Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weird move if true. It's a bit like Fergie jacking in Man Utd to go and join Coventry City.

He just wants their stock and assets...he is a parasite.

He could do that without quitting SD though. To leave the SD role to concentrate on Debenhams is really very random.

Weird move if true. It's a bit like Fergie jacking in Man Utd to go and join Coventry City.

He just wants their stock and assets...he is a parasite.

Becoming CEO would be the best due diligence in the world- he would know exactly how much SD should bid for the remaining 70%- and when.

Seems the market has taken the development well- they clearly see Ashley as a better prospect than the current management.

He's probably ahead of the curve. He knows poverty is on the increase, people soon won't be able to keep up the payments on their internet, and will be driven onto the streets to make their purchases. He'll drive the landlords away and fill every inch with s*** for a 90%discount, which the people will have no choice but to accept. Soon we'll be comparing s*** sandwiches, for real, on facebook.

I hate Ashley as much as the next person but... what on earth are you on about? 😄 Almost every sentence you wrote defies every law of economics and upends the last 120+ years of history. Poverty is at a record low and is only going to get lower, technology has always, always made things cheaper: Adam Smith settled this debate ages ago, and has only been proved right every decade since.

We can all hate Ashley without claiming the rapture is coming 😂

Relative poverty is on the increase in the UK as has been since 2009.

Relative poverty might be on an upward trend in the UK, but global extreme poverty has plummeted to record low levels, and continues its shift downward. Unless another world war breaks out or we are plagued by disease or another recession, even the UK should be fine long term — oh I forgot about Brexit, so maybe not 😉

One, who did not want to be named, said: "I never stopped going. My best friend and I wanted to support the lads, not Oyston."

She added: "I feel sad for the old man [Owen Oyston] as he is getting a lot of the blame for everything and it's not really his fault - it was Karl as well."

Some of those who did not observe the boycott were called "scabs" on online forums.

Replace Owen with Mike, Karl with Charnley and you've got the NO story right there :lol:

Better fans than we are. Sadly

Certainly more backbone than a number of our lot. Though hard to equate; the lure of the PL and all it's glittering gold is a tempting sight that maybe is understandable for many to give up? And maybe the feel good factor of winning matches in the Chumpionship as well...

Personally think that's bollocks but may be an excuse for some...apart from the opportunity to get out the house and 'away' from the wife obviously, and the lack of anything else on the planet to do with your time.

He's probably ahead of the curve. He knows poverty is on the increase, people soon won't be able to keep up the payments on their internet, and will be driven onto the streets to make their purchases. He'll drive the landlords away and fill every inch with s*** for a 90%discount, which the people will have no choice but to accept. Soon we'll be comparing s*** sandwiches, for real, on facebook.

I hate Ashley as much as the next person but... what on earth are you on about? 😄 Almost every sentence you wrote defies every law of economics and upends the last 120+ years of history. Poverty is at a record low and is only going to get lower, technology has always, always made things cheaper: Adam Smith settled this debate ages ago, and has only been proved right every decade since.

We can all hate Ashley without claiming the rapture is coming 😂

Relative poverty is on the increase in the UK as has been since 2009.

Relative poverty might be on an upward trend in the UK, but global extreme poverty has plummeted to record low levels, and continues its shift downward. Unless another world war breaks out or we are plagued by disease or another recession, even the UK should be fine long term — oh I forgot about Brexit, so maybe not 😉

He's not buying the global high st. though, is he?