The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Yeah, that's true. It was just the way that the one arm was locked that was the similarity.

They both then went to the floor and because the one arm was pinned Salah couldn't brace for the fall, unfortunately. The other shoulder then took all of the weight of the fall.

Carvajal got injured in the 2016 CL final. Missed the Euros.

This time he’s likely to miss the WC. He would’ve started in both. Who is the back-up?

Manquillo.

Remember that stat that Bale had when he first started at Spurs and he didn't win a game for like 30 games. And now he's scoring worldies in the Cl final

We taught him everything he knows.

Must say I enjoyed it myself. Perhaps Klopp should have tried the gegenpress in training on his own goalkeeper.

Ramos should have been booked for simulation and the grainy zoom shot makes it look like he might have got a sly one in on Karius, but the Salah one is just a coming together. It sounds like people clutching at straws. RM may be a poor side, but they were better than Liverpool.

Before offering my opinion (that no one in their right mind should care about), I'd like to say the following:

- I've hated Liverpool since the first 4-3. I was a bairn at the time and I took it to heart how much they (and their fans) celebrated taking the title away from us.

- I've pretty much hated every edition of Liverpool apart from Rafa's (honest) and sort of kind of this lot.

- The current Liverpool side are quite fantastic going forward, and quite mediocre in midfield, defence and at GK. Despite that I'll not take anything away from their somewhat successful season.

- Sergio Ramos is a quality defender but an absolute prick.

Now to be honest, I was in two minds about Liverpool winning last night. Most of my good friends are Liverpool supporters and I wanted them to enjoy it, but on the other hand the wife is hardcore Real so there was only one winner in the end.

Liverpool, despite blowing some sides away in the competition this year, were a bit lucky to get to this final in the first place IMO. The return games against City and Roma to be exact. Certain decisions went their way at key moments that could've halted their run had the refereeing been better/different. Real were also lucky to scrape past Bayern and Juve in their second legs.

Onto the game, we were all expecting a glorious goal fest which didn't really materialize. Real looked quite nervous at the start and rightly so as the favorites facing one of the most dangerous forward lines (and this year's best player). The injury to Salah was purely accidental IMO. Ramos had no qualms about stay touch tight to him but the incident itself wasn't malicious at all. He actually releases the arm as they both start to tumble (could have hurt himself as well). The incident on Karius is debatable because Ramos is clearly pushed by Van Dijk first before he's anywhere near the GK.

There wasn't much good football played. Real created more chances, and defended well across all their lines. Liverpool were very good in defence and quite ordinary in midfield and attack. Karius obviously had his worst footballing nightmares all come true in one match. Not sure how psychologically strong he is but that might be him finished at the top level of the game.

One thing I wasn't surprised by at all was that without Salah, Liverpool had no gameplan apart from the high press. Apart from the goal and A. Arnold's early chance, they barely threatened the goal. Firmino and Lallana barely touched the ball. Henderson passed sideways and into nonthreatening positions as he only knows how. Wijnaldum tried to make a dribble or two but, like Liverpool's midfield, looked a step below in quality compared to Casemiro, Kroos and Modric (none of whom had a particularly good game).

All in all, I quite enjoyed that. From Liverpool's perspective the events were tragic but they didn't lose because of any Ramos/refereeing malice as most of them are crying about this morning. Maybe Klopp will finally decide to be ruthless and address his glaring goalkeeping problems. He also has to add to Keita in midfield. I wonder if anyone will come in for Salah this summer. For their (and football's) sake, I hope not.

Carvajal got injured in the 2016 CL final. Missed the Euros.

This time he’s likely to miss the WC. He would’ve started in both. Who is the back-up?

Azpilicueta / Odriozola ?

Was it just me or did Ronaldo not run over to celebrate with everyone for Bale’s 1st goal?

He did :lol:

Seemed off all game though. Whatever this announcement is was clearly playing on his mind. Last game for Real? Retirement after world cup?

Was it just me or did Ronaldo not run over to celebrate with everyone for Bale’s 1st goal?

Seemed off all game though. Whatever this announcement is was clearly playing on his mind. Last game for Real? Retirement after world cup?

Did he? I’ve watched everyone pile on but never once see the number 7 shirt?

But when asked if he was disappointed not score in the final, Ronaldo said: "Who's disappointed? Perhaps they need to change the name of the Champions League to the CR7 Champions League. Who has the most titles and who has the most goals?"

He's so unlikeable

pE930CX.png

60JsFNt.png

pE930CX.png

60JsFNt.png

:thup: fair play. Though does he run past Bale and acclaim the goal like its his :lol:

Also, the post game Bale interview, was about as bad an advert for modern football as you can see.

You've literally just won the biggest club competition in the world, the biggest night of many people's careers, the absolute pinnacle of your career, the thing you've worked all those years for and rather than just be in the moment of sheer jubilation, able to overlook self-interest, engage with your team mates and enjoy the moment you make it political, financially motivated and all about next season.

Fucking hell man. For one night, that's all completely irrelevant, worry about it tomorrow, next week or whatever. You've literally made the most incredible history and you take your chance to have a dig and play politics.

I thought it stunk personally.

Also, the post game Bale interview, was about as bad an advert for modern football as you can see.

You've literally just won the biggest club competition in the world, the biggest night of many people's careers, the absolute pinnacle of your career, the thing you've worked all those years for and rather than just be in the moment of sheer jubilation, able to overlook self-interest, engage with your team mates and enjoy the moment you make it political, financially motivated and all about next season.

Fucking hell man. For one night, that's all completely irrelevant, worry about it tomorrow, next week or whatever. You've literally made the most incredible history and you take your chance to have a dig and play politics.

I understand what you're saying but he did get asked the question by Des Kelly and he was obviously frustrated at being left on the bench.

I hate players getting interviewed on the pitch and missing out on celebrations with the fans/teammates. I guess Bale should have saved it for after the celebrations

f***ing hell man. For one night, that's all completely irrelevant, worry about it tomorrow, next week or whatever. You've literally made the most incredible history and you take your chance to have a dig and play politics.

:thup:

Just come on, scored an incredible goal and won the European Cup and man of the match. And yet all he's arsed about was the fact he didn't start. Piss off man.