Manchester City 3-1 Newcastle United - 20/01/2018 - post match crack p22

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Joselu's bad, I'm hardly going to have a go at him for Ashley's incompetence though, his application can't really be faulted, he's just not good enough.

Expected performance but the closing down hasn’t been really lacklustre by the front three - really disappointing from all of them really. I know the quality difference is massive but they’ve looked clueless whenever we’ve had the ball. Murphy looks far happier on the left mind.

Convinced we would be 5 down if we had a go at these. I know it's a hard watch but the Idea is to still have a chance in last 20 mins where we may push a bit more.

If nothing else our goal difference could be intact rather than ruined

Convinced we would be 5 down if we had a go at these. I know it's a hard watch but the Idea is to still have a chance in last 20 mins where we may push a bit more.

If nothing else our goal difference could be intact rather than ruined

They few times we've pushed 4-5 men forward, they've hit us on the break and could have punished us.

There is literally no way mitrovic could be worse than joselu, even if he gets a red in the process.

I remember feeling like a vulnerable championship team last time we got back to premier league. We actually played with heart then though. Maybe it is the same now but this team and playing style feels so much worse. 

Literally nothing about us and no one capable of scoring up front. Same as all sides that get relegated. If we have any money it has to go on strikers that will score we can scrape by with the rest.

Guest firetotheworks

Darlow's hardly been flying around his goal.

We look well organised and as long as it's only 1-0 we're in the match.

Basically could not give a fuck.

Same. Matches feel irrelevant now tbh.

Mark Clattenburg saying "In the ref's head, as this counter is happening, what should be going through his head is "Shelvey's gonna foul. Shelvey's gonna foul. Shelvey's gonna foul." because he will foul, and he did foul. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Least they're not slaughtering us for the tactics this time.

Still far too many digs imo. Literally every team below 6th or 7th plays this way against them, there's no other way when teams are that good on the break, yet you'd think other teams played like Liverpool do.