Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

These always start with ‘someone who isn’t a bullshitter’ and includes ‘someone I trust’

Always people who will have had to sign an NDA to even know the news, yet feel the need to break said agreement to tell people on social media.

We’ll know if and when it happens, not before. Any “leaked” news is either bullshit or, no, just bullshit.

He’s here forever.

I imagine if anyone inside the club was going to know about a takeover it would be the finance department and even if an NDA had been signed stopping either buyer or seller from speaking about details of the takeover, it doesn't stop someone from inside the club leaking information. I'm pretty sure that's how the vast majority of insider share trading is done.

Christ, I sign NDAs every month just for small projects within the company. I’d be sacked and sued if I disclosed any information around them until the project is classed as closed. Never think “i’ll go stick this news on twitter” but I guess Carl in payroll might think otherwise, maybe?

I get what you're saying but this one wasn't on Twitter, it was person to person (apparently) so risk is minimised.

Would everyone within the club be asked to sign an NDA? Wouldn't it just be solicitors and the potential buyer?

In my experience, anyone working on, or with access to the information around the deal. So if someone in accounts has anything to do with it, they should be asked to sign an agreement.

Of course, people do talk, but anyone in a high enough position to know about this won’t be the type to leak it.

The only person leaking info is Bishop.

Someone from another toon forum, he isn't a bullshitter.

"I'm not in the know, but just got a call from someone i trust.

They are claiming the takeover is all but signed and new will break in the next week or so.

I went through the whole bullshit claims and he is adamant that its done and its come from the accounts department within the club."

@Trusted_Accounts_Dept_Employee_In_Peace

I say as someone in finance who has had detailed and light touch exposure to NDAs in business or part of business sales that anyone who let anything out the bag - even to a colleague - would be frog marched straight into a disciplinary.

There will be rumours of course and some of these will become 'fact' but these cant be trusted at all as nobody outside the NDA will know anything

Friend of a Friend In Peace, here.

First of all, you've got a great football club and great fans. Not like those dirty mackems up the road. We all have a soft spot for your team and see you as a club we could easily share scarves or merge crests with. Perhaps even a Friendly Cup. Anyway, Thommo says deal done and I trust him.

Everyone who works for Newcastle United signs a media agreement saying they'll not share any information they might know or hear regarding the operational status, players, and staff of Newcastle. Even the community coaches have to sign one of those. I can't imagine someone in accounts is going to tell someone that the takeover is done, maybe as a joke to mess with the person who kept asking them everyday if it was 'done yet'.  :lol:

He sat in her living room for an interview with her iirc.  I would say the reason she hasn't come back is because Ashleys a piss taking cunt, and he also rejected 3 offers from her.  Guessing it gets to a point where you realise you aren't going to get the deal you want.

Ashley kept upping the price, then a couple of her backers invested their money elsewhere, and she was interested again, but would have to find some new backers or wait for her original backers to have some funds available to invest again.

Everyone who works for Newcastle United signs a media agreement saying they'll not share any information they might know or hear regarding the operational status, players, and staff of Newcastle. Even the community coaches have to sign one of those. I can't imagine someone in accounts is going to tell someone that the takeover is done, maybe as a joke to mess with the person who kept asking them everyday if it was 'done yet'.  :lol:

It's the same for people who work for Sodexo. If there is a story that is of interest to the media they will be briefed, on matchday, as to what they should say in response to questions.

Guest neesy111

This cunt bankrupt yet? How likely is it that his wealth is seriously taking a hit and potential suitors know this and are trying to squeeze him?

Nah. Didn't think so either.

It's all in wallpaper.

For me we are stuck in a never ending Ashley circle. He doesn’t spend money in the summer so when season starts we are near to the bottom so he decides i’ll Sell the club but still wants £300 million. Any new owner rightly thinks well I’ll give you £200 million and extra £100 million if we stay up. He thinks fuck that then when we do stay up he wants £400 million for the club, then the cycle begins again. We just have to hope someone can see the potential and see if we spend correctly Rafa will keep us up no problem. But this is NUFC we are always the nearly club.

How to read into this..

On my LinkedIn, “Walker Morris LLP in the news”

Click the link..

There’s a shields gazette article posted - “Newcastle United News: Takeover Deal edges closer as Rafa Benitez eyes Arsenal target”

Just 3 likes but one of them is Rob Aberdein who’s a partner with Walker Morris

Think this is actually happening lads!

Dua_5dRXcAEd3sD?format=jpg&name=large

Dua_5dRWoAAQ04-?format=jpg&name=large

Dua_5dPWoAA91Q3?format=jpg&name=large