Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It’s got the point where I hate it when people write stuff like that, just seems to make it more likely he’ll fuck things up just to spite them :lol:

More so the fact that the Chronicle have spent years licking his hoop. They are only doing this because they know he’s on his way out.

Of course. When Amanda's finished discussing her blueprint for the club with you over email, no doubt she'll slam that £350m bid in and get the thing done.

Stifler, man. Ashley isn't selling. Stop trying to get people's hopes up.

It's lunacy really, if a deal was going to be struck the time to make it as a buyer was after the Arsenal game when our PL status was secured, there's been literally zero movement, and with the transfer window opening in the next few weeks, there is very little time for a new owner to finalise the deal before another transfer window closes.

Ashley is here for the foreseeable, we just have to accept it, maybe Ashleyout.com can start putting the pressure on again but he's not a Pardew type coward who will shy away from conflict.

The future is still very bleak for us unless somehow Rafa stays and is backed with a reasonable kitty.

Unfortunately it seems Mike Ashley won't even let the club use its own money. The longer training ground improvements are put off the more expensive they will be to do in the future. Ashley probably wants the next owner to pay for it. If he paid for it now (from the clubs own money) he could just add the cost to his NUFC price.

Logic never seems to apply when it comes to Ashley and decisions about NUFC. I can understand keeping the club in the black being a good thing. I don't think anyone would have a problem if the club could only spend what it earns. The problem comes when those potential earnings are reduced by free adverts for Sports Direct.

Unfortunately it seems Mike Ashley won't even let the club use its own money. The longer training ground improvements are put off the more expensive they will be to do in the future. Ashley probably wants the next owner to pay for it. If he paid for it now (from the clubs own money) he could just add the cost to his NUFC price.

If he uses £5m of the club's cash to make £5m of improvements, then the value of the business should be largely unchanged.

The training ground is honestly embarrassing for the level we play at. It's irritating in the extreme that it hasn't been updated

Too many places where you can fall over

Dietmar Hamann dissed us publicly when he went to Liverpool, didn't he, saying something like "Newcastle don't even have a real training ground lolz."

Cunt.

I don't think we did at the time, it was around then that we moved from Durham university to our own facility in little Benton, we had been without our own training ground since we sold off the Benwell shithole.

From a recent Mark Douglas tweet, from the club/fan forum.

"While also suggesting no plans to expand or sell SJP. Doesn't make "commercial" sense."

"Commercial" sense, to Mike Ashley?

Suggests to me that Ashley has at least explored that option (of making a small fortune through developing the land Vs fireselling the club without a ground, for a big loss.... and whether he escapes with a profit) and crunched the numbers.

Nothing is ever off limits, with this man.

"While also suggesting no plans to expand or sell SJP. Doesn't make "commercial" sense."

Suggests to me that Ashley has at least explored that option (of making a small fortune through developing the land Vs fireselling the club without a ground, for a big loss.... and whether he escapes with a profit) and crunched the numbers.

The land the ground is on isn't his to sell/develop.

Guest reefatoon

I really do hate how cheap Newcastle have become under Ashley

Totally agree with you. Over the last 11 years he has constantly made out that we are a small club with nothing, and ran us that way to fit his shit agenda. He must hate seeing Rafa coming out with all the "big club" comments as he has tried so hard to make us small time.  Wish he would just fuck off.

The land the ground is on isn't his to sell/develop.

True, but I wonder if the council would jump at (approve) a major commercial project (involving a consortium headed by MA) that would generate a ton of local jobs ie. a multi-level retail complex/entertainment precinct, with direct to public transport/rail facilities.

It would be naive to think that Mike Ashley hasn't at least explored the feasibility of selling SJP, considering that he has been branching out into some major land (commercial) development projects as of late.

The council do not own the land, it is owned by the Freemen of the City and is covenanted for recreational use. They can't just stick a Cineworld on there.

And the council would be terrified of NUFC moving away from the city centre as it would actually cost jobs as fewer people would be in town before a game. The club used this stick when getting the approval to expand to 52k.

The land where the Arena currently stands will be up for grabs soon apparently

Its gone man, its going to be student accomodation, residential and retail space.

Its gone man, its going to be student accomodation, residential and retail space.

Cant wait

It's kinda no coincidence, that this statement (re: Douglas' tweet, and I assume a question was posed at the forum) was made, considering the stadium's 'protected' status expires in 2019. I believe the NUST's application was approved in '14 - I assume NUST will re-apply. Sure there are obstacles in place, concerning redevelopment and the criteria which must be met. Anybody must have rocks in their head if Ashley hasn't at least thoroughly explored all options, and crunched the numbers before ultimately ruling it out because it doesn't make business/commercial sense (to him).

Guest chopey

Cant wait

Thank goodness, I was getting really worried about the lack of student accomodation in Newcastle city center just now.