Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think Kenyon’s got a few questions to answer too about his ‘bid’.

The whole thing is a bit fishy to me. I’d probably be a bit less cynical if fat boy hadn’t performed in that horrendous interview on Sky where he did a 5 year old’s impression of someone trying to think. ‘Hmmmmmmmm.....’

Kenyon is on Ashleys payroll, lets be honest here.

Seems entirely plausible to me. Or doing a favour for a mate.

Guest firetotheworks
:lol: Why must that stupid conspiracy keep going on and on when there's nothing but contradictory evidence and absolutely no need for Kenyon to be in on anything? I've said it a million times but it's not only possible that Ashley was just mucking an interested buyer about, but highly probable considering it's Ashley's M.O and the high unlikelihood that anyone would deliberately lower their public perception and spend a fortune as a favour for a mate.

Guest covmag

:lol: Why must that stupid conspiracy keep going on and on when there's nothing but contradictory evidence and absolutely no need for Kenyon to be in on anything? I've said it a million times but it's not only possible that Ashley was just mucking an interested buyer about, but highly probable considering it's Ashley's M.O and the high unlikelihood that anyone would deliberately lower their public perception and spend a fortune as a favour for a mate.

Have to agree, his price is high and no one has the money.

I’d take a 20million pound player every season/ window it’s what we should be at least giving Rafa......can Ashley wipe the slate clean with our fans? Don’t think so but invest in quality, sort out facilities and nail down Rafa and he will go some way to looking like he’s interested.However he claims to be potless and it’s not gonna happen.

Why did we borrow the money for Almiron? Is he skint?

The whole thing is a bit fishy to me. I’d probably be a bit less cynical if fat boy hadn’t performed in that horrendous interview on Sky where he did a 5 year old’s impression of someone trying to think. ‘Hmmmmmmmm.....’

These crazy comments really need to stop. The way people go about Ashley and Bishop as if they pull the strings on everyone in the world.

These crazy comments really need to stop. The way people go about Ashley and Bishop as if they pull the strings on everyone in the world.

You can hardly blame people for suspecting so. The whole thing stinks like. Leaks to journalists, more progress than ever, due diligence, the timing of the whole entire thing. Then, apparently he never had the funds anyway. Whilst Bishop isnt the puppetmaster that he's sometimes portrayed as, there's a lot of smoke and mirrors with pretty much anything the club do. 

Guest neesy111

You can hardly blame people for suspecting so. The whole thing stinks like. Leaks to journalists, more progress than ever, due diligence, the timing of the whole entire thing. Then, apparently he never had the funds anyway. Whilst Bishop isnt the puppetmaster that he's sometimes portrayed as, there's a lot of smoke and mirrors with pretty much anything the club do.

:thup:

There are definitely questions need to be asked of Kenyon, but I think its simply down to Kenyon not playing ball with Ashley and him shifting the blame to Kenyon for not meeting his unreasonable demands. Ashley does like to play games, but I just hate comments like "Kenyon is in on it with Ashley, he must like Bishop's coin" its just unnecessary.

Looking forward to seeing what is actually shown in the accounts this year, surely hes taken a big chunk of the debt out the club, but will it actually be obvious or cleverly hidden?

It will be clear- it's not the first time he has repaid part of the shareholders loan (he also did it after the Carroll sale)

Did anybody in the media ever bother to ask Kenyon about it? It strikes me as strange that nobody reporting on the matter thought to ask the horse's mouth.

As for the suggestion that thinking a PR company releasing things to the press, constitutes "conspiracy theorising" get tae fuck, what services do you think PR firms provide? I swear people just put "conspiracy theory" in their arguments as a protective measure.

Did anybody in the media ever bother to ask Kenyon about it? It strikes me as strange that nobody reporting on the matter thought to ask the horse's mouth.

As for the suggestion that thinking a PR company releasing things to the press, constitutes "conspiracy theorising" get tae fuck, what services do you think PR firms provide? I swear people just put "conspiracy theory" in their arguments as a protective measure.

Exactly. You only have to read that letter from Willie McKay to Emiliano Sala to understand the smoke and mirrors that go on in the football world.

Suspecting that Kenyon may possibly have been part of Ashley’s fucking around with is not crazy or tinfoil hat.

Thinking Ashley isn’t an inveterate liar is more crazy iyam

Ashley never had any intention of selling the club because why would he? Owning NUFC makes him richer. Vast sums of football fans' money are routed via the club shop and retailing fees into Sports Direct, free advertising in one of the most relevant forms available, he's already asset stripped and will want to see the development of Strawberry place through (he's probably an investor, after all there was a news story about him expanding into real estate), and no doubt all manner of morally corrupt transactions are taking place that funnels NUFC's money into Ashley's pockets without ever having to declare anything in the annual financial statements.

He'll never be questioned as to why he loaned NUFC money instead of injecting cash as equity. He'll never be asked what terms and clauses he added when loaning the club cash and what he got in return for not charging interest. He's put out through the media this idea that NUFC has cost him money, but it's utter bullshit and you know it's bullshit because he's refused to sell this "loss making" club for far more than he bought it for. If this club was genuinely costing him millions to run per year he'd have chopped his arm off to get a sale, but it's the complete opposite.

That would involve doing some actual journalism.

And why do that when you can basically copy and paste someone else's article, or go off a Twitter rumour from @xXxFOOTBALLITK2008xXx no matter if it's true or not, and still have people believe it.

Just look how quickly the rest of the media went with that £51m transfer bid story based on one Tweet.

Ashley never had any intention of selling the club because why would he? Owning NUFC makes him richer. Vast sums of football fans' money are routed via the club shop and retailing fees into Sports Direct, free advertising in one of the most relevant forms available, he's already asset stripped and will want to see the development of Strawberry place through (he's probably an investor, after all there was a news story about him expanding into real estate), and no doubt all manner of morally corrupt transactions are taking place that funnels NUFC's money into Ashley's pockets without ever having to declare anything in the annual financial statements.

He'll never be questioned as to why he loaned NUFC money instead of injecting cash as equity. He'll never be asked what terms and clauses he added when loaning the club cash and what he got in return for not charging interest. He's put out through the media this idea that NUFC has cost him money, but it's utter bullshit and you know it's bullshit because he's refused to sell this "loss making" club for far more than he bought it for. If this club was genuinely costing him millions to run per year he'd have chopped his arm off to get a sale, but it's the complete opposite.

Problem for the media angle is that the audience for those kinds of questions is maybe 30% of Newcastle fans, that’s it. Everyone else in football isn’t really interested. It’s not like there’s a massive public interest story in revealing details of our accounts.