Newcastle United vs. AFC Bournemouth - 04/11/17 @ 3pm

HaydnNUFC

We should be looking at 3 points here.  We've had a good start but if we want to have a decent season these are the type of games you target for points.  We've got twice as many points as Bournemouth so we shouldn't be happy with a draw at all.

I think i'd like to see a few changes for this one as i think we might have gone a bit stale and been sussed out a bit.  I've lost patience with Perez and Joselu, they both look low on confidence and might benefit from being taken out of the firing line for a bit.  Would also like to see Murphy given a run of games, these 10 minute cameos are no good to him by the looks of it and hopefully he'd respond well if the manager indicates he trusts him to do a job.  I'd also bring Clark in for Lejuene, who i wasn't conviced by on monday night.  Clark is still our best defender IMO.  I'm assuming Merino is still injured which is a big blow.

Elliott

Yedlin.      Lascelles.      Clark.      Manquillo

Hayden.        Shelvey

Ritchie.              Murphy.              Atsu

Mitrovic/Gayle

Can't see it happening but hope he freshens it up in some way.

Guest alijmitchell

Gayle, Hayden and possibly gamez/Clark over manquillo. I'd be tempted to give diame a go in the 10 rather than ayoze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wait and see when this happens:

Elliott

Yedlin      Lascelles      Lejeune      Manquillo

Hayden        Shelvey

Ritchie              Perez              Atsu

Joselu

No easy fixtures but great chance to go into the international break with a win here. A win keeps the general momentum going, a draw wouldn't be a complete disaster though very frustrating, a loss obviously very disappointing.

If we play with the intensity we can do at home we should win this. I can see them making mistakes at the back, we just have to hope we have our shooting boots on to stick any chances away.

Hayden back into midfield to add some intensity.

I think we'll be fired up today and will win comfortably.

Whilst I agree with the above post we've started the season well. If we can have 20 points by the end of this month we'll have started very well.

Can't see why Hayden won't be back, Rafa confirmed yesterday that he's over the niggle that he had on Monday.

Still only a booking away from a suspension though, so with Merino possibly out for a month I would imagine we'll see Diame again sooner rather than later.

Elliott

Yedlin    Lascelles      LeJeune      Mbemba

Hayden    Shelvey

Ritchie            Diame                        Atsu

Gayle

I’ve watched a couple of Bournemouth games this season and they play some good stuff but I think we’ll get another narrow win today. I can’t see us being as bad going forward as we have been against Palace and Burley. We should get a lot more space with their more agressive style. It’s just a massive shame Merino isn’t playing because it would have been the type of game he’d thrive in.

2-1

Joselu

Lascelles

Predictable Defoe goal.