Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As for Richard Dunne, don't think he even has an agenda, just thick as pig s***.

Richard Dunne is a certified piss head.

The rest though, got Bishops hoof prints all over it. 100% they have a narrative that these ex players & managers are more than happy to swallow.

If all of these fuckers appearing on sky are or have recently been represented by KBA, should we be complaining to Sky about it? Has to be some sort of conflict of interest, or are they supposed to give a balanced view of things?

Am surprised the local journos haven’t written more about this.

Come on man, there always needs to be 2 sides to a discussion or else what's the point? Should Shearer be allowed to comment about us as sure he has a bias towards NUFC. Carragher got a champions league medal under Rafa - should he be banned from supporting him?

Fact is, a lot of people will give Ashley a lot of credit for "helping" us to get promoted after relegation unlike clubs like Sunderland, Aston Villa etc.

I'd much rather these morons were given a voice so that people like Jenas and Humphrey can make them look stupid, by using the actual facts rather than spouting shite with no substance.

Anyone neutral watching surely would have been firmly swayed on to our side of the argument....

Exactly, the counter to well he funded you to get promotion is we shouldn't have been anywhere near relegation anyhow. It's only because off Ashley we have been. Like I've said it's like someone taking over Everton or Tottenham now and relegating them

If BT Sport have any integrity they'll not let Rio be a pundit for a Newcastle game whilst he has business with the man.  Blatantly was trying to find a pro-ashley spin when there wasn't one to be had. 

Think it's overstretching it a tad to include Rio like. What he said wasn't that bad.

If it was most pundits I'd agree it was just some stupid passing comments. But the fact he's financially in bed with Ashley alters that for me.

Think it's overstretching it a tad to include Rio like. What he said wasn't that bad.

If it was most pundits I'd agree it was just some stupid passing comments. But the fact he's financially in bed with Ashley alters that for me.

Worth registering complaints re this bias??

What does everyone think??

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email//c/6564

Worth registering complaints re this bias??

What does everyone think??

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email//c/6564

Done.

Obviously as a BT customer I'm absolutely incensed and considering my options.

Ditto.

I know it may seem a bit 'green ink brigade' but can't hurt in the battle.

Not much we can do (other than not listen/watch) to idiots like Durham/Keys/Gray etc on their respective shit channels and stations, and call them out on their bullshit on social media.

But channels openly employing his 'cronies' or business partners/associated people then I think it's fair game for us to have our say back.

Guest reefatoon

Yep, totally agree and that’s why he was added, not just for his shite comments.

There is a conflict of interest and he cannot be impartial with his ties to MA.

Good governance would have brought this to light before he got airtime to spout his s***. He should not be anywhere near our coverage in the future.

It's war...he's on the list.

" But it was ur money" why would he even say that over and over..prick

Guest firetotheworks

Na he's on the list like

That presenter and Jenas were good though

Fuck off with your opinions as facts bollocks please.

He works for BT Sports and they were good to us on the whole.

This is fair. I guess it's harsh we're moaning about Ferdinand's shit opinion when we keep complaining that we just want a bit of balance, and that's what happened with him getting pulled up on it.

Just watched it and I'm actually glad that I did, because it's refreshing to hear major pundits on major broadcasts actually speak the truth, even if it's forced-into in response to total claptrap. Fair play to Jenas.

"It's not your money" ffs. When will people get it into their thick skulls that we don't want Ashley's money? We want to be allowed to spend the club's own money! Humphrey, to his credit, actually said that in as many words. Rio's response? "Yeah but it's not your money." So congrats to him on not having working ears/braincells.

Guest firetotheworks

That's fair enough. For me it doesn't make what he said worse than it was. It was a throwaway comment that was met head on by the other pundits and Rio conceded.

I think putting him in with the likes of Wise, Bishop, Keys etc is daft considering the vast contrast in what they've said and done. Who's next? Anyone who questions us? We're in danger of getting a bit tin foil hat with this stuff imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Yep, totally agree and that’s why he was added, not just for his shite comments.

Added? He's a full time BT Sports Pundit.

That's fair enough. For me it doesn't make what he said worse than it was. It was a throwaway comment that was met head on by the other pundits and Rio conceded.

I think putting him in with the likes of Wise, Bishop, Keys etc is daft considering the vast contrast in what they've said and done. Who's next? Anyone who questions it? We're in danger of getting a bit tin foil hat with this stuff imo.

:thup: That's fair. Backpeddled a bit a couple of posts above.

Also think reefa means added as in adding him to his picture.

I want him to put money in to the club for advertising because he's used us as an advertising vehicle for a decade. But I'd much rather he just didn't use us as an advertising vehicle for his companies and got proper sponsorship deals in place.

If he kept good on this bullshit 'self-sufficient' policy, he wouldn't need to put money in. But he doesn't really allow us to do that.

If he ran us like a normal football club, actually maximising the potential revenue streams, there's no reason we couldn't swiftly become the club with the best chance of breaking up the top six. All without him needing to prop up the finances.