Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He has never had any intention of selling.  Do you know anyone who has had their car, business or house up for sale for ten years and not managed it? 

Even if Hitler was alive and living on the moon he would have sold his bungalow by now.  It's just spin and lies.  The chronicle and all who write in it are clueless

Newcastle is a cash cow for him, he won't sell unless he gets a huge offer,

NUFC is no cash cow, mind. Milk it slightly too much and most of the udders fall off.

The club has made a chunky surplus over the last 12-24 months, but everyone knows that to ensure the PL cash keeps coming that money needs to be used on improving the squad and the facilities.

He's running it on a championship budget, even if we go down he'll have that surplus he can use to give us a good shot at coming back up. The squad and facilities don't need to be top notch if we get relegated either. It's a cash cow whichever division we are in, he just cuts his cloth accordingly.

Here is Douglas' bit from the Q&A blog...

Third question: Mike Ashley says the club is for sale. Do you know of any interested parties in NUFC?

I know of interest: I can tell you there are at least two interested parties I’ve been told about (one would be PCP Capital, who retain interest but not at the prices being quoted). But whether it ever amounts to anything more than that is the £400million question.

Or should that be £300million, because two weeks ago I was told friends of Mike Ashley were saying he would accept an offer in that region if there were no clauses attached to it. The same person said he was fed up with football - although I’ve heard that before.

I thought the weekend column we ran by Neil Mitchell detailing the problems potential investors have had dealing with Ashley was instructive.

Neil is someone who has been at the front line of this and wrote: ‘His behaviour and negotiation tactics, his disengagement from the process and the hands off attitude he takes are similar to his ownership of the club.

‘They all serve to disrupt, upset and frustrate buyers to the point the deals break down, it leaves a bitter taste and Ashley’s PR machine portraying him as the unfortunate victim of it all.’

I would think that when he does sell - and he will, eventually - it will be done quickly because whatever it is that is encouraging him to hang on to Newcastle at the moment is no longer his biggest motivation. It could be an overnight deal that catches us all out.

Until then, I’ll be watching fan movements and Benitez’s future with interest. They are both key to what happens next, in my opinion.

He's running it on a championship budget, even if we go down he'll have that surplus he can use to give us a good shot at coming back up. The squad and facilities don't need to be top notch if we get relegated either. It's a cash cow whichever division we are in, he just cuts his cloth accordingly.

It's nothing like a championship budget- each time we've gone down the club has run out of cash during the season. OK we might have some cash sitting spare this time but promotion isn't assured.

Here is Douglas' bit from the Q&A blog...

Third question: Mike Ashley says the club is for sale. Do you know of any interested parties in NUFC?

I know of interest: I can tell you there are at least two interested parties I’ve been told about (one would be PCP Capital, who retain interest but not at the prices being quoted). But whether it ever amounts to anything more than that is the £400million question.

Or should that be £300million, because two weeks ago I was told friends of Mike Ashley were saying he would accept an offer in that region if there were no clauses attached to it. The same person said he was fed up with football - although I’ve heard that before.

I thought the weekend column we ran by Neil Mitchell detailing the problems potential investors have had dealing with Ashley was instructive.

Neil is someone who has been at the front line of this and wrote: ‘His behaviour and negotiation tactics, his disengagement from the process and the hands off attitude he takes are similar to his ownership of the club.

‘They all serve to disrupt, upset and frustrate buyers to the point the deals break down, it leaves a bitter taste and Ashley’s PR machine portraying him as the unfortunate victim of it all.’

I would think that when he does sell - and he will, eventually - it will be done quickly because whatever it is that is encouraging him to hang on to Newcastle at the moment is no longer his biggest motivation. It could be an overnight deal that catches us all out.

Until then, I’ll be watching fan movements and Benitez’s future with interest. They are both key to what happens next, in my opinion.

Tbf, even Douglas doesn't seem to take spin that seriously, he's reporting what he's heard, then qualifying that by saying we've heard it all before, and Mike Ashley is a massive cunt...although not in so many words.

This latest 'story' stinks of Bishop and it's an attempt to take the heat off Ashley - with recent events. Thankfully most of us are savvy enough to see it for what it is and call it out as such.

I cant decide if he is really shit at PR or really good. On the one hand he doesn't seem to be doing very good job at the moment but on another hand is it the fact that even with all the best PR in the world Ashley was eventually going to get found out by everyone and their dog and he has done well to keep a lid on it until now.

We got duped last season by that whole Amanda Staveley crap. Kept us well off his back.

Articles like this appearing to me seem like they are bare faced lies coming from inside the club. They know us well by now.

