Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Id be very disappointed if it was renamed but would maybe turn a blind eye to it if we seen the money it raises end up being spent on the first team and the club. 

Its fun to speculate and its a while since weve felt this hope that change is coming but i think people are getting ahead of themselves.

I second people being mad to be ok with changing name of stadium for a bit of dosh.

I think people are getting a tad carried away, nothing has happened yet for certain. I for one would still be delighted if we're bought by a sensible owner who will run us benevolently even if they don't have mroe money than god and there's only a moderate increase in investment (like being able to spend money the club earns even). Of course the owners will want stuff out of the club but change the name of the stadium? I don't want us to become another tacky branded team.

Renaming the stadium again would be terrible, don't give a s*** if they've got loads of money or what.

Even Barcelona, who for years opposed sponsorship on their shirts, had to accept sponsorship money to remain competitive. NUFC are no different as long as it isn’t something like Wonga Dome I haven’t got a problem[emoji857]

Barca will probably give a sponsor the right to add on their name to the Nou Camp pretty soon. It is what it is at this point.

To me it is not something we have choice. I think it is something that 90% will happen, no matter the new owner is just a normal one aiming for maximising commercial revenue, or Man City esque that their sole aim is to tell the world how "great" they are.  The stadium name, to them, is extremely essential for marketing their name.

I don't think you can rename an existing stadium with the amount of history that St James has, not one that old. If a company came in and wanted to name a stadium it'd have to be a whole new ground, I'm not sure how I'd feel about leaving St James though.

They won't change the name, lads :lol: It was one of the few PR disasters MA actually admitted to. It would be a no-go from the off.

It was a PR disaster because we got nothing for it. Even just looking at some of the replies on here will show that quite a number wouldn't be too bothered if it was well worth it financially.

In an ideal world it remains SJP but in all honesty if it was renamed with a brand in front and then the name SJP behind it so be it.

If it means we are finally owned by people who are committed to making the club challenge and bringing in top players and managers to the club and area then again so be it. Far better a rename than a move imo.

Far from being ideal but in the greater scheme of things it's a minor consideration for me and I am quite a traditionalist in many ways.

I just want MA and his talent-less lackeys out, gone, cast from memory, new owners in and a new era of success for us to all enjoy.

It will always be SJP to me anyway.

They won't change the name, lads :lol: It was one of the few PR disasters MA actually admitted to. It would be a no-go from the off.

It was a PR disaster because we got nothing for it. Even just looking at some of the replies on here will show that quite a number wouldn't be too bothered if it was well worth it financially.

It's bound to cause a split. No one wants to lose the name because of the heritage, but no one wants to chug along in the bottom half of the table with someone like Pardew in charge either. Money is crucial to compete at the top, and we'll just have to see if losing the name ends up being part of it. Hopefully not.

It's bound to cause a split. No one wants to lose the name because of the heritage, but no one wants to chug along in the bottom half of the table with someone like Pardew in charge either. Money is crucial to compete at the top, and we'll just have to see if losing the name ends up being part of it. Hopefully not.

And sponsorship is a huge way round FFP I think. (Isn't that how Man City get round it, sponsor the training ground and Stadium for ridiculous amounts ?)