Newcastle United v Swansea City - 13/01/2018 @ 15:00 (no TV)

West Ham, Brighton, Stoke and Swansea needed to yield eight points to give us a fighting chance of staying up. Ten would put us in a reasonable position before the more difficult games to come. And when you consider Swansea's position - and our need for them to stay down there - this is as close to 'must-win' as you can get.

I'm wary of the fact that Carvahal did a number on Rafa twice last season, but if we can't win this home game it feels like we'll never win another one again. Hopefully today will have helped with the players' mentally.

If Lascelles is playing I think we'll nick it. 1-0, Gayle.

You're very dramatic these days.

Not sure I've said owt wrong, like? I'm saying I reckon we'll win, aren't I?

If you're referring to the first sentence; well, if Stoke - for instance - had beat us, we'd be in the relegation zone with 19 points from 22 games. :dontknow:

We have to win or draw most of the games against bottom-half teams if we're going to stay up. I don't see how that's a dramatic statement.

Maybe it's in the delivery. But then I did used to get all the major parts in the school plays. Primary school, anyway. Played Santa once. :memeyeah:

We've won 3 games in the last 3 weeks like Yorkie. This is no way must win.  Rafa will throw up 2 or 3 away wins before the season is through

Have you seen the fixtures? Lucky if we get 6 more away points in total.

Palace, Bournemouth and Watford are away games in which we have a fairly decent chance of picking up wins in.

Sorry like but we need to start winning home games. And we need to beat the teams around us as much as anyone. And the teams we absolutely don't want picking up any points are the likes of Swansea.

It's not insta-relegation if we only get a point (like I said: 8 from WHU/BHA/STO/SWA is an acceptable return), but it would be a pretty dismal result all things considered.

Hope there's some early incident of any kind, we need the crowd behind the players rather than on their backs if we're not steamrollering them after 20mins.

Reckon it'll be tight. 1-0 win or 1-1.

Aye. They played a solid 11 on the 18 yard line v Spurs. We're not good enough to break that down if they do the same. Also Carvahal has our number which is worrying.

Going to be unable to check the score for this n all which will absolutely kill me.

We need to win this.

Swansea are shit, from what I have seen of them this season they just sit back and let teams come onto them and hope the other team gets tired and try to get back into the game on the break.

We need to win this.

Swansea are s***, from what I have seen of them this season they just sit back and let teams come onto them and hope the other team gets tired and try to get back into the game on the break.

That's surely over-estimating us.

We need to win this.

Swansea are s***, from what I have seen of them this season they just sit back and let teams come onto them and hope the other team gets tired and try to get back into the game on the break.

That's surely over-estimating us.

:lol:

We need to win this.

Swansea are shit, from what I have seen of them this season they just sit back and let teams come onto them and hope the other team gets tired and try to get back into the game on the break.

I’m sure that’s our game plan for most of the season as well. Should be absolute shit off.

A win would be so huge for us at this crucial time and opponent. Hoping we dont show are poor home form. Should be fielding new recruits in this game too but that seems to be a ridiculous suggestion in the circumstances.