Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dont know what Ashley's end game is for all of his businesses, he seems to thrive on mediocrity, even his flagship Sports Direct is getting overtaken by JD

Like to apologise to Mofo if I came across arsey replying to his posts, keep taking the bairn and hopefully one day he will see a good team with top players  :thup:

Just seen this, absolutely no need to apologise. I agree with a lot of what you say and think you are a cracking poster. Was thinking about it last night, the thing is at the moment he enjoys going, he still gets the buzz from the ground and when we get a result or a decent performance like yesterday (very seldom) he leaves the ground buzzing.. As soon that stops or gets bored I'll call it a day.

I take him to a few Dunston games and he really enjoys that so maybe a option moving forward.

I would really love to take my nieces to a game, just reluctant with Ashley though. I don’t want them to get the bug, but then disappoint them by saying I can’t take them in future.

My sister is big on making them think that despite being girls, they can do or like anything they want. They have no interest in football at the moment and the younger one of my sisters daughters has the ‘Football is only for boys attitude’ my sister doesn’t want (fair enough if she just doesn’t like it, but doesn’t want her to think she’s not supposed to like it). Ever since my sister announced she was pregnant with her first I’ve wanted to take them to the footy.

Fucking horrible this cunt is preventing me from doing that, and I imagine it’s the same for many people with nieces, nephews, sons, and daughters etc.

I still haven't a clue why he's buying into more and more failing retailers.

Cheap stock, cheap rent, no real effort to keep them open

This.

If he pays £xm for stock stores containing >£xm stock, he's quids in no matter what. He needn't care what happens to them once he's in profit on the venture.

I'd love to be able to take my 10 year old girl to the Watford game next weekend (she has been before with me when she was younger), but I refuse to because of Ashley.

This is exactly what I was talking about last week and was called up on it. If you don’t do things you want to do just because of Ashley, then ultimately he wins. Just take her. I’ve taken my 3 year old twice this season. He’s loved it, even though we lost both times. I want to have that bond with my son, and I want him to fall in love with it. Ashley won’t be here forever, and life’s too short not to make memories with my lad. Ultimately he won’t remember whether we won or lost or whether some fat bastard was ruining the club. He’ll remember the buzz and the noise in the stadium when we score, and the day he’s spent with his dad. Ashley isn’t taking that away from me or him.

Not specifically aimed at you, but I’m sick to the back teeth of the attitude on hear that you can be a better fan by not going to the games. Get over yourselves. Accept that ultimately it’s an emotional decision for a lot of people. Sure, if you take all emotion out of it, the correct thing to do is to stop going. But like it or not the emotional connection is huge for a lot of people. They are not mugs or thick or Ashley sympathisers or whatever. Everyone’s different.

Guest Howaythetoon

Like to apologise to Mofo if I came across arsey replying to his posts, keep taking the bairn and hopefully one day he will see a good team with top players  :thup:

Just seen this, absolutely no need to apologise. I agree with a lot of what you say and think you are a cracking poster. Was thinking about it last night, the thing is at the moment he enjoys going, he still gets the buzz from the ground and when we get a result or a decent performance like yesterday (very seldom) he leaves the ground buzzing.. As soon that stops or gets bored I'll call it a day.

I take him to a few Dunston games and he really enjoys that so maybe a option moving forward.

Nah, I had no right to mock or question you taking your bairn to the match and as long as he’s enjoying it that’s all that matters. At that age they are innocent and for them it’s a genuine buzz where our cynicism, bitterness, hatred and suffering should never get in the way of. The club will do that to them for us in time ;)

Again for me it’s up to NUFC to give our kids some heroes and special times so they first fall in love with the game and then club and for life.

The club is in real danger of losing a whole generation of fans though if things don’t change for the better and drastically so quickly. I also genuinely feel those that go right now are helping Ashley kill the club which will rob the future generations of a club worth supporting for the rest of their life.

Even just one full boycott would be something, a start, a stand against Ashley.

