Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, haven't read it all yet, but it starts about the fans expectations ("belief among fans that they should be challenging for honours every season") then the first few paragraphs talks about how we haven't done/won anything for years - almost like its setting it up for, just accept what you've got/Mike.  :huff:

Also this...

Newcastle United are for sale, with Mike Ashley said to be looking for between £200m and £300m to sell.

Aye, and the rest.  :rolleyes:

If the price was between £200m and £300m, he'd have sold by now.

KPMG: light on analysis, big on glib soundbites

From what I can see most of the stuff in the article and that Matt Scott is saying is absolute crap.  I'm not an accountant so I do not necessarily know the modelling of bank debt, but to say the debt was unsustainable due to it being 15.5% of turnover is just wrong.  Debt is usually calculated by a bank of the relationship between debt and EBITDA/operating profit.  I haven't done the sums, but from what I can see in the accounts in the 2000s, the EBITDA was easily high enough to support the debt.