Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Neil Mitchell Uncle Bingo and Paully's source by any chance? Would make sense.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middle-east-view-newcastle-takeover-13939851

Don't think he is their source as I am sure they said the person they spoke to was a journalist. That Neil Mitchell is a dentist who did some work for fanzines. @geordiedentist on twitter

Ahh I get it now, was getting mixed up.

Not really sure why anyone would think it would stay to be honest.

Not as if PCP or any other buyers would agree to it when they'll want to bring their own sponsors in. Also couldn't see it being a deal breaker for fatty when he wants out.

Not as if PCP or any other buyers would agree to it when they'll want to bring their own sponsors in. Also couldn't see it being a deal breaker for fatty when he wants out.

Aye, the biggest fear is if he decides to tie the club up to a deal with Sports Direct like he did with Rangers.

Can't see any buyer accepting that anyway, they'll want to maximise corporate sponsorship (unlike Ashley) and will no doubt have their own plans in mind.

Exactly.  Ashley's not in the driving seat this time.  Either he eventually agrees to their terms (which imo will never included an SD advertising deal), or takes the club off the market, which will be an even bigger loss for him.

Agree, but thought it was worth posting the article.

I was a bit concerned he would ask for something like 5 years of advertising and ongoing control of our retail arm.

Getting Sports Direct off the stadium would possibly be the best day of my life. That's only a slight exaggeration.

I feel quite sorry for you Ian. Every dog...

I was a bit concerned he would ask for something like 5 years of advertising and ongoing control of our retail arm.

Getting Sports Direct off the stadium would possibly be the best day of my life. That's only a slight exaggeration.

No doubt he will have done what he did at rangers. We know the club shop is basically sports direct & I have a feeling all those sd logos will be around for a while longer. It is after all Mike Ashley doing what Mike Ashley does.

Christ, I just want to open the forum one day and see the thread title changed to 'Official: PCP Capital Partners complete takeover of NUFC'

It'll happen. He'll never have a better time to sell and Staveley's obviously keen, spurred on no doubt by previous failed attempts at Liverpool. It might just take time is all.

If the cunt does fuck off, I'm looking forward to all the PFM pundits saying he was a good owner, kept the books balanced and had us 5th once...

Christ, I just want to open the forum one day and see the thread title changed to 'Official: PCP Capital Partners complete takeover of NUFC'

I'd pull my cock completely off and wave around like a football rattle if/when it does happen.

If the c*** does f*** off, I'm looking forward to all the PFM pundits saying he was a good owner, kept the books balanced and had us 5th once...

Aye, this is definitely happening like. 

How the fans never took to him because he was a southerner and all that bollocks.

Honestly couldn't give a f*** what the media has to say. Every last one is an idiot and anyone who pays attention to them are every bit as stupid.

I couldn't give a shit either. I just want him gone.

It's just slightly annoying when you hear the shit patter they come out with about us.

If the c*** does f*** off, I'm looking forward to all the PFM pundits saying he was a good owner, kept the books balanced and had us 5th once...

Misunderstood footballing magnate's family received death threats from those barbarian supporters in the North East.

Edit: those ungrateful, barbarian supporters from the North East.