Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's no way HoF will remain as it is, he's already mentioned the possibility of dedicating a floor to SD which will immediately lessen the stature of the place.

Mostly he'll use it to asset strip the place like he has with other brands/stores.

I work as a gardener and one of my clients (old lady, don't think she is particularly into football, but knows i'm a Toon fan) just commented on the protest outside Sports Direct without me mentioning it first, told her i was there and she said she quite agrees with it  :thup:

Then she went on about how Ashley is a disgrace etc :lol:

maybe surrounded himself with so many yes men- he doesn't know reality anymore. Hopefully the start of a failure that has ramifications right through his whole empire of tat.

He’s just a liar. I’ll just lie and lie and do my own thing regardless because I know I have the network that’ll back me up.

True Faith podcast with some Rangers fans about this fat slug

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/podcast-rangers-fans-v-mike-ashley-what-mags-can-learn/

The detail in this shows how despicable and genuinely disgusting Ashley really is. The default assumption has to be that he's done the same at NUFC. We already know the online club shop is effective Sports Direct, that the club paid £1.3m to Sports Direct last year for unknown reasons, that Sports Direct has free advertisement worth multi-millions.

It's gone from "Mike Ashley has saved thousands of peoples jobs" to "Mr Ashley has promised to keep 80% of the chain's 59 stores open" in a matter of days. That's 20% of those 16,000 jobs (HoF employs 16,000, 5,900 directly and 10,100 in concessions) likely to go soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45180451

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45140874

Wonder what his plan is with House of Fraser? Can’t imagine packing it with tat will help it become more profitable.

Sell all its loss making stores and turn them into sport directs whilst keeping its more profitable ones. It will be HoF.com everywhere soon.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/podcast-rangers-fans-v-mike-ashley-what-mags-can-learn/

That was an excellent but grim listen. No wonder Staveley’s due diligence took so long.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if some of Mike’s stipulations, clauses and ties were the reason the whole thing fell through. £300m with clauses or £400m without probably.

There can’t be any let-up on the protest activity against Ashley. This has to be just the beginning of a long campaign if that’s the way it has to be.

That was an excellent but grim listen. No wonder Staveley’s due diligence took so long.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if some of Mike’s stipulations, clauses and ties were the reason the whole thing fell through. £300m with clauses or £400m without probably.

There can’t be any let-up on the protest activity against Ashley. This has to be just the beginning of a long campaign if that’s the way it has to be.

100% worth a listen. :thup:

Terrifying to think what deals he's trapped the club in.

The detail in this shows how despicable and genuinely disgusting Ashley really is. The default assumption has to be that he's done the same at NUFC. We already know the online club shop is effective Sports Direct, that the club paid £1.3m to Sports Direct last year for unknown reasons, that Sports Direct has free advertisement worth multi-millions.

They nailed it.  What stuck out for me was one of guys from Rangers say tgey were given a loan they never needed.  Hmmm

Martin Samuel - another clueless / Bishop'd cretin

Ashley made the summer's best signing

Even if the pre-planned closure of 31 House of Fraser stores goes ahead, Mike Ashley’s takeover is likely to save upwards of 11,000 jobs. So, of course, through football’s distorted lens, the benefit of this is being weighed against Newcastle United’s need for a striker, and cover at left back.

‘At least we now know where all the money has gone in Newcastle, which sort of sums the football club up under this owner,’ sniffed Alan Shearer, equating the disparate strands of Ashley’s business, as if 11,000 individuals, families, mortgages and household budgets, should really be balanced against the noble quest for a slightly higher than mid-table finish.

Now we can all see there is a bigger and more successful club in waiting at Newcastle. That they have a fine manager in Rafa Benitez who would surely thrive given a more significant budget and an ambitious brief.

So Ashley’s critics have a point. It is time to start looking up at what Newcastle might be, rather than settling for a mundane Premier League existence. Yet to imply the £90million spent on House of Fraser would be better invested in Newcastle squad men displays the most blinkered vision and sense of priority.

If you are one of the 11,000 or more House of Fraser employees that will be spared the Job Centre, you may feel a little aggrieved to be told that your new employer’s money would have been more usefully spent on defensive cover.

Particularly if this advice comes from a millionaire former professional footballer — as well-intentioned as Shearer’s opinion might be. And no, Ashley did not buy House of Fraser for altruistic reasons. He spied a business opportunity, because he is a businessman, and clinched a deal for £390m less than Chinese conglomerate Sanpower paid for House of Fraser in 2014.

Yet a handy by-product of this is that a minimum 11,000 jobs will be preserved.

Yes, there are hard negotiations ahead over the 10,000 pension fund members, plus money owed to suppliers and concession holders.

It is far from a perfect solution; but when companies go bust it rarely is.

Ashley’s Newcastle takeover in 2007 was also the answer to a financial crisis. The reason the club were on the market was that Sir John Hall and the Shepherd family had run up short-term debts of £70m and recorded substantial further losses. Hall had been trying to sell his stake for three years and Ashley paid off £144m in external debts.

Indeed, for a club with such untapped potential, it is hard to think of a time in more than a decade when Newcastle hasn’t been for sale. The first reports that Ashley was looking to cash in emerged in 2009 when a compensation claim from Kevin Keegan was considered to have endangered the club’s future, and he would certainly sell now for the right price.

It makes the angry entreaties to get out of Newcastle ever more ironic. Ashley would: he just can’t find a buyer ready to take the chance he did 11 years ago.

How do these people get away with this shit? :tickedoff:

Wonder what his plan is with House of Fraser? Can’t imagine packing it with tat will help it become more profitable.

Sell all its loss making stores and turn them into sport directs whilst keeping its more profitable ones. It will be HoF.com everywhere soon.

For what it’s worth a few years ago he had a big fallout with Intu, the owner of shopping malls which includes the Metrocentre, and the majority of Eldon Square. As a result he pulled all of his Sports Direct stores and USC stores out of their shopping centre’s. I can see him pulling all the HOF stores out the Intu shopping centre’s. I would have said that he’ll probably use HOF as leverage to get better rents for SD stores, however HOF will be wanting to gain reduced rents and Intu have no reason to cave into their demands.

Guest chopey

He has no intention of selling the club. The only way it will ever happen is if his other businesses go to shit.

We can all do our bit to help ?

How dare you !! 17000 Christmases have been saved this year because of Mike Ashley