Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/08/must-read-put-these-financial-figures-together-for-newcastle-brighton-and-huddersfield-it-tells-a-stunning-story-newcastle-united/

Newcastle United

2017/18: Net spend +£20m (£39m spent and £17m from players sold)

2017/18: Net spend -£22.7m (£23m spent and £45.7m from players sold)

Newcastle estimated total net spend/profit since promotion is £0.7m net profit

Huddersfield

2017/18: Net spend +£46m (£51m spent and £5m from players sold)

2017/18: Net spend +£29.3m (£42.9m spent and £13.6m from players sold)

Huddersfield estimated total net spend/profit since promotion is £75.3m net spend

Brighton

2017/18: Net spend +£59m (£59m spent and £0m from players sold)

2017/18: Net spend +£59.9m (£67.4m spent and £7.5m from players sold)

Brighton estimated total net spend/profit since promotion is £118.9m net spend

Still ignores the incremental incoming from the previous year like

There is a charge in the accounts still outstanding from 2016, its for Benton training ground which is registered to St James Holdings (listed at Ashley's home address) lending the facilities to the club.

NUFC is listed as a borrower, Im not sure if its loaned to the club free of charge as no specific amount is listed. But it does mention cash in the terms of the agreement.

The fat b@stard has a very tight grip on the club, its going to take a hell of a job for someone to undo.

Wait a second. You are saying he has removed the training ground form the clubs ownership to his own property company?

Can you show me where this is in the accounts?

I told him to shave his lives off his hands like.

He can go ahead and report me, I’ve done nowt illegal.

I don't even know if you know what you've said never mind Keys.

There is a charge in the accounts still outstanding from 2016, its for Benton training ground which is registered to St James Holdings (listed at Ashley's home address) lending the facilities to the club.

NUFC is listed as a borrower, Im not sure if its loaned to the club free of charge as no specific amount is listed. But it does mention cash in the terms of the agreement.

The fat b@stard has a very tight grip on the club, its going to take a hell of a job for someone to undo.

Wait a second. You are saying he has removed the training ground form the clubs ownership to his own property company?

Can you show me where this is in the accounts?

Its filed under charges and its the only one outstanding.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00031014/charges/ydE5jbbmPGuDe2ovP2r7nbKjAPc

"Persons entitled

St James Holdings Limited

Brief description

Properties including the rear sports ground at darsley park whitley road benton newcastle upon tyne t/n TY495657 and TY495790 for more details please refer to schedule 2 of the instument.

Contains fixed charge.

Contains floating charge.

Floating charge covers all the property or undertaking of the company.

Contains negative pledge."

Page 7 of the pdf file

http://i65.tinypic.com/10eini0.jpg

I could well be wrong mind.

Ah, TotalSport on BBC Newcastle is back, how I missed shite like this (typing as I listen)

"I just wanna come on and give support for Mike Ashley for what he's done for the club"

"People forget the state we were in before he took over, we could have gone down like Leeds"

"Yeah we've been relegated when he's been in charge, but we kept the squad together and came straight back up which he deserves credit for"

"Everybody would have been happy if we spent £50m on Rondon and Kenedy, but now we have them for free for a season!"

"Rafa is in charge and we didnt get a LB or RB which we need"

"We will be more than competitive with Wolves and Bournemouth" :spit:

"until there's a level playing field, you're never gonna compete with the top 4 to 6 teams"

The world really does have far too many people in it when you hear/read stuff like that.

We could lose a fair old percentage and actually improve the human gene pool at the same time.

Some of 'our fans' really are gullible morons.

As for the talkshite brigade: Durham, Cundy and sadly Gough too, they are just shock jocks playing for cash cow calls. Horrible station on the whole, god help us when they start destroying the cricket coverage too.

Ah, TotalSport on BBC Newcastle is back, how I missed shite like this (typing as I listen)

"I just wanna come on and give support for Mike Ashley for what he's done for the club"

"People forget the state we were in before he took over, we could have gone down like Leeds"

"Yeah we've been relegated when he's been in charge, but we kept the squad together and came straight back up which he deserves credit for"

"Everybody would have been happy if we spent £50m on Rondon and Kenedy, but now we have them for free for a season!"

"Rafa is in charge and we didnt get a LB or RB which we need"

"We will be more than competitive with Wolves and Bournemouth" :spit:

"until there's a level playing field, you're never gonna compete with the top 4 to 6 teams"

giphy.gif

How the hell has match day income dropped off in the last 10 years? Id guess were the only club in that situation as well.

In an ideal world we'd be able to say "Its probably because the matchday staff are getting generous yearly raises and bonuses well above inflation, which is keeping the costs high."

But it's Ashley so it's safe to assume that's not happening.

If I recall it’s because Ashley has out sourced everything to private companies (Programs, Catering, Bars etc) so it doesn’t matter if 1 person goes to the game or 52k go to the game the money is the same set (low) amount. So all the profits go to the private companies. I’ll not insult your intelligence further by telling you who owns these private companies and gets most of the money instead of the club being able to maximise it. All I will say is guess who wins again :lol:

Yeah this was what I was getting at. Too many people have said to me that these things don't actually lose the club any money so its nice to see some figures showing it clearly does  :lol:

I know I shouldn't let it bother me but I've got the chronicle on Facebook and it properly gets me down seeing the replies to the protests.

The wums and mackems are easy to spot, it's the supposed NUFC fans views that really shock me. Usually older fella's who just say he already has your money, he's too rich to care, he doesn't work at that sports direct etc. Whilst totally ignoring whats actually happening and how much this stuff is actually pissing Mike and his mates off.

Yes, he's not going to pack up and fuck off tommorow because there was a protest outside sports direct, but it's a constant nuisance to him, like a wasp just hanging around fucking everything up.

I know I shouldn't let it bother me but I've got the chronicle on Facebook and it properly gets me down seeing the replies to the protests.

The wums and mackems are easy to spot, it's the supposed NUFC fans views that really shock me. Usually older fella's who just say he already has your money, he's too rich to care, he doesn't work at that sports direct etc. Whilst totally ignoring whats actually happening and how much this stuff is actually pissing Mike and his mates off.

Yes, he's not going to pack up and fuck off tommorow because there was a protest outside sports direct, but it's a constant nuisance to him, like a wasp just hanging around fucking everything up.

Totally depressing.