Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Proof things can and will get better one day...this was the PSG team 10 years ago this week...

Mickaёl Landreau–Marcos Ceará, Mario Yepes, Zoumana Camara, Sylvain Armand – Willamis Souza (Bernard Mendy, 59′), Clément Chantôme, Jérémy Clément, Mamadou Sakho (David Ngog, 67′) – Amara Diané, Pedro Pauleta

Aye, since Rafa came we've had at least 4 or 5 huge sliding doors moments that Ashley's made sure have gone badly and will likely ruin the club for the foreseeable future. We'll never ever attract a manager like Rafa again unless we're bought by someone with insane levels of money.

I don't think it's an exaggeration at all to say that the future prosperity of the club hinged on this January and that's it's now over, Ashley's ensured that.

The hope of Signings, Survival, Rafa staying, and the club being sold vs No signings, The nigh on certainty of Relegation, Rafa leaving, and no sale.

Unless by some absolute Rafa-fueled miracle we stay up, the chain reaction of the latter has started and the club will be as dead as its ever been. It's unbelievably depressing.

I understand the unrest, frustration and/or apathy from missing out on players & tonights results going against us - but we're not nigh-on-certainly relegated like. Unless people are strategically lowering expectations/hope to avoid disappointment. Teams around us haven't strengthened THAT much, and we were competing fine before and haven't often slipped into the bottom 3 this season if at all. We had a good chance of staying up before this month began - most would have agreed with that statement - and we still do now. Nothing is decided yet and fans throwing in the towel will affect players on the pitch in home games, as much as they won't like to hear it. Back the team whilst Rafa is here, would be the least I ask of fans losing interest.

I don't go to matches anymore so it makes little difference really. I'm just saying what I see, I see a team that's relegation fodder. To me it's nailed on now and I've had that opinion about January since August, so it's not like I'm knee-jerking.

Aye, I'm not saying you in particular, I mean fans at home games generally. Not accusing you of a knee-jerk reaction either, I'm just offering a different perspective based on the football that has been played and is still to be played. Easy to get caught up in this transfer business malarkey and lose sight that we're not exactly doing appallingly bad on the pitch this season and still stand a fair chance of surviving.

Aye, since Rafa came we've had at least 4 or 5 huge sliding doors moments that Ashley's made sure have gone badly and will likely ruin the club for the foreseeable future. We'll never ever attract a manager like Rafa again unless we're bought by someone with insane levels of money.

I don't think it's an exaggeration at all to say that the future prosperity of the club hinged on this January and that's it's now over, Ashley's ensured that.

The hope of Signings, Survival, Rafa staying, and the club being sold vs No signings, The nigh on certainty of Relegation, Rafa leaving, and no sale.

Unless by some absolute Rafa-fueled miracle we stay up, the chain reaction of the latter has started and the club will be as dead as its ever been. It's unbelievably depressing.

I understand the unrest, frustration and/or apathy from missing out on players & tonights results going against us - but we're not nigh-on-certainly relegated like. Unless people are strategically lowering expectations/hope to avoid disappointment. Teams around us haven't strengthened THAT much, and we were competing fine before and haven't often slipped into the bottom 3 this season if at all. We had a good chance of staying up before this month began - most would have agreed with that statement - and we still do now. Nothing is decided yet and fans throwing in the towel will affect players on the pitch in home games, as much as they won't like to hear it. Back the team whilst Rafa is here, would be the least I ask of fans losing interest.

Issue isn't that we're guaranteed relegation (honestly, I wouldn't know, I haven't been watching the games.)  Issue is that staying up is pointless.

I have to disagree, staying up is very important and could mean everything in terms of keeping the manager and potentially being sold.

Proof things can and will get better one day...this was the PSG team 10 years ago this week...

Mickaёl Landreau–Marcos Ceará, Mario Yepes, Zoumana Camara, Sylvain Armand – Willamis Souza (Bernard Mendy, 59′), Clément Chantôme, Jérémy Clément, Mamadou Sakho (David Ngog, 67′) – Amara Diané, Pedro Pauleta

Any of them available like?  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Issue isn't that we're guaranteed relegation (honestly, I wouldn't know, I haven't been watching the games.)  Issue is that staying up is pointless.

Under Ashley, yes. The hope is that we're sold after staying up. We go down and that definitely doesn't happen.

Any of them available like?  :lol:

Ngog? :lol:

Pauleta would be our best striker even at 44 :lol:

Under Ashley, yes. The hope is that we're sold after staying up. We go down and that definitely doesn't happen.

I don't think which league we're in materially affects our attractiveness to a potential buyer.  Just the asking price.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think which league we're in materially affects our attractiveness to a potential buyer.  Just the asking price.

Yes, but Rafa being here does. That's been specifically mentioned by Staveley.

He must know surely that it'll cause unrest this man? He's been lucky the last two windows because of the support for Benitez, but he can't hide behind him any longer.

Unfortunately an unrest that doesn't effect him in the slightest; only the players on a Saturday afternoon when the fans are on their backs after 10 minutes due to the pent-up frustration from his below standard ownership.

He must know surely that it'll cause unrest this man? He's been lucky the last two windows because of the support for Benitez, but he can't hide behind him any longer.

He'll be nowhere near it. He'll not give a fuck.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/sit-in-protest-burnley-h-1-feb-2018/

SIT IN PROTEST – Burnley (h), 31/Jan/2018

BY MICHAEL MARTIN • JANUARY 30, 2018 • NEWS • COMMENTS (1) • 1913

A group of lads who are not affiliated to any organisation but who feel strongly that some action should be taken to register dissatisfaction at Ashley’s desperate running of Newcastle United have asked us to promote an action they are behind.

They are asking supporters to remain in their streets at the FT whistle and register protest in what is now sadly the traditional way. You all know the words to the songs.

They are asking that stewards are not abused in any way. They are not the enemy. When asked to leave, please do so but then make your way to the Milburn Stand main entrance and continue the protest until 11pm when the window officially closes.

This is not being organised by true faith or any formal supporters group.

We will participate ourselves and hope this who feel the same join with this protest and spread the word accordingly.

All the best.

:rolleyes: Wonder if they'll still do it if we win?

Protesting at who ? It's not like the Gordon Mcgeag days where the board were locked in St James most home games, nobody important will be there