Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Always interested to hear what renowned criminal Dennis Wise has to say.

His mate Tony Jiminez back from the good old days of taking the piss out of Kevin Keegan was up in court recently as well, I think that was another football related scam.

Days before her husband’s bankruptcy, she sent a message to businessman Darius Khakshouri, to whom she was once close, saying: ‘We have nothing left’.

Khakshouri understandably offered no sympathy: in the February High Court case the judge ruled that Cash and his friend Tony Jimenez had lied to Khakshouri about their being 'in control' of Charlton Athletic FC, and owed him more than £3 million in damages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5983947/Grade-II-listed-mansion-years-expensive-country-home.html

Still at it like a good un.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11471635/dennis-wise-defends-newcastle-owner-mike-ashley

"Unfortunately whatever he does, he will constantly take stick. It's as simple as that," said Wise, who spent just over a year as an executive director early in Ashley's tenure at St James' Park

"There are a lot of people out there that don't help the situation. They want to bring it onto him.

"People complain about them not spending enough money but if you trade well at a football club and you're able to bring players in and take players out and make money, I don't see what the problem is with that."

"I thought they competed extremely well against Spurs," Wise told Sky Sports News.

"I look at Newcastle and I think they're a team who will be in a comfortable position by the end of the season.

"I think Rafa's actually turned around and said they have improved their squad so that says it all really doesn't it?"

It's almost like we hadn't been relegated twice (despite being top 7 in terms of income) and nearly relegated a further 3 times! Not to mention the impending blow that will be losing a world class manager because of being messed around/lied to by an owner who won't let the club spend the money the club itself has generated.

Jesus wept - Bishop going into overdrive

Yeah, and Sheik Mansour should have bought HMV and the Glazers should have bought Woolworths. Didn't see those news stories being thrown around, so why is this any different?

Cunts. They all need taking down. Everyone complicit in this. People and organisations need to see what happens to those who take Bishop's pound so that they tell him to GTF when he calls them asking them to spout this tripe.

What is the other that has appeared in the last 3 years?

Rugby League Magic Weekend maybe?

Possibly but that's a big receipt for something that gets only around 30K iirc.  Plus wouldn't the Super League take the majority of the wedge and just pay us to rent the stadium?

Not sure how it works regarding how revenue is split but the aggregate attendance over the 2 days is usually around 65-70k.

Can't think of what else it could be tbh.

The cheek of those hugely loaded alternatives. Guess we know where some of our transfer profit is going. Fuck me, that whole thread has me fuming.

It's by design mate. The whole show is just a bullshit ruse to get people to phone in on their pay per minute lines.

The more antagonistic they are and the more they cherry pick morons to give airtime to, the more frenzied angry fans will phone in.

Ignore it. Talk Sport is a radio station targeted at idiots - listen to the clip of everyone they put on air. Cockney Liverpool supporters, the only NUFC fans who wanted to keep Pardew and think Ashley is great, Leeds fans who think they're going to win the Champions League within 3 years.

Don't lower yourself.

What is the other that has appeared in the last 3 years?

Rugby League Magic Weekend maybe?

Possibly but that's a big receipt for something that gets only around 30K iirc.  Plus wouldn't the Super League take the majority of the wedge and just pay us to rent the stadium?

Not sure how it works regarding how revenue is split but the aggregate attendance over the 2 days is usually around 65-70k.

Can't think of what else it could be tbh.

Concerts? Didn't Magic Weekend go back to the Etihad one of those years?

The cheek of those hugely loaded alternatives. Guess we know where some of our transfer profit is going. f*** me, that whole thread has me fuming.

It's by design mate. The whole show is just a bullshit ruse to get people to phone in on their pay per minute lines.

The more antagonistic they are and the more they cherry pick morons to give airtime to, the more frenzied angry fans will phone in.

Ignore it. Talk Sport is a radio station targeted at idiots - listen to the clip of everyone they put on air. Cockney Liverpool supporters, the only NUFC fans who wanted to keep Pardew and think Ashley is great, Leeds fans who think they're going to win the Champions League within 3 years.

Don't lower yourself.

:clap:

The cheek of those hugely loaded alternatives. Guess we know where some of our transfer profit is going. f*** me, that whole thread has me fuming.

Don't lower yourself.

Stick that on their twitter.

Don't lower yourself.

As bullshit and tedious as they are, there's still people reading and thinking that's perfectly fine logic. Those people might of course be too far gone already, but no reason not to call Durham up on his  garbage.

Guest chopey

The way Ashley has come out of this smelling of roses is nothing short of unbelievable !!!

He saved Newcastle by doubling our debt and relegating us twice and now he's saved 17000 jobs even though there was a better offer on the table with a deal to save people's pensions and not take 10% of their pot away.

It must cost Keith Bishop millions to keep this positive Ashley propaganda in the press.

The TS stuff is wind-up drivel of course, but it does serve to highlight the importance of keeping supporters' complaints based firmly on the factual rather than fanciful. Our cause not being helped by Stelling and Shearer alluding to the idea that we haven't spent any money because it was all going to by HOF.

So instead of the rightful stance based on our continued transfer profits, the HOF story is sent up as the test balloon and then shot at.

The TS stuff is wind-up drivel of course, but it does serve to highlight the importance of keeping supporters' complaints based firmly on the factual rather than fanciful. Our cause not being helped by Stelling and Shearer alluding to the idea that we haven't spent any money because it was all going to by HOF.

So instead of the rightful stance based on our continued transfer profits, the HOF story is sent up as the test balloon and then shot at.

They are the gutter man. They would have derived that conclusion whether we’d raised it or not. I’m not sure what dog they’ve got in this fight. Bishop has a lot of tendrils

Ashley did not buy HOF with NUFCs income  :lol:

Maybe not directly- But I can guarantee he looks at his full hand of businesses, and then looks at the capital and cash flow for each, before he makes a purchase (HoF)- so the fact NUFC had a large cash income due (TV money) he would have had more confidence to spend elsewhere- so if even its not going out of the business directly, Ashley will see it all as his capital and do what he thinks will grow for him.

Cunt.

There is a charge in the accounts still outstanding from 2016, its for Benton training ground which is registered to St James Holdings (listed at Ashley's home address) lending the facilities to the club.

NUFC is listed as a borrower, Im not sure if its loaned to the club free of charge as no specific amount is listed. But it does mention cash in the terms of the agreement.

The fat b@stard has a very tight grip on the club, its going to take a hell of a job for someone to undo.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/08/must-read-put-these-financial-figures-together-for-newcastle-brighton-and-huddersfield-it-tells-a-stunning-story-newcastle-united/

Newcastle United

2017/18: Net spend +£20m (£39m spent and £17m from players sold)

2017/18: Net spend -£22.7m (£23m spent and £45.7m from players sold)

Newcastle estimated total net spend/profit since promotion is £0.7m net profit

Huddersfield

2017/18: Net spend +£46m (£51m spent and £5m from players sold)

2017/18: Net spend +£29.3m (£42.9m spent and £13.6m from players sold)

Huddersfield estimated total net spend/profit since promotion is £75.3m net spend

Brighton

2017/18: Net spend +£59m (£59m spent and £0m from players sold)

2017/18: Net spend +£59.9m (£67.4m spent and £7.5m from players sold)

Brighton estimated total net spend/profit since promotion is £118.9m net spend