But people won’t even refrain from buying a pint.

I know you’ve been involved in past protests personally so again, I have no right to question you.

And thanks btw  :thup:

I'd love to be able to take my 10 year old girl to the Watford game next weekend (she has been before with me when she was younger), but I refuse to because of Ashley.

This is exactly what I was talking about last week and was called up on it. If you don’t do things you want to do just because of Ashley, then ultimately he wins. Just take her. I’ve taken my 3 year old twice this season. He’s loved it, even though we lost both times. I want to have that bond with my son, and I want him to fall in love with it. Ashley won’t be here forever, and life’s too short not to make memories with my lad. Ultimately he won’t remember whether we won or lost or whether some fat bastard was ruining the club. He’ll remember the buzz and the noise in the stadium when we score, and the day he’s spent with his dad. Ashley isn’t taking that away from me or him.

Not specifically aimed at you, but I’m sick to the back teeth of the attitude on hear that you can be a better fan by not going to the games. Get over yourselves. Accept that ultimately it’s an emotional decision for a lot of people. Sure, if you take all emotion out of it, the correct thing to do is to stop going. But like it or not the emotional connection is huge for a lot of people. They are not mugs or thick or Ashley sympathisers or whatever. Everyone’s different.

Like I've said before, do what you want, I don't give two shits anymore.

But you are funding it, and you should be prepared to own that. Pretending that he's winning by you not going is totally deluded. He wins when you put your hand in your pocket.

You're right that it's an emotional decision. The thought of giving money to Mike Ashley makes me feel fucking disgusted, so I'm going with that emotion. :thup:

He doesn't "ultimately win" if you don't get to do things you want to man :lol: The things and sob stories people make up to justify giving this man money.

If I had a little'un I'd probably have to suck it up for a game or two, because I'd want them to grow up a Newcastle fan, and the fat wanker will be gone one day. But I first went with me Dad when I was 7. We didn't go again until I was 12. I was still hooked (and I still grew up associating NUFC with me Dad) without the need for a season ticket.

£22m would make us break even (assuming we don’t sell anyone in January) from our summer transfer window. The club still won’t have spent anything.

doesnt matter if he gives rafa £22m or £122m if he'll only sanction players with a resale value and a price of around £10m.

its not just about how much he gives rafa - its about how he lets him use it.

My god this bloke must have took millions out of the club, by the end of this season we'll have recieved nearly £250 million off Sky alone in the past two seasons.

If I had a little'un I'd probably have to suck it up for a game or two, because I'd want them to grow up a Newcastle fan, and the fat wanker will be gone one day. But I first went with me Dad when I was 7. We didn't go again until I was 12. I was still hooked (and I still grew up associating NUFC with me Dad) without the need for a season ticket.

This ffs. My parents didn't get tickets and didn't have sky - I think I went to one game between the ages of 4-12 - and I was still a massive Newcastle fan despite barely seeing them play live or even on tv. Used to watch them in the pub whenever I could with my dad and when I did get a season ticket at the age of 15 it was brilliant. I wasn't being denied a 'right' to attend the match though - if you're taking your kids for that reason you're doing so because you want to - over and above your grievances with the owner. Just admit that, don't pretend you're doing so because Ashley would otherwise take away some sacred childhood bond you'd get with your kids  :lol:

This ffs. My parents didn't get tickets and didn't have sky - I think I went to one game between the ages of 4-12 - and I was still a massive Newcastle fan despite barely seeing them play live or even on tv. Used to watch them in the pub whenever I could with my dad and when I did get a season ticket at the age of 15 it was brilliant. I wasn't being denied a 'right' to attend the match though - if you're taking your kids for that reason you're doing so because you want to - over and above your grievances with the owner. Just admit that, don't pretend you're doing so because Ashley would otherwise take away some sacred childhood bond you'd get with your kids  :lol:

What's the difference? I want to take my kid, yes. And I'm not going to let my dislike for the owner get in the way of building those bonds with my kid.