Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If some reports are true about Kenyon being £100 million short of the asking price then how is the club going to be any better off with having money to spend on transfers?

Well, we could spend the money we have and get in the future for starters. Plus I can imagine that our income will rise with someone who knows to manage a football club.

How to read into this..

On my LinkedIn, “Walker Morris LLP in the news”

Click the link..

There’s a shields gazette article posted - “Newcastle United News: Takeover Deal edges closer as Rafa Benitez eyes Arsenal target”

Just 3 likes but one of them is Rob Aberdein who’s a partner with Walker Morris

Think this is actually happening lads!

Dua_5dRXcAEd3sD?format=jpg&name=large

Dua_5dRWoAAQ04-?format=jpg&name=large

Dua_5dPWoAA91Q3?format=jpg&name=large

Bedtime, maybes?

:lol:

Good old Rob has since unliked the article!

The plot thickens, pressure from above in the business to unlike the post for giving the game away?

I’d imagine so. Lawyers can be bound to strict rules concerning ongoing cases where even if it’s common knowledge that they are working on behalf of one client they still can’t say or let on that they are.

He was quick to try and cover his tracks. It doesn’t tell us much other than that his firm are actually working on this.

But for me that’s the first proper confirmation that there’s actually anything happening.

I really thought the whole lot was total bollocks before that so my excitement levels are probably a solid 5 now 🙂

It is desperate, because we are desperate :lol:

Agree it means fuck all, but no harm trying to put a bit positive spin on things is there.  We need some kind of hope.  I'm fucking desperate to be able to go to SJP again.

Is it not possible too he liked it cos he's a newcastle fan and nothing more and then deleted it cos people were reading stuff into it

He’s a partner in a large law firm. One of their top roles. Liking an article linking his firm with a takeover deal that’s close.

I noticed this at about 2am this morning. By 10am he had unliked the article. He can’t have gotten that much hassle, but obviously didn’t want any attention so immediately went online and removed his name from the likes.

If some reports are true about Kenyon being £100 million short of the asking price then how is the club going to be any better off with having money to spend on transfers?

:lol: is this a joke or something?

Although, for the protection of my sanity, I subscribe to the theory that this and last year's takeover sagas are just an excuse not to spend in the January window...

I had a suspicion that the Everton home match about this time last year was pivotal in the takeover, or lack thereof. I remember Rafa hinting something along those lines in his pre-match press conference. Had we won that match I think it may have given Staveley enough confidence that we would survive to meet Ashley's demands. In the end we narrowly lost and by the time results turned around Ashley it was too late for the takeover to happen.

If the current takeover is genuine (from both sides) I have a slight, wildly optimistic, suspicion that today's result could possibly be just as pivotal as that Everton one might have been.