

Guest The Little Waster

Went to bed extremely angry after yesterdays events, woke up still angry but just so sick of all this now.

I gave up my season ticket when Keegan was essentially forced out and I remember saying then the only way to get him out was a mass boycott and go to extreme lengths (I'm not even sure that would work). He's pulled the same tricks for over ten years and he's still getting away with it, it's criminal to run any business like that let alone a once proud and thriving football club. Ashley and his various accomplices have dismantled and ultimately destroyed this club which is nothing short of an absolute tragedy.

I totally understand and admire the fans still going and backing Rafa and the team which just makes the entire situation even more galling, amazing fan base, big stadium, world class manager and all that is undermined by what Ashley does so any potential or positivity is just instantly extinguished by one man and his ludicrous nonsensical decisions.

Ultimately barring miracle we'll go down, Rafa will leave and the club just lurches to another completely preventable disaster.

The fans who are still going are not amazing ... They are the problem

Nice one mate.  Cheers.

Good post.

I walked away after the Pardew out boycott, and said I'd never go back unless he sold up or genuinely showed some ambition. Was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and the McClaren relegation season was the first I'd missed since 1978.

Even though we'd been relegated, I thought keeping Benitez and more importantly backing him, was a sign of ambition (of sorts) and I started going back, as my lad was keen to go too. Really enjoyed last season, as although it wasn't pretty at times, there was a buzz about the place again.....I actually started to like my club again. On the strength of that, I got season tickets for me and my son in the Gallowgate Upper for this season.

For all his mistakes in the past, Ashley had a chance to build on the good vibe at the club created by Rafa, even a modest amount of investment would have seen us comfortably in mid table. But of course, that's not the Ashley way and I believe his current stance of not investing in the squad, and not accepting the PCP money is a brazen two fingers to Benitez and Staveley who have called him out in public, and shown him out to be the lying, two-bob bully that he is.

That'll be it for me at the end of this season, I've had enough.......and I'll not be changing my mind this time around.

It's just made it clearer than ever that Ashley will never to do anything to benefit us on the pitch, and everything depends on the takeover. If Rafa works a miracle and keeps us up, then we're sold, we have hope again. Any other outcome and we're fucked.

Whether we're sold is a hundred times more important than whether we stay up.

Attempts to support Newcastle United during the last 10 years have proved exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time. It is only right to let Mike Ashley know that there is no point in following this ridiculous excuse of a football club at the moment.

It's just made it clearer than ever that Ashley will never to do anything to benefit us on the pitch, and everything depends on the takeover. If Rafa works a miracle and keeps us up, then we're sold, we have hope again. Any other outcome and we're fucked.

I admire you thinking like that Ian but personally I've had to accept that the takeover is dead and that Ashley isn't ever selling.

I don't have the energy to hope any more.

I admire you thinking like that Ian but personally I've had to accept that the takeover is dead and that Ashley isn't ever selling.

I don't have the energy to hope any more.

I'm not saying I think it will happen, the takeover looks unlikely as you say. I'm just saying that's the only scenario where it's worth supporting the club any more.

WallsendMags ears are burning right now :lol:

Guest reefatoon

He has made me hate Football. Fat horrible c***

I don't watch football anymore.  He's just sucked all the joy out of it.  I guess this makes me a bad fan or whatever, but... nah, just not worth it.

Totally agree with you. Get absolutely no joy out of watching football anymore and that is thanks to the last 10 years of watching us.