Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Newcastle needs new residential flats in the city as well, the options at the moment are properly shit. I guess the profit just isn't there to justfiy building them, milking students is more lucrative.

It has one of worst rates for residents living in the city center in the country.

Newcastle needs new residential flats in the city as well, the options at the moment are properly shit. I guess the profit just isn't there to justfiy building them, milking students is more lucrative.

It has one of worst rates for residents living in the city center in the country.

Always found that weird, such a quiet city center, pretty decent traffic and transport and very affordable. Basically just needs more nice flats with river views, I'd buy one. I guess they haven't been a good long-term proposition because prices never go up and rents are quite cheap too.

Always found that weird, such a quiet city center, pretty decent traffic and transport and very affordable. Basically just needs more nice flats with river views, I'd buy one. I guess they haven't been a good long-term proposition because prices never go up and rents are quite cheap too.

They are going to build along the riverside by the arena.

Guest neesy111

They've been saying that area is going to be done up for years.

There is nowhere else available now, its happening along with all that industrial land behind the train station.

There is nowhere else available now, its happening along with all that industrial land behind the train station.

Yeah, that’s going to be called the Stephenson quarter where there is quite a few being built, nice looking ones as well.

Long term I think Science City will have some as well (old brewery site).

Also they are in the process of building the city’s tallest tower which will be for residential use next to Nexus house.

Far too many student accommodation blocks going up- and very ugly ones too. It really is endangering the beauty of the city.

Definitely needs more residential flats.

Genuine question but how do new residential flats look better than student flats?

Not seen a decent new build, aesthetically.

This cunt dead yet? Die in a fire you fat bitch.

I'm canny desperate so i'd accept any form of death tbh.

Ideally I'd like to see him suffer but aye, anything will do.

Far too many student accommodation blocks going up- and very ugly ones too. It really is endangering the beauty of the city.

Genuine question but how do new residential flats look better than student flats?

Not sure, but assume it's to do with students being desperate for accommodation - so they will make bank even without spending extra on appearances. People buying a flat are thinking of appearances, so it matters more. Hence it's "cheaper" to just throw up some blocks for students than working on making things look pleasing to the eye to attract buyers.

Plenty of them around.

Guest firetotheworks

Seems a bit strange to ignore the Champions League and Premier League survival money.

I'm sure there are all sorts of existing bonuses. But we're already asleep. An extra six million quid between them would probably help wake a few people up.

Isn’t there a rule that all bonus need to be pre agreed.

Edit: football league regulation but I’m sure the PL is the same or similar

“full details of all payments to or benefits paid in cash or in kind on behalf of players must be included in the standard contract", while any bonus must "form part of the contract" and confirmed before the beginning of the season.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/mike-ashley-thanks-rafa-players-and-fans

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has thanked Rafa Benítez, the players and the club’s supporters following the club’s tenth-place finish in the Premier League.

The Magpies secured a place in the top half with a 3-0 victory over Chelsea at St. James’ Park on Sunday.

The owner said: "I would like to thank Rafa Benitez for his magnificent achievement this season.

"I would also like to applaud the players, led fantastically by the captain Jamaal Lascelles. 

"On many occasions throughout the season they have been described as a Championship side, which I personally consider to be derogatory.

"Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him.

"I hope very much that Rafa will remain at Newcastle United.

"Finally, I would like to thank the fans for their unrivalled support of Rafa and the team throughout the season."