They know a takeover treasure trail will consume the majority of posts on social media or on forums for the season, thus taking pressure off them. (Which also leads me to believe they’ve been feeling pressure)

Going after his brands and leaving bad reviews will hurt them, we should be stepping it up on this. If any business has a poor online presence, it can’t not affect them. It’s petty as f*** but this is the level he’s brought us down to.

Public protests are fine too, but that’s not really going to hurt his pocket as much as the online campaign.

He’s here forever unless this club suddenly becomes too hot to handle. Only we have the ability to bring this about.

Duped how? That wasn't some orchestrated plan by Ashley. Unless you think the likes of Caulkin were "duped" by it as well? Is it not more realistic to think that perhaps Ashley is just a c*** to negotiate with?

I’m not bringing Caulkin into this at all, journos can be duped just as easily as us. Ashley would have known Staveley didn’t have the cash quite early doors but when she attended the Liverpool game he’ll have seen the storm created by that (or Keith Bishop) and immediately realised that this would occupy us for the year.

All it takes is a few well placed comments from “someone inside the club” and an official “no comment” for rumours to get legs.

He pulled the exact same shit in the transfer window last summer and got very little flack compared to this year. Why wouldn’t they try it again?..

We should be wise to all their tactics by now. We’ve to double down now while they’re back tracking.

We got duped last season by that whole Amanda Staveley crap. Kept us well off his back.

Articles like this appearing to me seem like they are bare faced lies coming from inside the club. They know us well by now.

They know a takeover treasure trail will consume the majority of posts on social media or on forums for the season, thus taking pressure off them. (Which also leads me to believe they’ve been feeling pressure)

Going after his brands and leaving bad reviews will hurt them, we should be stepping it up on this. If any business has a poor online presence, it can’t not affect them. It’s petty as f*** but this is the level he’s brought us down to.

Public protests are fine too, but that’s not really going to hurt his pocket as much as the online campaign.

He’s here forever unless this club suddenly becomes too hot to handle. Only we have the ability to bring this about.

Duped how? That wasn't some orchestrated plan by Ashley. Unless you think the likes of Caulkin were "duped" by it as well? Is it not more realistic to think that perhaps Ashley is just a c*** to negotiate with?

I’m not bringing Caulkin into this at all, journos can be duped just as easily as us. Ashley would have known Staveley didn’t have the cash quite early doors but when she attended the Liverpool game he’ll have seen the storm created by that (or Keith Bishop) and immediately realised that this would occupy us for the year.

All it takes is a few well placed comments from “someone inside the club” and an official “no comment” for rumours to get legs.

He pulled the exact same shit in the transfer window last summer and got very little flack compared to this year. Why wouldn’t they try it again?..

We should be wise to all their tactics by now. We’ve to double down now while they’re back tracking.

She did have the cash, caulkin has seen proof of the bids

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/13/house-of-fraser-customers-lose-chance-of-refund

Says it all ... cunt can’t be trusted and will pull any stroke to get what he wants . Damn right he duped Caulkin and Stavely as well as the fans

The guy truly is an absolute despicable devious greedy piece of shit. The lowest of the low and will do absolutely anything to get his greasy paws on more cash just look at who hes repeatedly lied to and deceived even his own fucking parents who set him up

This cunt should be put down like a rabid dog how the hell we ever ended up with this cunt is beyond me. Shame on you John Hall fucking shame on you

A little more than a month after the media were defending him saying he’s not as bad as he’s made out to be and that he’s going to save HOF, thousands of jobs, and the British high street.

Now they realise that they have been lied too and that after all he really is a cunt. I guess at the end of the day they are going to have quite a few bad headlines to print as each HOF store closes, wash customer and supplier being left out of pocket, and each staff member losing their job. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up selling HOF off to Phillip Day for a slightly increased fee.

"Last week one customer who had ordered an undelivered sofa entered the Darlington store with friends and removed the sofa she had bought. Staff called the police, who pulled over her van as she drove home, but officers let her continue when she showed them the receipt."

More of this please

"Last week one customer who had ordered an undelivered sofa entered the Darlington store with friends and removed the sofa she had bought. Staff called the police, who pulled over her van as she drove home, but officers let her continue when she showed them the receipt."

More of this please

I hope people just start doing that, even if it’s just little small items that they ordered.

More of this please

Holy shit. Fucking heroes. I hope this hits enough people and sets others off.

More of this please

It was on Tyne Tees News - fair play to the police http://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-07/mum-had-no-choice-but-to-make-off-with-house-of-fraser-sofa/

More of this please

:clap: