Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest singintheastand

Here's some loans to pick from...

Worked a treat last year tbf. :lol:

Dubravka & Kenedy were great and even Slimani played a part at a crucial stage of the season.

DOH!!  :lol:

Here's some loans to pick from...

Worked a treat last year tbf. :lol:

Dubravka & Kenedy were great and even Slimani played a part at a crucial stage of the season.

More likely to be "my mate Wise has showed me some YouTube clips I can put you on to..."

Guest Howaythetoon

Woukd be interested to know how many people have season tickets and don't go. Also doesn't count if you sell your ticket to a mate  :lol:

I do admire and applaud all the folk who stop away mind I just think it makes little difference as for a lot of people (me included) it's more of a day out thing than going to watch the match.

And that right there boys and girls is the crux of the problem. Newcastle United today is to those that go nothing more than a glorified pub, the local.

A pub where mates meet up before hitting the Toon, families take their kids out to for a meal so they can have a few drinks and old codgers hang around with other old codgers comparing betting slips.

Football? Oh aye, the footy. There is that as well.

Sorry, but a day out? Is that what Newcastle United is today for people?! It is indeed. The actual football is the equiverlent of a jukebox in a pub, playing in the background.

Music? Oh aye, the tunes. There is that as well.

Anyway...

Same again luv, pint of carling for me and half a pepsi for the bairn. Can you put BBC final score on by the way, wanna check if I’ve won some money on me bet. What time do you stop serving food again? Cheers pet!

Never mind about the game today son, I’ll buy you a desert if you eat all your dinner. That pint luv?

Anyways we were never going to beat Brighton with the run they are on. At least we are not in the bottom 3 and our goal difference didn’t take a battering today eh son.

That was shite though, fucking Perez. Don’t you swear mind, your dad’s just pissed of with the way we played today. Next home game we better play some good football and it Perez starts...

That pint luv? Will miss the start of MOTD at this rate. And before you ask, no son you can’t stay up to watch it, watch it on iPlayer in the morning. Don’t you think you’ve had enough excitement for one day ha ha?

Finally! Cheers pet, do you have a straw for the bairn luv? Sit and read your programme son while dad checks his bets and please don’t spill any on it like the last time, I paid good money for that, money doesn’t grow on trees you know. Costs enough for our season tickets!

Foods here, ooh burger and chips, get stuck in son, go easy on the red sauce mind, your mam will go mad if you get any on your Toon top.

Here luv, do you have BT Sport? Can you put it on pet? Champion, howay City, you better hammer Fulham like, nice big 5-0 win for me bet. Be canny for the Toon as well if they let in a few more, gives us a better goal difference son.

GET IN, did you see that son? Aguero is some player inhe, not a patch on Rondon though eh me boy eh? What’s the song again... We Do RonDon We DoRonDon...

TOON TOON, howay sing up son. Never mind, save it for next week at the match.

If me bet comes in son I’ll get you a new top so keep your fingers crossed and don’t tell yi mam.

You want a Man City top? Got a wrongun here ha ha. Eat your food up and I’ll think about it.

Another pint luv...

Watching Newcastle United with your bairn? The best day out ever!

Poor fucking kids :lol:

Woukd be interested to know how many people have season tickets and don't go. Also doesn't count if you sell your ticket to a mate  :lol:

I do admire and applaud all the folk who stop away mind I just think it makes little difference as for a lot of people (me included) it's more of a day out thing than going to watch the match.

And that right there boys and girls is the crux of the problem. Newcastle United today is to those that go nothing more than a glorified pub, the local.

A pub where mates meet up before hitting the Toon, families take their kids out to for a meal so they can have a few drinks and old codgers hang around with other old codgers comparing betting slips.

Sorry, but a day out? Is that what Newcastle United is today for people?! It is indeed. The actual football is the equiverlent of a jukebox in a pub, playing in the background.

Anyway...

Same again luv, pint of carling for me and half a pepsi for the bairn. Can you put BBC final score on by the way, wanna check if I’ve won some money on me bet. What time do you stop serving food again? Cheers pet!

Never mind about the game today son, I’ll buy you a desert if you eat all your dinner. That pint luv?

Anyways we were never going to beat Brighton with the run they are on. At least we are not in the bottom 3 and our goal difference didn’t take a battering today eh son.

That was shite though, fucking Perez. Don’t you swear mind, your dad’s just pissed of with the way we played today. Next home game we better play some good football and it Perez starts...

That pint luv? Will miss the start of MOTD at this rate. And before you ask, no son you can’t stay up to watch it, watch it on iPlayer in the morning. Don’t you think you’ve had enough excitement for one day ha ha?

Finally! Cheers pet, do you have a straw for the bairn luv? Sit and read your programme son while dad checks his bets and please don’t spill any on it like the last time, I paid good money for that, money doesn’t grow on trees you know. Costs enough for our season tickets!

Foods here, ooh burger and chips, get stuck in son, go easy on the red sauce mind, your mam will go mad if you get any on your Toon top.

Here luv, do you have BT Sport? Can you put it on pet? Champion, howay City, you better hammer Fulham like, nice big 5-0 win for me bet. Be canny for the Toon as well if they let in a few more, gives us a better goal difference son.

GET IN, did you see that son? Aguero is some player inhe, not a patch on Rondon though eh me boy eh? What’s the song again... We Do RonDon We DoRonDon...

If me bet comes in son I’ll get you a new top so keep your fingers crossed and don’t tell yi mam.

You want a Man City top? Got a wrongun here ha ha. Eat your food up and I’ll think about it.

Another pint luv...

That is the biggest pile of shit I have ever read I would NEVER order carling..

You just gave your season ticket up this season no??

Hopefully there will be more organised protests / boycotts which we can all get behind.

Personally started going in early 70's with my dad. Went home and away during late 70's and 80's. Marriage #1 got in way a bit early 90's, marriage #2 meant move up north in mid 90's. Kept season ticket until 2012 but finally saw the light and gave up season ticket and taking my youngest daughter to games. Hurt like hell but I think it was right thing to do.

Let's hope you are right re boycotts etc especially after we lose Rafa.

Guest singintheastand

Hopefully there will be more organised protests / boycotts which we can all get behind.

Personally started going in early 70's with my dad. Went home and away during late 70's and 80's. Marriage #1 got in way a bit early 90's, marriage #2 meant move up north in mid 90's. Kept season ticket until 2012 but finally saw the light and gave up season ticket and taking my youngest daughter to games. Hurt like hell but I think it was right thing to do.

Let's hope you are right re boycotts etc especially after we lose Rafa.

My first game was West Ham home 1980 gallowgate corner,( the petrol bomb one) 90's/00 home & away been through some shite, but work/family slowed it down, totally different scenario but It's corporate bollocks now.

The chants have been pure cringe for at least the last few years.

Water off a ducks back with this cunt.

Something personal including his family would get a reaction.

Who did his wife shack up with when they separated?

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT...didn't you this season and last pop along for the odd match with your kid?

Took my now 5 year old to watch us at home to Arsenal where he ended up rooting for Arsenal and was thrilled in particular by the presence and performance of Ozil who my son, despite being only aged 4 back then, recognised and understood was a good player.

He’s familiar with Arsenal anyway because his uncle and cousin (my sister’s bloke and bairn) who lives in a country called London where Arsenal is the capital City (his words bless him) *supports them. He even has an Arsenal kit which he wanted and I bought him. I said no recently to a Pogba Man Utd kit mind...

I wasn’t bothered by any of that because its up to Newcastle United to give kids a team of heroes who they can worship and a team they can root for and get behind and at that age kids are innocent and it’s all about the players, or should be...

I get the whole parent taking their kid or kids to the match thing by the way because I’ve done it and I won’t lie they loved the whole day out if that’s what anyone wants to call it, from the bus ride into Town, a pre match hot dog which is a dad say no more treat between me and them because their mum is a Muslim, to the souvineer of a programme and then climbing - or running in their case - upto L7 of the Milburn to our seats.

As a dad, when they ran trough the entrance and into the stand, to witness my boys stopping dead in their tracks eyes wide open, breathless and jaws agape at what greeted them was special indeed. The majesty of our magnificent stadium from left the Leazes, centre the East Stand, right the Gallowgate, under foot and behind the Milburn and then of course that lush green pitch and a view reaching out to the City with the Tyne Bridge in viewshot, well, wow. Not for me, but for them, that was their exact words.

First time we beat Luton in the FA Cup, not longer after we drew 1-1 with Swansea and most recently a few months back we lost to Arsenal where the oldest (now 6) decided he didn’t want to go. Each time they loved it though.

But not so much because of the footy, but because of the day out, because it was different, something new. And I loved it as well because I was spending time with my kids and doing something that’s every father’s dream, a passage of rights, but only momentarily.

I quickly hated the whole football part of it. The silence, the football being played, the SD signs, fans turning up 15 minutes into the game, fans leaving 15 minutes before the end, fans constantly on their phones, moans and groans, the dirt, the grime and the cheapness of it all. I couldn’t wait to leave.

I looked at my kids all happy and having fun and felt sad because if our day out going to watch Newcastle every other week become a regular fixture for them and me the novelty would soon wear off and they would look upon the bus ride, the hot dog and the race to the top of L7 as the fun with the football just background noise and I don’t want that for them nor would want that to be our day out because they can have hot dogs any time, race up steps, take a ride on the bus.

Football is meant to be special...

If I took them every other week I’d be doing it for myself because that’s what dad’s do don’t we, take our kids to the match, NUFC is their home-town team, it’s in our blood, it’s our duty, no?

For me though it would be akin to taking my kids to the cinema every week to watch the same shit film again and again with popcorn, soft drinks, bus rides and racing up escalators the highlight of the day, the real fun part of going to watch a film, and even then they would soon tire of that.

There is no fun in watching NUFC or indeed going to the match. I would find it cruel on my kids if I dragged them to the match every other week and would also find it wrong to brainwash them into following NUFC all because it’s our club and I support them.

Kids need to fall in love with football, and only the game itself and the stars who light up the game can cast that kind of spell. Football needs to be magical for kids, the whole experience and not just once or now and again, but always. From playing it to watching it.

My two would soon fall out of love with football if I took them to watch Newcastle United every week and I don’t want that, I want them to experience what I did as a kid getting into football which was magical and the 5 year old has thanks to the Wold Cup and now loves football, playing it more so, his hero Ronaldo who he absolutely idolises. That’s what football is about for kids no?

I’ve fallen out of love with Newcastle nowadays, but I love football, I love playing it and there are not many better pleasures in life than watching a great game of football or great players play and that love will never leave me.

All those who pay for a seat to watch Mike Ashley’s NUFC you are killing the club for everyone, including yourselves and the next generation even if you don’t realise it. If going to the match is classed as good day out I can only conclude that Newcastle United Football Club as a football club is now dead because this isn’t football, this isn’t Newcastle United.

A club which was founded on 90 minutes of football where nothing else mattered, where going to the match wasnt a day out but a day to go and see your your beloved heroes play the game you love for the club you love. 90 minutes where anything could happen, where Hope was high and Faith was strong and heroes were born and legends made, moments immortalised, games to never forget, win lose or draw, this is football, this is my team, my club, these are my heroes.

All that is finished!

Today it’s no different to going to the pictures every week to watch the same shit film again and again and again. But hey, the popcorn is good and the seats are comfy! First of the squad back to the 3 Bulls gets the round in...

I actually hate Newcastle United today and everything it now represents, its not a football club anymore or to me anyway and it’s not something I can support nor want my kids involved with because I feel I’d be robbing them of something they deserve should they fall in love with the game. Which is something special and not some fake poorly made imitation where football is just this thing in the middle like an advert break from the main event of a big day out with the kids, the mates, drinking, betting slips, hitting the Toon.

A ‘thing’ match day goers now use as an excuse to justify their day out to do all of those things and more. Shame on all those that drag their kids along to something you cannot truly believe in and if you actually do, well enjoy the movie. I won’t spoil the ending for you!

Guest Howaythetoon

I wasn't been facetious...was genuinely asking after seeing you jump on others going.

Sorry, I normally read your stuff but I'm not reading something that long to a simple question :lol: Sorry, mate :blush:

I’ll break it down for you...

Took my now 5 year old to watch us at home to Arsenal where he ended up rooting for Arsenal and was thrilled in particular by the presence and performance of Ozil who my son, despite being only aged 4 back then, recognised and understood was a good player.

He’s familiar with Arsenal anyway because his uncle and cousin (my sister’s bloke and bairn) who lives in a country called London where Arsenal is the capital City (his words bless him) *supports them. He even has an Arsenal kit which he wanted and I bought him. I said no recently to a Pogba Man Utd kit mind...

I wasn’t bothered by any of that because its up to Newcastle United to give kids a team of heroes who they can worship and a team they can root for and get behind and at that age kids are innocent and it’s all about the players, or should be...

I get the whole parent taking their kid or kids to the match thing by the way because I’ve done it and I won’t lie they loved the whole day out if that’s what anyone wants to call it, from the bus ride into Town, a pre match hot dog which is a dad say no more treat between me and them because their mum is a Muslim, to the souvineer of a programme and then climbing - or running in their case - upto L7 of the Milburn to our seats.

As a dad, when they ran trough the entrance and into the stand, to witness my boys stopping dead in their tracks eyes wide open, breathless and jaws agape at what greeted them was special indeed. The majesty of our magnificent stadium from left the Leazes, centre the East Stand, right the Gallowgate, under foot and behind the Milburn and then of course that lush green pitch and a view reaching out to the City with the Tyne Bridge in viewshot, well, wow. Not for me, but for them, that was their exact words.

