Newcastle United 0 - 1 Everton - 13/12/17 - Post-surrender reaction from page 13

Dave

Unlucky today. We deserved at least a point. We really have a problem with goalkeepers. We should either play Woodman and accept if he makes mistakes as a long time investment or buy another goalkeeper. No point in switching between Darlow and Elliot, it brings their confidence down and increase insecurity every time they switch places.

Lejeune is fucking horrendous.

Hoofing it up to goal for the last 15/20 really summed it up. A fucking horrible football match. Fuck you Darlow, you stupid cunt.

He definitely looked more solid defensively alongside Lascelles.  His hoofing does my head in too like

I don't think I've ever seen a worse last 30 minutes from home team down by one goal.

Unfortunately, this.

We didn't deserve to go in losing at the break...but neither did we deserve to equalise in the second half. At half time it was like that scene in Airplane where everyone yer man talks to is topping themselves. :D I was quite optimistic that we'd get something from the game based on what I'd seen in the first half.

Silly me...  :undecided:

Grim, is all.

It's rare I get up here so each match I get to, I just want to get as close as possible to a positive atmosphere. Within 15 minutes I feel guilty cheering the team on as everyone around me just wants to piss and moan.

Hopefully when I come over in April the atmosphere has changed and is positive. This would bum me the fuck out.

Grim, is all.

It's rare I get up here so each match I get to, I just want to get as close as possible to a positive atmosphere. Within 15 minutes I feel guilty cheering the team on as everyone around me just wants to piss and moan.

I'm the same tbh, I'd never have a pop at fans that go every week when I rarely get up to home games, but regularly going to away games and comparing that to experience of a home game it's absolutely crazy. The Joselu miss against Watford although bad seemed to poison the mood immediately and that set the tone. The lads in the corner do a good job of getting behind the team, though.

I now understand why some of our players look scared shitless and mistakes are rife.

First game I have managed to get to this season, the only thing worth the 500 mile round trip was seeing some mates and a decent bit of food. 

We got well and truly Allardyce'd.  A goal for them from 1 or 2 decent chances they had all game.  It was only a chance because of a goalkeeping howler and poor defending.  Then just play a flat back 4 and a midfield 5 right up on the halfway line.  Knowing full well we have nobody good enough to break us down.  Merino and Shelvey played in defence for most of the second half, with them pushing so high and we never looked like scoring. 

Everton will win and grind out points with these horrendous spoiler tactics.  So good news for them in the short term.  But fuck watching that every week.  It's even worse than watching us, I reckon.

As for us, we are absolutely rancid.  Couldn't even tell you who I think our best player is right now.  Our only fast and direct players have no end product.  We don't dare commit numbers to getting into the box and into advanced positions, due to us being so poor defensively.  We have a few players that struggle with the basics, like passing it 10 yards or actually controlling a football.  We are in a real mess here and without some quality in Jan, we're down, IMO. 

Once again, we started well and then lost our way.  Seems to be a worrying trend and teams are able to nullify what little attacking threat we carry with ease. 

Darlow - 3 - one job and he managed to fuck it up.  Decent save from their only other chance. 

Yedlin - 6 - like him.  But he still gets lost and ball watches when defending.  Decision making in the final third needs work.

Lascelles - 6 - solid enough

Lejeune - 4 - looks scared and plays like a 50 year old

Manquillo - 6 - best player first half.  Struggled when Blasic came on and got bullied.

Atsu - 6 - really lively, but not much end product, as per usual.

Shelvey - 5 - didn't do much.  Second yellow was a bit daft.

Merino - 7 - best player on the night, faded late on.  Was right in line with that hit, still not sure how it stayed out. 

Ritchie - 5 - Unlucky with his chance, good first half.  Absolutely toothless as per usual in the second.  Too slow. 

Diame - 2 - abject performance.  Just utter shite.

Gayle - 4 - no service, pretty crap when he did get the ball.

Subs - meh.  Did they do anything of note?

Grim, is all.

:thup:

It’s no shock things are bad inside the ground at the minute, but it always surprises me how quick it goes from the sort of atmosphere we had against Spurs/Liverpool to this. People are very worn down, I suppose.

