Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't trust the story considering the source, but saying Kenyon wouldn't come in with a similar £200m bid than Staverley's seems a might foolish, both will do due diligence and come up with a value of the club not just based on gut instinct, they may well both come up with £200m as a fair market price and Ashley is drastically over valuing it because he a) doesn't really want to sell and b) if he does have to sell, lives in hope of some mad billionaire massively overpaying him

That could be the biggest hurdle in all of this. If Kenyon's consortium or another investment group is buying a club as a business interest it has to make financial sense. 

If due diligence shows the club to be worth £100m less than Ashley is asking, due to the low value of playing staff, poor training facilities, stadium needing updating etc. that isn't a sound investment and a lower offer makes sense. Kenyon could hardly go back to his backers and recommend that they pay £300m for a club that is actually worth £200m.

That could've been why Staveley walked away, maybe she was serious after all but pissed Ashley off because she proved he was overpricing the club.

She wasn't serious. She was a big a player as Ashley.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

I for one trust Dokkos gut feeling and Mike Ashley more than the likes of Caulkin.

I trust Caulkin, but he was fed 3rd hand news and spun a yarn. It was a clever campaign from her, in the end though not serious enough to come back at any time in the last year, even when interest has sparked again by other bidders.

Not sure if she was just an Ashley pawn, the setup meal makes me think so.

Guest firetotheworks

I for one trust Dokkos gut feeling and Mike Ashley more than the likes of Caulkin.

I trust Caulkin, but he was fed 3rd hand news and spun a yarn. It was a clever campaign from her, in the end though not serious enough to come back at any time in the last year, even when interest has sparked again by other bidders.

What do you mean by 3rd hand news? He met her a couple of times.

What did she stand to gain from not being a serious bidder?  She didn't get any good publicity from the bid and, in any event, she doesn't work an industry where good publicity makes a difference.  If anything, not making a serious bid would damage her reputation.

He sat in her living room for an interview with her iirc.  I would say the reason she hasn't come back is because Ashleys a piss taking cunt, and he also rejected 3 offers from her.  Guessing it gets to a point where you realise you aren't going to get the deal you want.

Someone from another toon forum, he isn't a bullshitter.

"I'm not in the know, but just got a call from someone i trust.

They are claiming the takeover is all but signed and new will break in the next week or so.

I went through the whole bullshit claims and he is adamant that its done and its come from the accounts department within the club.

If this is indeed true - happy f***ing days.

Kenyon is the man and if he is involved then I am happy to believe we will become a sporting club again, as opposed to whatever the f*** we are and have been in the last decade."

These always start with ‘someone who isn’t a bullshitter’ and includes ‘someone I trust’

Always people who will have had to sign an NDA to even know the news, yet feel the need to break said agreement to tell people on social media.

We’ll know if and when it happens, not before. Any “leaked” news is either bullshit or, no, just bullshit.

He’s here forever.

He sat in her living room for an interview with her iirc.  I would say the reason she hasn't come back is because Ashleys a piss taking cunt, and he also rejected 3 offers from her.  Guessing it gets to a point where you realise you aren't going to get the deal you want.

Ashley called up Sky when he was pissed to call her a time waster ffs, it's pretty clear why she couldn't be bothered dealing with someone like that after such an incident.

Also, let's not forget it was Ashley who, in the original for sale statement, claimed he would welcome staggered bids, which she offered.

These always start with ‘someone who isn’t a bullshitter’ and includes ‘someone I trust’

Always people who will have had to sign an NDA to even know the news, yet feel the need to break said agreement to tell people on social media.

We’ll know if and when it happens, not before. Any “leaked” news is either bullshit or, no, just bullshit.

He’s here forever.

I imagine if anyone inside the club was going to know about a takeover it would be the finance department and even if an NDA had been signed stopping either buyer or seller from speaking about details of the takeover, it doesn't stop someone from inside the club leaking information. I'm pretty sure that's how the vast majority of insider share trading is done.

Since Ashley went on tv there’s been a ‘report’ every day yet we’ve learned nothing new really. Tells you everything about the press

The press have been relatively low key on the rumours tbh, almost as if they don't believe themselves after the previous sales turned out to be horseshit.

He’s here forever.

I imagine if anyone inside the club was going to know about a takeover it would be the finance department and even if an NDA had been signed stopping either buyer or seller from speaking about details of the takeover, it doesn't stop someone from inside the club leaking information. I'm pretty sure that's how the vast majority of insider share trading is done.

Christ, I sign NDAs every month just for small projects within the company. I’d be sacked and sued if I disclosed any information around them until the project is classed as closed. Never think “i’ll go stick this news on twitter” but I guess Carl in payroll might think otherwise, maybe?

He’s here forever.

Christ, I sign NDAs every month just for small projects within the company. I’d be sacked and sued if I disclosed any information around them until the project is classed as closed. Never think “i’ll go stick this news on twitter” but I guess Carl in payroll might think otherwise, maybe?

I get what you're saying but this one wasn't on Twitter, it was person to person (apparently) so risk is minimised.

Would everyone within the club be asked to sign an NDA? Wouldn't it just be solicitors and the potential buyer?