Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hopefully, if Rafa is spun this yarn, he's able to get them to formally commit to x spend per year and x investment in the infrastructure each with a penalty clause in his favour of £xm if it's not undertaken.

Get the fat wanker to put his money where his mouth is.

Hopefully, if Rafa is spun this yarn, he's able to get them to formally commit to x spend per year and x investment in the infrastructure each with a penalty clause in his favour of £xm if it's not undertaken.

Get the fat wanker to put his money where his mouth is.

You have to hope it goes that way although I can understand people are sceptical. Rafa does have some leverage in that he's rebuilding the value of the club and I don't think Ashley's that thick he won't appreciate it. Just my opinion but I reckon he'll loosen the purse string somewhat, but only allow Rafa to buy younger players who will have resale value like Almiron. Whether he'll do enough to keep Rafa here is another thing, but it does seem like he wants to stay if he gets anything like decent working conditions. Rafa does value experience though, so not sure he'll be able to work under conditions where he's not allowed to sign a player because he's 29.

Fuck sake, for Mike Ashley, upgrading the academy should cost peanuts, plus it can go on the price of the club. It's a no brainer.

In terms of recruitment, let Rafa have maximum input and just give him a healthy budget. If we are getting 100m TV money 50m should do-able, along with outgoing transfer fees.

Just as critical is Charnley's ability to get some deals done quickly.

I'm not ITK on the detail of the deal nor that specific point but I'd hazard a guess that Ashley wanted to put some of the fire out and told Kenyon that penning the letter would both reflect well on PK AND MA and also be a chance to talk directly to his future client base.

PK probably saw it as a positive in terms of keeping the seller on side. When you're in 'deal mode' sometimes you go with the flow to get the thing done. Getting Ashley on side would be a big positive for any potential buyer and it cost PK nothing.

In every single deal of this size the buyers AND sellers will have to make concessions in exchange for something. Ashley might have asked PK to put something out in exchange for exclusivity and and agreement that he'd talk to nobody else.

If you really wanted to buy NUFC, and thought it could happen, that you were in the box seat, what harm a one page letter?

I'd have done it if I thought it would mean the deal was more likely to conclude on positive terms.

All sorts of weird shit happens when people are making deals of this size. Politics/Personalities/Ego's/Favours/Manipulation.

And that's before you factor in the man-child of an owner we have.

PK is probably fucked off that Ashley got him to do that and then effectively changed his mind about a deal.

I don't know who PK's backers were but I should doubt very much if pure finance was the reason this fell over. I rather suspect it was the commercial terms/tie-in's that did that.

If you broadly know the price is circa £300m then you don't knock on the door when you only have access to £200m. That just doesn't happen.

I feel that both sides had done sufficient homework for PK to know the deal stood a good chance of working financially and that MA had done his homework on PK and his backers. For one thing, MA's Lawyers, always ask for proof of funds before sending out the deal packs etc.

Just because PK could potentially get his hands on £300m (which isn't that hard btw) that doesn't mean his backers would be comfortable at writing off x% of profit every year because Ashley wanted a cut or a long term incentivised exit.

Fair enough, either way Kenyon was either extremely naive to believe Ashley or he earned a few quid for going along with it all. Doesn't really matter which as either way, as everyone could predict, it ends with no sale.

Bolton were in the Premier League from 01/02 until 11/12. Not difficult to imagine them back with a bit of backing - a project for some investors unwilling to get shafted by Ashley. Time will tell.

Bolton were in the Premier League from 01/02 until 11/12. Not difficult to imagine them back with a bit of backing - a project for some investors unwilling to get shafted by Ashley. Time will tell.

They are on the verge of going into League 1. It will be a tough job to turn them around, assuming they have enough to come straight back up or manage to survive, the Championship is becoming a very competitive league and far more difficult to get promoted out of than it ever was.

We all know Ashley won’t do a deal unless he’s absolutely mugging off the other party.

The mugging won't be in the price. I reckon the price he's put around has been fair enough to get interest. It's what goes with it that makes possible buyers alter their price or walk away. It'll be on going advertising,  Rangers style merchandising deals and probably more.

Honestly, i think the summer is going to be VERY interesting, Ashley has to be mad to gladly see Rafa go.

Rafa doesn't lick his hoop. He'll be glad to see the back of him.

I don’t think he will, he’s got Gordon Ramsay running a Macdonalds. He’s just too short-sighted and disinterested to make it work