Grim, is all.

It's rare I get up here so each match I get to, I just want to get as close as possible to a positive atmosphere. Within 15 minutes I feel guilty cheering the team on as everyone around me just wants to p*ss and moan.

:thup:

It’s no shock things are bad inside the ground at the minute, but it always surprises me how quick it goes from the sort of atmosphere we had against Spurs/Liverpool to this. People are very worn down, I suppose.

Atmosphere in Block V of the Gallowgate was really good at times. Just a shame so many other people around the stadium (bar Strawberry Corner) don't join in. I think the drum actually enhances things- mainly with chants like Rafael's black/white army that can keep going, and the drum helps revive or intensify it. It's class. Saying that, still don't think enough people in that Block join in enough.

Don't think it helps the mood of the crowd when Rafa is subbing Joselu on, it's clear what the crowd wants and they're going to react negatively to seeing someone who we consider a waste of a shirt constantly getting on the pitch.

Don't think it helps the mood of the crowd when Rafa is subbing Joselu on, it's clear what the crowd wants and they're going to react negatively to seeing someone who we consider a waste of a shirt constantly getting on the pitch.

It was actually met with one of the biggest cheers of that period.  Not sure if it was ironic cheers because Joselu was coming on, or genuine cheers because Diame was going off.  Or a mix of both :lol:

It was actually met with one of the biggest cheers of that period.  Not sure if it was ironic cheers because Joselu was coming on, or genuine cheers because Diame was going off.  Or a mix of both :lol:

Ah fair enough, I was watching on a stream and seemed to be a mix of groans with a very muted and pathetic attempt to gee him up and cheer him as he's clearly a lost cause. :lol:

:l

Disgraceful reaction by the fans

Really was. Our home fans at times are a shower of s*** tbh.

Says this prick sat at home in the warm with his central heating on  :lol:

I'd say the same to you too, but I dunno whether it's currently your NUFC time of the month or not.

and I'll be back when Ashley's gone, some of us stick to our principles.

It's never your time of the month. You're a nothing. You sit behind a keyboard in the warm and criticise the people that bother to wrap up warm and go to support. In short, you're a prick, a little tweeb, a coward of a person.

But you knew all this already.

You're homeless we get it.

Also, it is legal to be this puce?

<snip for the good of everyone; no one needs to see it again>

When I open Chrome, it now comes up with a list of links to news it thinks I'll be interested in which I find fairly handy all in all. Only problem is, every single Ryder article is supplemented with a thumbnail picture of his fucking mug. I don't think there's a way of blocking specific news websites. :(

When I open Chrome, it now comes up with a list of links to news it thinks I'll be interested in which I find fairly handy all in all. Only problem is, every single Ryder article is supplemented with a thumbnail picture of his f***ing mug. I don't think there's a way of blocking specific news websites. :(

There is, modify your hosts file. It's quite straight forward, I use it to block a lot of the advertising/tracking sites. Google it you'll be sorted in 10 minutes or so. Just make a copy first.

When I open Chrome, it now comes up with a list of links to news it thinks I'll be interested in which I find fairly handy all in all. Only problem is, every single Ryder article is supplemented with a thumbnail picture of his f***ing mug. I don't think there's a way of blocking specific news websites. :(

There is, modify your hosts file. It's quite straight forward, I use it to block a lot of the advertising/tracking sites. Google it you'll be sorted in 10 minutes or so. Just make a copy first.

On an iPhone?

Just seen the clip of that Rooney elbow on Ritchie twitter again

Right in front of the ref ffs

100% if that's Shelvey on one of their players (who then rolls around) it's a red card and discussed in length on MOTD

Dread to think the outrage and repercussions if one of our players does that at Arsenal on Saturday..

Just seen the clip of that Rooney elbow on Ritchie twitter again

Right in front of the ref ffs

100% if that's Shelvey on one of their players (who then rolls around) it's a red card and discussed in length on MOTD

Dread to think the outrage and repercussions if one of our players does that at Arsenal on Saturday..

Almost identical for what Mitro was given a 3 match ban.

Obviously it’s not been mentioned at all and never will be again though.