First time we beat Luton in the FA Cup, not longer after we drew 1-1 with Swansea and most recently a few months back we lost to Arsenal where the oldest (now 6) decided he didn’t want to go. Each time they loved it though.

But not so much because of the footy, but because of the day out, because it was different, something new. And I loved it as well because I was spending time with my kids and doing something that’s every father’s dream, a passage of rights, but only momentarily.

I quickly hated the whole football part of it. The silence, the football being played, the SD signs, fans turning up 15 minutes into the game, fans leaving 15 minutes before the end, fans constantly on their phones, moans and groans, the dirt, the grime and the cheapness of it all. I couldn’t wait to leave.

I looked at my kids all happy and having fun and felt sad because if our day out going to watch Newcastle every other week become a regular fixture for them and me the novelty would soon wear off and they would look upon the bus ride, the hot dog and the race to the top of L7 as the fun with the football just background noise and I don’t want that for them nor would want that to be our day out because they can have hot dogs any time, race up steps, take a ride on the bus.

Football is meant to be special...

If I took them every other week I’d be doing it for myself because that’s what dad’s do don’t we, take our kids to the match, NUFC is their home-town team, it’s in our blood, it’s our duty, no?

For me though it would be akin to taking my kids to the cinema every week to watch the same shit film again and again with popcorn, soft drinks, bus rides and racing up escalators the highlight of the day, the real fun part of going to watch a film, and even then they would soon tire of that.

There is no fun in watching NUFC or indeed going to the match. I would find it cruel on my kids if I dragged them to the match every other week and would also find it wrong to brainwash them into following NUFC all because it’s our club and I support them.

Kids need to fall in love with football, and only the game itself and the stars who light up the game can cast that kind of spell. Football needs to be magical for kids, the whole experience and not just once or now and again, but always. From playing it to watching it.

My two would soon fall out of love with football if I took them to watch Newcastle United every week and I don’t want that, I want them to experience what I did as a kid getting into football which was magical and the 5 year old has thanks to the Wold Cup and now loves football, playing it more so, his hero Ronaldo who he absolutely idolises. That’s what football is about for kids no?

I’ve fallen out of love with Newcastle nowadays, but I love football, I love playing it and there are not many better pleasures in life than watching a great game of football or great players play and that love will never leave me.

All those who pay for a seat to watch Mike Ashley’s NUFC you are killing the club for everyone, including yourselves and the next generation even if you don’t realise it. If going to the match is classed as good day out I can only conclude that Newcastle United Football Club as a football club is now dead because this isn’t football, this isn’t Newcastle United.

A club which was founded on 90 minutes of football where nothing else mattered, where going to the match wasnt a day out but a day to go and see your your beloved heroes play the game you love for the club you love. 90 minutes where anything could happen, where Hope was high and Faith was strong and heroes were born and legends made, moments immortalised, games to never forget, win lose or draw, this is football, this is my team, my club, these are my heroes.

All that is finished!

Today it’s no different to going to the pictures every week to watch the same shit film again and again and again. But hey, the popcorn is good and the seats are comfy! First of the squad back to the 3 Bulls gets the round in...

I actually hate Newcastle United today and everything it now represents, its not a football club anymore or to me anyway and it’s not something I can support nor want my kids involved with because I feel I’d be robbing them of something they deserve should they fall in love with the game. Which is something special and not some fake poorly made imitation where football is just this thing in the middle like an advert break from the main event of a big day out with the kids, the mates, drinking, betting slips, hitting the Toon.

A ‘thing’ match day goers now use as an excuse to justify their day out to do all of those things and more. Shame on all those that drag their kids along to something you cannot truly believe in and if you actually do, well enjoy the movie. I won’t spoil the ending for you!

Guest Howaythetoon

Came in here hoping for a positive tweet, got chapter 6 of HTT’s novel.

This ain’t Twitter Stiffy.

Thank fuck!

Guest Howaythetoon

Came in here hoping for a positive tweet, got chapter 6 of HTT’s novel.

This ain’t Twitter Stiffy.

Thank fuck!

We should really think about introducing a character limit though.

Aye, seems like there has been a load of numpties sign up lately after Dave left for rehab.

The chants have been pure cringe for at least the last few years.

Water off a ducks back arse with this cunt.

Something personal including his family would get a reaction.

Who did his wife shack up with when they separated?

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyway...

Another pint luv...

That is the biggest pile of shit I have ever read I would NEVER order carling..

You just gave your season ticket up this season no??

So the equiverlent of going to the match then?

Never had a season ticket in over a decade now FWIW.

I’d rather spend my money on tat from SD than 18 home games...